News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

Animaniac93-98

I don’t get why they don’t open Aunt Polly’s more frequently. It would bring some people out to TSI as well

Someone once suggested having places like Aunt Polly's serve exclusive items to encourage more people to come there.

I think that's a great idea and MK needs more variety in its counter service food anyway. They could get really creative and it would help to spread crowds throughout the park and justify reopening all these closed venues.

Animaniac93-98

What was in that space in the distant past (pre Pirates League)?

House of Treasure, which has been there since 1973 and closed in 2001.

The House of Treasure
Opened: 1973
Closed: 2001
Became: The Pirates League

Originally, if you wanted to buy Pirates of the Caribbean stuff, you had to go into the House of Treasure. This high ceilinged, atmospheric shop had three entrances: the high traffic one from the Plaza Del Sol Caribe, one facing north that spit out by the Caribbean Plaza pay phones and a shaded porch, and a rear exit that flowed into the secluded courtyard alongside the Pirates of the Caribbean queue, with the Fuente de Cielo azul.

When it was in operation, this was probably my favorite shop in Magic Kingdom. With walls lined with Spanish royal flags and decorative shelves stocked with pirate treasure, it reminded me of being inside the treasury room that appeared at the end of the attraction.

House of Treasure was shuttered following the 2001 recession, and by 2003 its main entrance has ominously become home to a dressing room, sealing off the rest of the area. It never returned. In 2009, the space become the pirate-themed version of Fantasyland's popular Princess makeover experience, The Bippity Boppity Boutique.
"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would imagine Olgas also spurred them to make haste with type of thing.

1694302192759.png

hopemax

Fairly confident this is going into Pirates League.
Of course it is. Because people will naturally like it, and you wouldn't want to have enough space to handle a lot of people for concepts that people like. You need to make it small that people will fall over themselves trying to get a dining reservation, and a million vloggers will post about it and it becomes some sort of status of if you can get in or not. And for the alcohol they would need a more walled location than Tortuga, lest people stroll out into Adventureland, drinks in hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom