New park maps?

bayoutinkbelle

polarboi said:
No, it's "the Robinsons' home" because it is the home belonging to the Robinsons. There are more than one of them.

If it said "Mr. Robinson's home," that would be correct. But if it says "the Robinsons" then the apostrophe goes after the s: "the Robinsons' home."

Trust me. I'm an English geek.

-p.b.

P.S. On the other hand, if it were to say "The Swiss Family Robinson's home," then the apostrophe before the s would be correct. Why? Because we call them "The Swiss Family Robinson" without the s. But if we're going to refer to them as "The Robinsons" then the apostrophe needs to be after the s.

Bless you! Misuse of the apostrophe makes my head hurt. It's an editor thing. :D

sillyspook13

As a cast member who regularly works the Animal Kingdom tip board, I can easily say that my favorite part of the guidemap redesign is that the restaurants and shops are listed on the same side as the map. It saves the guests a lot of frustration when they're looking for "letter B".:brick:

Punkss

I agree with the restaurants being on the same side, caused a little confusion when trying work out what was going on there. Lots of tourist style map thrashing, though of course we WERE tourists so its allowed!

Seems like a good idea to me, it is a shame the bigger maps have gone but its better for the environment, less wastage and content over style.

pinkrose

goofntink said:
Animal Kingdom Already had them for Everest Grand opening, Magic Kingdom got them today. They are folded 5 times across, and don't fold up and down anymore. Miss the old book style maps from the 80's:cry: Since I'm still here at the park,I go back in and get one, and I'll try and scan it when I get home later, if somebody doesn't beat me to it.:)
We got them at all of the parks this past weekend. I thought they seemed different. :lol:

kcnole

"Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: Interactive Ride"

Could we get any more ambiguous?

Well to be fair there is more of a description than just that for Buzz. It says Interactive Ride inspired by Disney's presentation of Pixar's Toy Story II.

However I do agree that many of the descriptions are ridiculous.

Outdoor flying ride
drive a racecar
Silly Safari Boat Tour.

Punkss

"Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin: Interactive Ride"

Could we get any more ambiguous?

These are not descriptions written for visitors like you and I, they are for first timers. Lets face if we wrote that guide it would be an 8 sided 8 folds bit of paper.

tink rules

I think that they should put the park maps on the back of t-shirts so all we have to do is stare at the person in front of us and see where we're going... Unless we just follow them... and they follow the guy in front... and we all end up at IASM with the first guy.....

JEDIsney

StitchIsKing said:
I have the Animal Kingdom map but my scanner cord is missing so all I have are blurry digital shots. I'll try to take better ones when my camera is charged.

Left Half Right Half

Thanks for the pictures of the map. Better descriptions than the Magic Kingdom maps, but still not like the original ones.

I guess the descriptions are longer and better because the Animal Kingdom maps doesn't take up as much room as the Magic Kingdom's map?

SewIn2Disney

animay said:
Adventureland has the best ones.

Tiki Room: Sing-song Audio Animatronics show
Jungle Cruise: Silly safari boat tour
Pirates of the Caribbean: Scurvy indoor boat ride :lol:

So does pirates actually cause scurvy now or what?
OMG....I thought you were making up redicioulus (sp?) captions for the rides....then I went back and checked and they were real!!!

It's almost like they are "dumbing down" their own park.

I mean come on, Snow White "ride inside through the dark" is that even gramatically correct?

Grrrr.....

ToTBellHop

SewIn2Disney said:
OMG....I thought you were making up redicioulus (sp?) captions for the rides....then I went back and checked and they were real!!!

It's almost like they are "dumbing down" their own park.

I mean come on, Snow White "ride inside through the dark" is that even gramatically correct?

Grrrr.....
inside ride through the dark would make more sense. Still, I would argue people don't really need the descriptions anyway, and the MK is the only park this will end up like this, most likely--the other parks don't have nearly as many attractions and can have more in depth descriptions. The only thing at the MK that is really new enough for people to not know what it is would be Stitch...and even after seeing that show I don't know what went on, so I don't think a description would help.

dxwwf3

ISTCNavigator57 said:
The only think at the MK that is really new enough for people to not know what it is would be Stitch...and even after seeing that show I don't know what went on, so I don't think a description would help.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dxwwf3

That is hillarious peter. I'm surprised I missed that one.

I can see a thread in the future where we can make funny descriptions for various attractions.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom