News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Epcot_Imagineer

Poppins flat ride is still the biggest rumour thought isn't it? The rest is all pretty much confirmed

Martin posted this on the dead Poppins UK rumor thread then alluded to a new project being greenlit:

Isn't Brazil still a rumor too or did I miss something?

Martin on the same day posted this on the dead Brazil country thread, also alluding to a new greenlit project:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just to make sure I’m remembering it all, this is what is coming to Epcot by 2022:
  • Ratatouille ride
  • New night show
  • Mulan- based China 360 show
  • Updated Canada 360 show
  • Updated IDF
  • Beauty and the Beast sing along
  • GotG coaster
  • WOL Play Pavilion
  • Space Restaurant
  • Mary Poppins flat ride
  • New purpose for the Odyssey building
  • Brazil pavilion
  • Updated entrance
Is that all correct?

If so, I really am going to need to do 2 days in Epcot next trip (and nothing excites me more).
-Updated SSE
-New Harvest Theater film
-New Innoventions area
-Japan Restaurant

Announced or In Progress
  • Rides
    • Ratatouille ride
    • GotG coaster
    • Completely refurbished and updated SSE
  • Shows
    • 2 new successive night/fireworks shows
    • Mulan-based China seamless 360 show
    • Beauty and the Beast sing along (may be temporary)
    • Arts and Garden festivals getting 3 concert shows daily
    • Summer Guardians Awesome Mix Tape show
    • More Coco celebrations
  • Pavilions
    • WOL Play Pavilion
    • Odyssey building used as a exhibit (Experience Center) for things to come, after that... ??
  • Food
    • Space Restaurant
    • New signature Japan Restaurant
  • Infrastructure
    • Completely re-done entrance with the megaliths removed
    • New Spine, announced by Chapek, rumored to include:
      • Westside Innoventions demo'd
      • new shopping and food
    • Skyliner
      • "Epcot Area" "Skyliner Resort" Riviera DVC
Rumored
  • Mary Poppins flat ride
  • Brazil pavilion
  • New Harvest Theater film
  • monorail double-bag check done away with
  • Living with the Land refresh
  • Seas refresh
  • Agent P replaced by Ducktales
  • Updated IDF show

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Announced or In Progress
  • Rides
    • Ratatouille ride
    • GotG coaster
    • Completely refurbished and updated SSE
  • Shows
    • 2 new successive night/fireworks shows
    • Mulan-based China seamless 360 show
    • Beauty and the Beast sing along (may be temporary)
    • Arts and Garden festivals getting 3 concert shows daily
    • Summer Guardians Awesome Mix Tape show
    • More Coco celebrations
  • Pavilions
    • WOL Play Pavilion
    • Odyssey building used as a exhibit (Experience Center) for things to come, after that... ??
  • Food
    • Space Restaurant
    • New signature Japan Restaurant
  • Infrastructure
    • Completely re-done entrance with the megaliths removed
    • New Spine, announced by Chapek, rumored to include:
      • Westside Innoventions demo'd
      • new shopping and food
    • Skyliner
      • "Epcot Area" "Skyliner Resort" Riviera DVC
Rumored
  • Mary Poppins flat ride
  • Brazil pavilion
  • New Harvest Theater film
  • monorail double-bag check done away with
  • Living with the Land refresh
  • Seas refresh
  • Agent P replaced by Ducktales
  • Updated IDF show
I think Martin said in the other thread that the food and shopping options will change a lot with the spine redevelopment too. Not sure if that means another sit down restaurant, food kiosks or a change to counter service but it sounds like more/better food options in the front half of the park too.

Kman101

Okay I will bite. Why?
Why does Epcot need rides?

They are getting a new coaster to replace Energy, just got revamped Space, and Soarin. Plus they are getting a much needed update to SSE. Then in WS we got Frozen, have mexico, adding Rat and still supposedly getting UK ride of some kind. Plus there is still the chance, granted slim of a ride with the new Brazilian pavilion.

Don't you think they also need attractions that are NOT rides? When Innovations was at its best, that to me is some of what we are seeing here with WoL. Maybe even better. And they are doing this to free up the spine for much needed greenery and space.

I have no issues with this decision vs. status quo.

And yet the park still needs more, just like DHS and AK. Even MK does in all reality. They’re still about 10 years behind. But I don’t hate the WOL thing. And I know folks are still whining about IP but they need to accept that’s the direction. It sucks but it is what it is at this point. Hating it doesn’t change its coming lol

Kman101

It's not like there's much inside of WoL to begin with 😂

Comparing the "demolition" of the inside of a now-unthemed shopping/showcase space to the actual demolition of the interior of a dark ride is a bit of a silly position to take.

Heck, I'd consider the demolition of the interior of Innoventions a much more serious project than taking down a bunch of pastel signs and oddly placed theaters/stages.

Some are being pretty over dramatic about this lol

Kman101

As far as I've read, I haven't seen one "EPCOT Center purist" post where they wish things wouldn't change. I have read posts that say they wish the Company had kept the original vision for the park and maintained and updated it with enhancements that are in keeping with the original theme and vision. That's the camp I'm in. Have I missed something?

But the fact remains they want to use IP. Do I love it? No. Do I want Horizons back too? You bet I do. But if we’re going to get IP why can’t some of you find a middle ground?

Kman101

Me. I have no idea whether or not I truly “get it”, but I think I do at least.

I get it too but many many many people aren’t like us who actually remember some things and research the rest. It’s not fair sometimes how those who are truly Epcot purists basically look down on the “unwashed” ... it’s not becoming and people need to remember we all view the parks differently :)

Brer Oswald

I get it too but many many many people aren’t like us who actually remember some things and research the rest. It’s not fair sometimes how those who are truly Epcot purists basically look down on the “unwashed” ... it’s not becoming and people need to remember we all view the parks differently :)
I hope research is enough. My first trip was just after the Millennium Celebration 😬

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom