New Park Maps?

Cmdr_Crimson

Send it to Art of Animation resort. It would be in good company among all the other "giant objects" there, and would be a good central icon for the resort (since it's lacking one right now).

Like another Value "Needs" it...I Think they are having enough problems...
All%20Stars%20124.jpg

lazyboy97o

Oh sorry that link doesn't work, but this is the area between Fansasmic and the TOT...
BAH-TOT1.jpg

and this is the Hat and GMR photoshoped in at the same size and scale ...judge for yourself
BAH-TOT2.jpg
Just go see the show. The whole entry path from Sunset Blvd is uphill.

tl77

Problem with that...It would ruin the Morocco sightline from Epcot..
tumblr_m1rg1sK5gH1rsirpuo1_500.jpg

I say flat out destroy it...There is NO Reason to "Move it" anywhere else...Earful Tower Is-Was-and-Has been the Icon of DHS..
Yes, it really is that tall because it would be perched up on a hill. I made this years ago to show about how it would appear.
F-4.png

The Hollywood Tower itself would get a new menacing neighbor.
F-2.png

OK I finally figured out why you guys don't know what you're talking about...

TowerOfTerrorBP.jpg

You see the exit to Tower of Terror is at Ground Level, but the Entrances to both Tot and Fantasmic are at 15ft above Ground Level. So the "hill" is really only about 15ft high, and if they moved the 121ft Hat to this level, the Top of the Hat would be 136ft above ground, which is just about 2/3 the total height of ToT...

BAH-TOT3.jpg

and if they put the Hat on either of these 2 positions, from Epcot, even with a telephoto camera lens, it probably wouldn't be visible...

BAH-TOT5.jpg

MarFV

TowerOfTerrorBP.jpg

You see the exit to Tower of Terror is at Ground Level, but the Entrances to both Tot and Fantasmic are at 15ft above Ground Level. So the "hill" is really only about 15ft high, and if they moved the 121ft Hat to this level, the Top of the Hat would be 136ft above ground, which is just about 2/3 the total height of ToT...

BAH-TOT3.jpg

and if they put the Hat on either of these 2 positions, from Epcot, even with a telephoto camera lens, it probably wouldn't be visible...

BAH-TOT5.jpg
Love these! It's like I am looking at a book about the Kennedy assassination.

JohnD

TowerOfTerrorBP.jpg

BAH-TOT3.jpg

BAH-TOT5.jpg

You have WAY too much time on your hands.

Gregoryp73

I think some well placed tall giant palms behind morocco could block the hat tip if necessary, and still not detract from the view.

Although I just think that the hat should be recycled into pins and buttons. Own a piece of the hat!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
You have WAY too much time on your hands.
Personally, I am very thankful that he has that much time on his hands :)
That shows that it theoretically could be moved without impacting Epcot sight-lines.

I do however think we give them too much credit for caring about sight-lines, or anything, in Epcot right now.

Still, I've had my hopes up on this whole "BAH is going away" thing too many times. I still fear more for the Great Movie Ride than I do the BAH.

I won't believe it until I'm standing on Hollywood Boulevard with an unobstructed view of the Chinese Theater.

Seabasealpha1

Or just send the S.O.B. the way of the wand and get rid of it all together...or better yet...compromise! Weld a giant sorcerer's hat on top of the earful tower! BAM! Best of both worlds. Discussion over.

Cesar R M

TowerOfTerrorBP.jpg

BAH-TOT3.jpg

BAH-TOT5.jpg
exactly what I was thinking myself.

another thing is, they could put it just above the entrance to the animation studio.
right where the movie reel + mickey little ad is.

The Visionary Soul

Those are old. They aren't using the MM+ maps, and if the hat was gone the two little HM "eyes" would still be there. Looks like photoshop

EDIT: Also, the backlot tour wouldn't be in it
Don't be so dismissive to tell someone else that they are old. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. These maps have been living a double life continually, even after their retirement for the in-parks maps. Marketing insists on using these because in their words, "The new maps aren't for shiny, they're for navigation, which isn't what marketing needs."

Okay, so marketing never actually said those words. But I would feel confident that is exactly why they still have someone updating them and why they use them in these guides that they give out at hotels.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom