New Pictures from Disney

Do you think New Fantasyland will be appreciated for it's detail or attractions?

• Detail

Votes: 85 92.4%
  • Attractions

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yensidtlaw1969

^I agree!

Mermaid looks incredible. The textures and depths are to me reminiscent of something you would see in Disneyland Paris, and I think that's a wonderful thing. While I felt the attraction was nothing to write home about after riding in DCA, I can definitely see myself spending lots of time just wandering around this version, soaking up the atmosphere of its exterior. What a beautiful new location for Magic Kingdom guests to enjoy.

I must say, though I hate to be that guy . . . I'm still not quite sold on the Ballroom. Especially with how good everything else is looking, it just seems so off model. I still can't wait to see it in person, I'm sure its beauty will stun me, but where many of the other New Fantasyland elements achieve a high level of believability that "this IS the scene from the movie, fully realized in dimension", this seems like it's own, new design. I hope that in the end it achieves its own illusion.

Thank you for sharing these photos!

luis71091

I wa
^I agree!

Mermaid looks incredible. The textures and depths are to me reminiscent of something you would see in Disneyland Paris, and I think that's a wonderful thing. While I felt the attraction was nothing to write home about after riding in DCA, I can definitely see myself spending lots of time just wandering around this version, soaking up the atmosphere of its exterior. What a beautiful new location for Magic Kingdom guests to enjoy.

I must say, though I hate to be that guy . . . I'm still not quite sold on the Ballroom. Especially with how good everything else is looking, it just seems so off model. I still can't wait to see it in person, I'm sure its beauty will stun me, but where many of the other New Fantasyland elements achieve a high level of believability that "this IS the scene from the movie, fully realized in dimension", this seems like it's own, new design. I hope that in the end it achieves its own illusion.

Thank you for sharing these photos!
I was thinking the same thing before I saw that pic. While it was under construction I wasn't that impressed because I was hoping for the domed ceiling, but after looking at this pic I was stunned. It may not give that "in the movie" feeling, but it sure is beautiful!

NewfieFan

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Yes, I saw those on facebook and wondered where they came from and if they were posted before. Very nice pictures! Sooooo impressed with The Little Mermaid area!
Just doing my regular New Fantasyland, Past 24 hours, Google Image search and they came up! :) Really like the Little Mermaid area, and while the ballroom may not be exactly bold, gold, and behold like in the movie, it is still really magnificent. the Rose Gallery is also a really nice addition to the other dining rooms even though it wasn't featured in the movie.

Sky

Love the level of detail. They're known for atmosphere and they definitely delivered! I'll love the attractions, but simply walking around and lingering will be the real attraction.

-Sky

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Its going to look out of place with any fence they put there.

You don't see fences on the beach.
Most fences along the beach are for sand dune restoration/preservation. That kind of fence would have blended in more with the motif.

stock-photo-beach-sand-sea-grass-and-fences-landscape-55536118.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom