New Pirates Adventure like the old Kim Possible?

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
I stumbled across this and didn't see it posted here yet:

http://www.wdwfanboys.com/blog/new-immersive-pirates-experience-coming-to-adventureland/

Sounds far more interesting to me then SotMK. This is the kind of environmental interaction activities I really enjoy. It could add to the experience of Adventureland from the description.

Thoughts?

Lee

Adventurer
I've seen what the Fanboys have seen.

Looks cool (like a high-tech Adventureland Challenge)....but I don't really think it's needed.

Do we really require more games in the MK? Isn't the one big one enough.:shrug:

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
I've seen what the Fanboys have seen.

Looks cool (like a high-tech Adventureland Challenge)....but I don't really think it's needed.

Do we really require more games in the MK? Isn't the one big one enough.:shrug:

Selfishly, I want the cannons back. Don't care how.

Lee

Adventurer
I intend to look closely at Sorcerers when I'm up there next weekend.
I'm inclined to hate it already, but I'll reserve full judgement...

JimboJones123

I intend to look closely at Sorcerers when I'm up there next weekend.
I'm inclined to hate it already, but I'll reserve full judgement...

It is a really neat idea that clearly isn't targeted at everybody.

My kids love it. But I find it to be a huge time waster.

If the video times were cut by 2/3 and the actual cards you use did. Something besides throw a character branded screen wipe up it may be better.

Half the time you just use the back of the card anyways. That, and you have way too many villains playing for you.

The shell concept is great. Just not the execution.

RSoxNo1

Robert Niles has more info up on his site. Everything he said in his article corresponds with what we have seen.

I haven't done SotMK yet, but this does seem more interesting to me.

As Martin said, I don't know for sure that this is happening, but it's definitely something that was in the works fairly recently.

Mike730

I'll admit to thinking this sounds pretty cool. Although, I'd only like it if it isn't marketed as a "game" like SotMK.

If they were simply there as 'easter eggs' that add to the thematic environment, rather than a full blown mini-attraction, I would like it much better.

Also, I think theres some serious potential to confuse guests if this turns out to be anything remotely like SotMK. Newbies could have difficulty distinguishing the two.

RSoxNo1

I'll admit to thinking this sounds pretty cool. Although, I'd only like it if it isn't marketed as a "game" like SotMK.

If they were simply there as 'easter eggs' that add to the thematic environment, rather than a full blown mini-attraction, I would like it much better.

Also, I think theres some serious potential to confuse guests if this turns out to be anything remotely like SotMK. Newbies could have difficulty distinguishing the two.

The way that it appears to me was that each of these would be grouped together to be called "A Pirate's Adventure: Jewels of the Seven Seas". Having said that it appears that this wasn't a unifying element to all of these like SotMK, I'd have to look at the details a bit more closely, but I viewed this as a series of element similar to the rope that you pull in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular queue area.

Lee

Adventurer
The way that it appears to me was that each of these would be grouped together to be called "A Pirate's Adventure: Jewels of the Seven Seas". Having said that it appears that this wasn't a unifying element to all of these like SotMK, I'd have to look at the details a bit more closely, but I viewed this as a series of element similar to the rope that you pull in the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular queue area.

No, as i understand it there would be unity to the activities.
Think Kim Possible crossed with the old Adventureland Challenge scavenger hunt.

Mike730

Well thats good to hear. I sincerely hope it stays simple. I don't know about that name though. :ROFLOL: It always has to be an 'adventure'.

Overall though, I wouldn't mind seeing this type of thing around the park as long as it doesn't detract from what's already there. If I lean on a rock and a little bird comes out and whistles the first line to "With a Smile and a Song" or if a knock on a nearby tree turns on a light in Beast's Castle, then its cool with me. In fact, I might dare say it's the kind of thing that attracts so many fans to WDW, the 'attention to detail'.

I would be impressed if this kind of thing was added without a promotion or some sort of marketing scheme attached.

edit:

No, as i understand it there would be unity to the activities.
Think Kim Possible crossed with the old Adventureland Challenge scavenger hunt.
Oh... Ehh....

And why didn't they do this INSTEAD of Sorcerers? Sounds so much better.

You know, I suppose I do like the animatronic-esque stuff better than a bunch of screens

zandalee

Honestly, I do not remember where I saw, heard, read this but I thought there was talk about changing the POTC queue to be similar to HM in that you would have two options. The regular que that would wind thru the fort or the second interactive option that would allow you to treasure hunt with the pirates. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Those prompts would seem to fit an interactive que.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom