New Parts For Potato Heads?

sum41914

Do you get the princess peices at the make your own or do you get a set my lil bro begs to differ cuz he herd it from his friend.:hammer:

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
So, I guess there is no way for you to show us your "wedding pics" of your potatoheads :(

If someone (hint hint) could give me brief directions on how to post both digital and scanned in pics, I would be more than happy to post them for all to see.

The wedding ones were shot in black and white.
The rest are in color.

:)

Thanks in advance:wave:

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Originally posted by sum41914
Do you get the princess peices at the make your own or do you get a set my lil bro begs to differ cuz he herd it from his friend.:hammer:

I believe they are from the make your own, but I could be wrong. I'm in the process of contacting Disney to find out more. I also know people who are down there now for a month and when they return (end of april) i should have a full story, and all the parts.

Pixmel

Mr. Potato Head Pieces

First of all, there are several places on WDW property to get the Potato Head pieces. HOWEVER, Once Upon A Toy at Downtown Disney is the only place where you can get ALL of the available pieces.

Bear with me as I am doing this all from memory, but the pieces available in the "build your own box" are....

Potato Head Pieces for the Standard Sized Heads:

Hats - Minnie hair bow, Goofy w/Goofy ears, Princess pointed hat, gold crown, orange "sailboat", baseball cap, Christmas Tree, top hat, fireman, black bowler, sun hat w/flower, Mad Hatter and raccoon-skin cap.

Hats w/Mickey ears - Mickey Mouse w/name, wedding w/veil, Santa, Sorcerer and AK Safari.

Hair - Black regular style and green crewcut.

Feet/Bottoms - Red high heels, red hiking boots, purple Bunny slippers, Tea cup ride bottom, Buzz Lightyear ride car bottom, Mickey yellow shoes, WDW sandals and glass slippers w/painted toenails.

Body Parts - 2 hands/arms, 3-4 eyes, 3-4 mouths, 2-3 noses, ears and black moustache.

Accessories - white bowtie w/shirt buttons, blue sunglasses, gas mask, autograph book w/pen, Disney name tag, Mickey ice cream bar, Rock N' Roller Coaster guitar, movie projector/camera, earrings, Buzz Lightyear "blaster", magic wand, Disney "teddy" Bear, red Mickey Mouse shaped sunglasses, Mickey Mouse clock, Disney park ticket, travel suitcase and Mickey Mouse shaped balloon.

Potato Head Pieces for the Mini Heads:

Hats - Cowboy, construction, sun/flower and ribboned style.

Feet - High heels, sneakers, cowboy boots and women's flat dress shoes.

Body Parts - 2-3 eyes w/noses attached, 2-3 mouths, and 1 style hands/arms

Some parts for the big heads will fit OK for the mini heads and look fine. The other parts will fit OK, but will make your head look like a "child playing dress up".

Right now, they are $16 a box.......as much as you can stuff in the box and still get it closed correctly. You can include a head in the box if you need one (remembering that it's hollow and you can fill it up inside with the little pieces).....or if you have a head already, you can just fill the box with parts (as all pieces fit the regular standard Mr. Potato Head). You can also mix and match the big parts with the little parts.

There are also 2 small boxed sets of parts.....sort of like specialty modules. One includes pieces for a cowboy and the other for a pirate.

Hopefully I didn't forget any pieces. I'll try to double check sometime this week. Keep in mind, too, that new pieces are added occasionally

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
You are THE BEST!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

If it is at all possible (i don't know if this is asking too much) but could you take a picture of the whole set up for us if and when you go back and post it?

One more question, are the parts for the little spuds and big potato heads in the same thing or are they seperate? And do they sell the little spuds there to put in that box?
They never did that before.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

:wave: :wave:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
If someone (hint hint) could give me brief directions on how to post both digital and scanned in pics, I would be more than happy to post them for all to see.

The wedding ones were shot in black and white.
The rest are in color.

:)

Thanks in advance:wave:

You could post them in your photoalbum!

You could be the Potatohead Princess of WDWMagic :lol:

(at the top of the screen, click "photoalbums" and start one!)

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster

Ok, I will give it a try! If you promise it's easy...

Yay! I have a name! I'm putting it in my sig!

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster

I hate to sound dense (or worse...blonde)
but i clicked on photoalbums at the top of the page and all i can do is look at other people's pictures. How do I get my own in there?
Thanks

Pixmel

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
One more question, are the parts for the little spuds and big potato heads in the same thing or are they seperate? And do they sell the little spuds there to put in that box?
They never did that before.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

:wave: :wave: [/B]

They're actually separated. When you walk into Once Upon A Toy, the first thing right by the door is the Potato Head parts. You have to actually walk around it to get to the rest of the store.

All of the big parts are together in an "island" of clear tubes. The big potato heads are located in bins underneath.

The little parts are found together in 2 little circular islands of bins to the left of the big parts. The mini Potato Heads are found on the bottom of these islands.

I posted a photo of the large island in my photo album. I found the picture at http:\\www.mouseplanet.com.

You can get to the photo at http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=9012&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Here is a letter I wrote to WDW, and their response. Not too helpful IMHO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dana,

We do not have itemized lists of merchandise and unfortunately, the
merchandise you have requested is not sold by mail order. This
merchandise is available only in person at the resort locations which
carry the item and cannot be ordered by phone or email. I am sorry we
were unable to assist you with this particular request.

Thank You,
Tina
Walt Disney World
Merchandise Guest Services

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Hello, This question is in reference to the make your own Mr. Potato
Head section in the Once Upon a Toy Store In Downtown Disney. I know
that you recently came out with new parts for the Potato Heads and as an
avid collector of both Disney merchandise and Potato Heads, I was
wondering if you could send me a complete list of all the parts
available in the Once Upon A Toy Store.
If it is not too much trouble, could you also give me a list of all the
stores on Disney property that sell these parts. I am aware that not
every store has all the parts, only the one in Downtown Disney.
Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
Dana

Pixmel

I'll see what I can find out. I know that some parts are available at Animal Kingdom in Dinoland, I think, and a guest said the other day that they got some at the new Pop Century resort.

I'll double check my list of parts this week to make sure I didn't forget one and see if I can find out where else they are available.

Pixmel

All Potato Head Parts/Kits at Once Upon A Toy

Ok....I double checked everything last night at Once Upon A Toy.

For the "Build Your Own Box", you can include the head if you need one (they are hollow, so fill it with all the little pieces) or just pack parts. You can include only big parts, only mini parts or mix the two. Basically, it includes as much as you can stuff in the box and still get it closed correctly.

NOTE: Don't be afraid to ask a Cast Member for help........most of them have gotten to be "expert packers" and can usually get even more into the box than you would expect. On average, with a head, you can usually get about 2-3 shoes and 2-3 hats with most of the smaller accessories into one box (depending on the style of shoes or hats).

Here is the list of all "Build Your Own Box" and extra kits for Mr. Potato Head.

Build Your Own Box - Regular Sized Mr. Potato Head - $16/box

Body Parts - 3 Noses (2 red/1 yellow), pink ears, 4 eyes, 2 arms (holds objects) and moustache.

Hats/Tops - Goofy hat w/Goofy ears, Mickey ears hat (with "Mr. Potato Head" on the back), Minnie hairbow, wedding hat/veil, Princess "cone" hat, gold crown, orange sailboat hat, lime green crewcut hair, lime green baseball cap, black hair, Sorcerer Mickey hat, Santa Mickey hat, Christmas tree top, top hat, Fireman hat, sun hat w/daisy flower that snaps on, Safari Mickey hat, skin cap and Mad Hatter hat.

Feet/Bottoms - Mickey yellow shoes, WDW sandals, glass slippers (painted toenails), Buzz Lightyear Spin Ride car, red hiking boots, purple bunny slippers, red high heels and Tea Cup Ride car.

Accessories - 2 earrings (red & yellow), Disney Bear, Magic Wand, Buzz Lightyear blaster, Mickey red balloon, Mickey clock/watch, Disney Park ticket, travel suitcase, Mickey shaped red glasses, bowtie w/shirt buttons, blue glasses, gas mask, Rock n' Roller Coaster guitar, Disney name tag, autograph book w/pen, Mickey shaped ice cream bar and projector/camera.

Build Your Own Box - Mini Sized Mr. Potato - $16/boxHead

Body Parts - 4 eyes w/nose attached and 1 style arm/hand (flat/cannot hold objects).

Hats/Tops - Ribbon hat, flowered hat, construction hat and Cowboy hat.

Feet/Bottoms - High heels, Cowboy boots, sneakers and little girl "dress" shoes.

Extra Kits or Modules

2 in 1 Sports Set - $8 - Includes a mini Mr. Potato Head and sports pieces for soccer and skateboarding.

2 in 1 Fire/Farm Vehicle - $12 - Includes a mini Mr. Potato Head with parts and a vehicle that can be converted from a fire vehicle to a tractor.

Pirates of the Caribbean Kit - $6 - Includes a pirate hat, earring, sword, eye patch, hook and peg leg/shoe feet (head not included).

Frontierland Cowboy Kit - $6 - Includes a cowboy hat, Sheriff badge, cowboy gun belt, lariat and cowboy boots (head not included).

Silly Suitcase - Disney Park $20 - Includes 26 parts w/the Disney Park theme (Mickey ears hat, etc.).

Silly Suitcase - Fireman/Construction Worker - $18 - Includes 28 parts with a Fireman or Construction Worker theme (hats, tools, etc.).

Fun Time Farmyard - $18 - Includes 20 parts for making Mr. or Mrs. Potato Heads, barnyard animals or silly "Vegetable Friends". Comes in a "barn" case.

COMING SOON!!!

There is supposed to be one of the yellow Disney rain ponchos available soon. Not sure whether it will be included in the "Build Your Own Box" parts or a separate module by itself. Also not sure yet when it will be in.

sum41914

I found some pics of the parts:

The Christmas Tree:
.Clickie

Some Misc. Parts (I Like the Suitcase):
Follow Me

The Wedding Peices, the park tix, and the cm badge:
Clickie

OMG OMG OMG The Buzz car and blaster so totally awsome!!!!!!!!!:
BUZZ (click)

The Magic Wands:
Magic Is here

And there is tuns more jus go to EBAY and shear Potato Head and click on the Collectibles link and youll get tons of the good PH stuff.Clickie

SewIn2Disney

Original Poster
Thanks for the links....only problem is with using ebay, those links will only be good for the next 90 days (when ebay will take the listing off.)

www.mrpotatohead.net is a good website. (But it doesn't have all the parts on it yet)

Ebay is actually how I aquired most of my collection.

For whoever requested, I have a few pictures in my photoalbum. (as much as my amt. of space will allow me) Give me another day and I'll put the wedding pic up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom