New Pirates Adventure like the old Kim Possible?

RSoxNo1

Honestly, I do not remember where I saw, heard, read this but I thought there was talk about changing the POTC queue to be similar to HM in that you would have two options. The regular que that would wind thru the fort or the second interactive option that would allow you to treasure hunt with the pirates. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Those prompts would seem to fit an interactive que.

This was on the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. From what I've seen this seems to be a different project. I don't know anything about the POTC queue project.

Mike730

Honestly, I do not remember where I saw, heard, read this but I thought there was talk about changing the POTC queue to be similar to HM in that you would have two options. The regular que that would wind thru the fort or the second interactive option that would allow you to treasure hunt with the pirates. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Those prompts would seem to fit an interactive que.

If this wasn't explicitly noted as an Adventureland addition and not part of an attraction, then I could totally see this happening.

Edit: Also, is it naive to ask exactly what water is being referred to as part of these new elements?

bhg469

It just occurred to me that when sorcerers was still being buzzed about, someone posted a qr code that wasn't part of sorcerers. It was something to do with a treasure hunt. I'm guessing that was to do with this. I'm really geeked for something more advanced than a boring kinect game.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Orlando Theme Parks News has photos of possible elements of the new Pirates-themed interactive game ("Pirates Adventure: Jewels of the Seven Seas"??) at Adventureland: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2012/12/new-interactive-game-elements-at-magic.html

The Magic Kingdom Park is in the process of receiving a brand-new, Pirates-themed interactive game, which will debut next year in Adventureland. According to some rumors, this new interactive adventure will require a fee, even though plans may change, or we may not know all the particulars on the matter.

Tip Top Club

The Tiki God looking thing with the posts around it and Skull has some speakers in the posts as well, I noticed it a few weeks ago and had no idea what it was. Interesting.

By the Way, the Work near the fairies Meet and Greet is a refurbishment for a backstage area, won't affect guests or the game in any way. (They are replacing the old rotting wood in the Veranda which is mostly backstage areas now except for the Tinkerbell Greet. Putting in some new concrete floors as well to replace the old wood ones.)

taz0162

I've seen what the Fanboys have seen.

Looks cool (like a high-tech Adventureland Challenge)....but I don't really think it's needed.

Do we really require more games in the MK? Isn't the one big one enough.:shrug:
more games, expecially since there is no additional fee associated with them is great since it will cut down on the people waiting in lines since they are playing a game through areas that people would normally just walk through.

WDWFREAK53

Rather than a "game" I like the idea of different "affects" happening as you walk through certain areas/in the queue/even while on a ride, that interacts specifically with "YOU" as it reads your RFID.

RSoxNo1

Animaniac93-98

I hear the skeleton's hand in the water is not a prop, but the actual hand of a fan who tried to get some good shots for his blog, but met an unfortunate fate.

Disney keeps the hand visible for those who do not heed warnin's about gettin' too curious. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom