News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Phicinfan

So wonders is now a big M&G location? What is with a and M&Gs?!?
Seriously?
Did no one read what @marni1971 posted?

Now it’s “out”....

The interior will be one huge IP driven playground. I’m aware of three core IPs. If all goes to plan one forum member in particular will be happy. Don’t think attractions as such. More like environments. Expect F&B to be added too. And digital interaction. Work should begin before the fall.
It will have F&b, M&G and play areas and digital interactions. Its more than a glorified M&G

Casper Gutman

Wow. They said it was opening in 2021 and didn't go into specifics. How did you get to see it and go inside to give such a detailed review of what it is?
If the combination of art, press release, insider reports, and past experience leads you to a different conclusion, I’d be genuinely interested in your thinking. But don’t pretend it’s unreasonable to draw conclusions from the fairly plentiful evidence (including Disney’s own words) that we have.

MickeyMinnieMom

If the combination of art, press release, insider reports, and past experience leads you to a different conclusion, I’d be genuinely interested in your thinking. But don’t pretend it’s unreasonable to draw conclusions from the fairly plentiful evidence (including Disney’s own words) that we have.
You and I must have very different interpretations pf these, then...

Kman101

This just seems like the same collection of meet-and-greets with painted backdrops and halfhearted, quickly outdated “interactive” displays that WDW has shoved into any vacant spot they don’t know want to fill with something more substantive - Innoventions, Imagination, the Animation Building at MGM, etc. It seems very much like a stopgap, the sort of thing we’ll be waiting for them to replace within 5 years of its opening.

It also manages to make Future World even more thematically confused. It seems to lack any educational component to link it to the EPCOT of the past, but it still tries to maintain the outer trappings of the dead concept by terming itself the Play Pavilion. Putting a Black-Panther-themed Wakandan outreach center in the space would actually have made the area MORE cohesive - this just exacerbates the muddle.

Better to be all in one place. One bright side

Casper Gutman

Better to be all in one place. One bright side
I do agree with this as long as they actually do something impressive with the space this will free up at Imagination and Innoventions. This just seems like a minor announcement that dribbles out after you reveal the big impressive stuff, not the first official part of your park overhaul rollout.

EPCOTCenterLover

My elementary aged kids (and now my daughters') loved Epcot as it was. And her kids are looking forward to World Showcase as much as they are the Magic Kingdom. It's all in how you approach the park. And in how you share about it with your kids. It doesn't have to be filled with IP for the park to be Kid Friendly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom