News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah I don’t think it appears there is a restaurant at the top. Those look like grand villas and then dining at the bottom with lagoon views.
Compared to the VGF or BLT this is a very small building. I don’t even think you’ll have rooms facing the monorail due to the narrowness of the property. These are going to be by far the most point consuming rooms for any DVC resort ever.

Skywise

the current Poly was referred to more than once as the "vaguely Californian Polynesian" by critics.
This. "Polynesian" culture was never so much "Polynesian culture" as it was the Californian Surfing hysteria that was all over during the 60s and early 70s (see Brady Bunch) the tiki aspect came out of the same drinking/party culture and that's why it's all Kitsch.

That the imagineers don't A> realize that and B> don't even theme the roof to match the existing roofing style that the even the Bungalows matched shows that this is just suits and bean counters throwing down building A into plot B because people will buy into it.
That's great for short term thinking as today's business schools like to churn out from their degree mills. But long term? It encroaches on the GF's themeing, adds more stress to the already overloaded GCH unless it becomes a dining/shopping destination as well (which i doubt because this has all the feel of another BLT and, besides, all that shopping and dining keeps people out of the parks and reduces potential room space, Parr! Who's thinking of OUR bottom line?!)

ToTBellHop

Compared to the VGF or BLT this is a very small building. I don’t even think you’ll have rooms facing the monorail due to the narrowness of the property. These are going to be by far the most point consuming rooms for any DVC resort ever.
I can’t imagine what these will cost.

I‘ll gladly just stay at the huge studios at the opposite end of the resort.

Skywise

Reflections didn't have an ability to monorail OR walk, and years later with the required increase in (per point) cost, it's less interesting to people at large. Honestly I think that project was a bit of an overreaction to the intense interest for CCV. Now I am wondering if this will need a new bus depot since that is a bit of a walk. I assume they won't do it as the buses are not far from GCH, but that's starting to push the envelope.
But... it's just a short walk to the TTC! ;)

Actually I'm kind of surprised they didn't expand into the TTC area.

CaptainAmerica

On what planet would they come out with a more aggressive points chart than the Grand?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
On what planet would they come out with a more aggressive points chart than the Grand?
BD8F7248-07C3-426D-98EF-BC3C367B318A.jpeg

Brian

I know of at least 4 different DVC projects being examined. I agree with you that an organized company wouldn’t be refurbishing the South Garden Wing if it is next in line.
There's two sites under consideration that I really really wish they'd find some issue with that coincidentally can't be fixed until some real creatives get in the C-Suite.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There two sites under consideration that I really really wish they'd find some issue with that coincidentally can't be fixed until some real creatives get in the C-Suite.
They did a mock-up of a renovation room in the south wing last year. Very unlikely that would be a DVC spot.

If I had to guess a spot…it would somewhere off the back/outer ring of Epcot. Just a guess…nothing more.

CaptainAmerica

If only there was a themed resort in Hawaii that they could take inspiration from…
If they built Aulani brick-for-brick in Orlando (it would sink into the Earth, but also) armies of people would be in uproar over the generic tower architecture. People ALREADY complain that Aulani is somehow "dated" and "bland" in the guest rooms.

gerarar

Premium Member
Wooo, another elevated area to watch the fireworks from!..

If DE is still showing nightly when this thing opens, even more people will realize that they are the magic and that the magic lies within you!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom