New Pavilion (Spain) at Epcot?

kwt10

Sounds interesting. I just wonder where they will put the new pavillion? I guess in the spot where the Coke outpost is now. But that is just a guess.

bearboysnc

Wow, this is exciting.

I wonder what kind of ride possibilities there are?

Sadly, everything I know about Spain, I learned from Don Quioxte and Small World.

WAIT, I do know they have some fabulous architecture, and Fine Art.

NOTE: never compare Mexico to Spain. They get VERY angry.

Sherm00

never thought of spain, I thought that would sink ito mexico, but now that I think of it, spain has a rich heritage and some really tasty food recipies, can't wait to see what they build I am really excited. hope they start putting things on the disney channel about updates and park updates again, they were fun back in the 80's

homer424

Cool! I hope this is true. My husband is from Spain...maybe this will save me a 8 hour flight to go see his relatives! ROFL :lol: (j/k of course...I think...hehe)

Donna

admats130

Ole!

Actually, my grandfather (Spanish family) has a picture in front of a sign at Epcot that says "Coming Soon: Spain". Excpet this picture was taken in about 1983 or so! I'll try to scan it sometime so y'all can see.

I'm just glad I won't have to go back to Spain to find real Austurian Cider.

Ole!

Alex

Jeff D

I remember the big sins at epcot with the countries that were coming. The only one I know they ever built was Morocco. Actually in my pictures somewhere I have photos of teh signs myself. Hmm, time to dig out the boxes.

JPVonDrake

Spain Construction?

On my last trip to EPCOT last week I did see this wall up. It is next to Germany before you get to the Outpost. I took a picture because I don't remember there ever being any building behind it to be refurbished. Could this be Spain??:D

Attachments

• spain1.jpg
    spain1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 463

PhantazMike

That wall is in preparation for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. They are putting up a large tent with a deck for wine tasting/eating with lots of tables. The wall also is used for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival when they construct the kid's area and playground. And, of course, the wall goes back up after each of the festivals so they can re-sod the ground.

Scar Junior

This is awesome news! Think this may be yet another one of the tie-ins with the conspiracy theory that Disney is looking at expanding in more Spanish speaking countries? I'm sure most people have heard this theory. Roughly is says that Disney is continuing trends it took on with the Chinese market (now at least one park will be built in china), that they may do something in South America some day... who knows maybe it's just a coincidence. All i know, is this is good news!!! :D

Poncho1973

This is completely weird... I haven't heard ANYTHING about this. I asked around a few minutes ago and no one seems to have heard of this going on. It will interesting to see what pans out.

WDWFanatic

I was right! I knew it was going to happen someday! I saw the comming soon sign when i was there for the pre opening testing. I'm really excited.

MrPromey

Originally posted by tenchu
Hmm, I'm surprised that its another european country.

Heard anything more?

Doesn't come as that big of a shock to me. All of the pavilions in World Showcase do or did have sponsors which were the countries themselves, large companies in the countries or a combination of both. New countries aren't just about Disney not wanting to put up the cash. The sponsors of the other pavilions had to pay to get their countries represented. If Disney started "giving away" space to new countries, I could see where that could cause problems... On the other hand, we have Israel which has wanted a permanent spot for a long time (anyone remember how their part of Millennium village compared to the rest?) and could easily come up with the money out of their tourism budget but globally, Israel is considered a controversial country. With all this in mind, it being another stable, well established european country seems obvious. Sure, there are others that would possibly be more interesting but I'm sure that it is all political on multiple levels... Still, you'd think we might get something from Australia one of these days. They have a unique combination of culture (as well as a market for tourists) and as far as I know are politically safe. Perhaps they just aren't interested...

GenerationX

Right you are, kwt10! Pamplona, Spain is the famous "Running with the Bulls" location. To fit in WDW, though, the attraction themed after this event will feature double strollers instead of bulls. :D

I'm a big fan of Spanish art, so if they could work in the art of El Greco, Velasquez, and/or Goya into a restaurant or attraction, I would be very happy. I once ordered a reprint of "Las Meninas" by Velasquez from the Prado in Madrid because I could not find it anywhere in the States.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom