New Park???

SnowWhiteMomma

Original Poster
Ok, Ok, so I know deep in my heart this is most probably not true, BUT I have to ask to lay my mind to rest. I figured people here would for sure know.

So, my friend lives outside of Austin and we where talking about hotels that have been springing up near her in the middle of nowhere town. She says her HEARD Disney was building there.

Is it true????:shrug:

The Rockewho?

I've heard rumors of Disney building a park in Texas for years(they actually bought some property in Orange County near the LA border about 15 years ago), but of course, nothing ever came of them. The hotels in your friend's town could simply be springing up because the Hill Country is one of the most beautiful areas in the state, and a relaxing and cheap vacation spot.

However, if they were to build a park in Texas, one outside San Antonio would make more sense, since it's already a tourist destination(or at least more of one than Austin).

nolatron

I think Disney has been purchasing land in central Texas for years, but I believe it's more for investment purposes.

At most, I could see a resort/spa type place like the resort in Hawaii, but not another theme park.

devoy1701

Ok, Ok, so I know deep in my heart this is most probably not true, BUT I have to ask to lay my mind to rest. I figured people here would for sure know.

So, my friend lives outside of Austin and we where talking about hotels that have been springing up near her in the middle of nowhere town. She says her HEARD Disney was building there.

There is a new Formula-1 Track that is being built in a middle of nowhere town outside of Austin that will be completed within the next 18 months. That would bring many hotels to that town.

wbc

There is a new Formula-1 Track that is being built in a middle of nowhere town outside of Austin that will be completed within the next 18 months. That would bring many hotels to that town.

The United States Grand Prix will be near the new toll road/airport/Bastrop area.

kaos

A quick search will yield about 30 threads on the texas park rumor, all which will easily shed light on the Disney rumors you're hearing... I don't think Texas will see a Disney park until the seceed from the Union.:ROFLOL:

happymom52003

As many times as I've heard people say that Disney just bought a bunch of land somewhere in Texas, they should own most of the state by now! I'd love for the rumors to be true, but I've lived in Texas my entire life and have been hearing these rumors since I was a wee child.

Kamikaze

In reality, they won't vulture their visitors to the existing US resorts by building another one.

Once they've built up the existing properties to a point where the capacity is being hit more often, you will have a more likely chance of them building elsewhere.

Thats not to say that some of the land that TWDC company owns (and there is good amount of it all over the world) won't eventually contain a park. Just not this decade. And probably not the next one, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom