New Patents that only this board could possibly figure out.

Chroniq

Original Poster
Found two new Disney Parks related patents recently that I haven't found posted anywhere else yet...

The first is for an Amusement Park Ride System (motion driven on a track) that can be positioned in 360 degrees. Both veritcally and horizontally..
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20120137920.pdf
The second is a projection system that appears to be able to project images in corellation with physical objects (the smiles on the faces of the Cars in the new ride?)
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20120154695.pdf

Anyways; If any forum can produce insight, insider knowledge, or speculation of how the patents might be used, it's you guys.

Thoughts?

Mike730

Wow thats an awesome find, but i have NO clue what these could refer to or what they're used for. :confused:

edit: What's the chance that projection one has anything to do with MMY? Or the new nighttime entertainment supposedly in development?

jt04

The OP must be mistaken as some of our self proclaimed experts here have declared WDI does not innovate anymore. And they certainly do not file patents.

That is unless the sheriff is restoring the greatness of WDI too. Is there anything the sheriff can't do?

ellie-badge

Wow, that's a really good find you've got there. I wouldn't have the slightest idea as to what that new ride system could point to... It doesn't look exactly like it'd be for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Perhaps something for the upcoming Avatar Land? o_O

The OP must be mistaken as some of our self proclaimed experts here have declared WDI does not innovate anymore. And they certainly do not file patents.

That is unless the sheriff is restoring the greatness of WDI too. Is there anything the sheriff can't do?
No one says that. they say that TDO wont spend the money for anything innovative

Gregoryp73

If it weren't for the fresh dates I would say that the first one looks similar to what they do for TSMM, and the second looks like the projection system they use for RSR at DLR. But the dates have me perplexed...

Uncle Lupe

That is an interesting way to assure vehicle motion when you want it. The gentlemen in the technical drawing do not look very sure about this system.

AEfx

Disney has always been great at filing patents.

It's getting those patents translated into excellent attractions that WDW has not done well at, for quite some time.

They have all the access to the tech, it's just that by the time it gets through all the budget cuts it often turns out to be far less than it could have been (Mission:Space a prime example, where the current attraction is what was originally envisioned as the pre-show, and not the attraction in and of itself).

RSD

(Mission:Space a prime example, where the current attraction is what was originally envisioned as the pre-show, and not the attraction in and of itself).

I have never heard this before. Sounds like an interesting story. Can you please expand upon that?

It's getting those patents translated into excellent attractions that WDW has not done well at, for quite some time.

They have all the access to the tech, it's just that by the time it gets through all the budget cuts it often turns out to be far less than it could have been (Mission:Space a prime example, where the current attraction is what was originally envisioned as the pre-show, and not the attraction in and of itself).
What was the original mission space attraction going to be then?

NiarrNDisney

I have never heard this before. Sounds like an interesting story. Can you please expand upon that?

Yes I 2nd this! I think I would like to hear a little more about this myself!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I think you must have gotten the wrong end of the stick, JT.

WDI is still very very innovative. Under all the paperwork.

It's those who call the shots who stifle the innovation and keep it locked in Glendale.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The second space
What was the original mission space attraction going to be then?
The third version of the space pavilion was to have the fuge as the preshow.

There were many versions of space. SPACE, Journeys in Space, Mission:Space. Omnimovers, Omnimax, simulators, reusing Horizons building and part of the track, walk throughs...

What was built was the lite, corporate/Eisner driven version. That was going to be so great it was to be cloned worldwide.

Poor Michael and Tom.

Hopefully I explained it properly here http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=283

jt04

No one says that. they say that TDO wont spend the money for anything innovative

Everyone knows that TDO does not call the shots anymore on such projects. That meme died out years ago.

Again, we now are in the post Eisner years where there has been a quiet revolution happening behind the scenes at TWDC. Live in the present man not the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom