New Park in WDW

Keysmickey

Me too, me too!

An ancient world history park would be awesome (done Disney-right, of course). It would have so much to choose from & be educational (semi-educational) to boot. Ancient Greece, the Romans, the Mayans, oh the possibilities are endless! Just pie in the sky, I suppose, but hey...We can dream!
:slurp:

Nineinchnailsmk

I personally am a huge rollercoaster fan and would like to see one or two amazing rollercoasters. Not an entire park of them. Actually, i really dont know what id like to see! Disney Sea would be AWESOME! Definatly a history park would be cool!!!

I would love to walk through Atlantis, or even a Mayan Ruin, and some Ancient Pyramids. Something maybe even based on the 7 wonders of the world. They could have Colossus as the main entrance or the icon of the park, maybe even the Great Lighthouse (ala cinderella's castle, or spaceship earth). And then you could have the Great Wall of China Surrounding the Park (yea, its not an ancient wonder, but its a wonder!). Then have something like a ride centered around the Statue of Zeus and the Artemis temple. The entire park could also have the lush Hanging Gardens of Babylon, and then have the Mausoleum as a ride also. Wait a minute, ill open a park like that cause its doubtful disney will! And if they do I WANT SOME SORT OF ROYALTIES OR CREDIT LOL LOL :king: The park will be called: WONDERS! Shoot, why not throw all of the wonders of the "forgotten" and modern worlds! Not to mention the natural wonders!!!!! lol :)

THIS IS ALL A COPYRIGHT! LOL If you want my idea call me Mr. Eisner!

Just Kidding folks!!! :)

Also, a Myst type park would be AMAZING, but it would kind of ruin the surprise if you had 15 people walking from station to station without you getting a chance to "play." Maybe if they did a ride like that where they let people in a few at a time and send them in different directions. I dunno! Im not an imagineer yet! :fork:

Sorry about the rambling there for a sec.

Doesnt DisneyWorld have some ungodly amount of land in which theyre only using something like 20% of? Please fill me in, cause i think im way off on that figure!

P.S. Do execs read this forum?! lol lol :hammer:

Terp02

Hey Nineinchnailsmk, I came up with the idea for the ancient worlds park, so I'd be getting the royalties. :D

Just kidding, if anything we'd be partners and split it 50/50, or 60/40 my way:D .

I think that if they do this, they should go into cooperation with Sid Meier and call the land "Civilization". That series is so damn good.

BSikor

Park Idea

New to the group! Hello All!

I have heard both concept ideas for the 5th park. The Villans Coaster park has been the one most talked about. Only recently have I heard a great deal of talk behind the Disney Seas concept.

Chad

I said lord of the rings TYPE park..not a 'Lord of the Rings Park..' I shouldn't have even mentioned the movie..It would just have species that are similar to it, but that are also found in many other fantasy books. It would be like Disney Seas, only instead of an 'Ocean' feel, it would have a 'Celtic' feel

gcurling

My take has been for some time that Disney's next Central Florida park will focus most of its appeal on the market segment that they seem to be losing (or have always had the most trouble reaching). That's the 9-17 year old age group.

While there are plenty of Disney fans in this segment (I'm sure there are plenty on this board) it's no secret that, when polled, these kids prefer the wilder offerings of some other parks.

Some argue that Disney would not want to seperate families and needs to continue building attractions that everyone can enjoy together. But, since that need is currently filled quite nicely with the existing 4 parks, it might not be that be a gamble for WDW to build a park heavily geared toward thrills. It seems to be working out nicely over at IOA. And, heck, IOA's primary business plan is part destination resort and part WDW guest syphon. No doubt WDW would like to "steal" that IOA day from their guests itinerary.

Terp, your theme concept is quite interesting - it sounds like an expansion of the Lost Continent at IOA. I'd love to see something like that. It would have to be as detailed and immersive as TDS. What a concept that would be.

Nineinchnailsmk

Terp02

LOL sure, 60/40 sounds good, itll let me buy my engagement ring for my girlfriend! LOL I do love Civilization! Im working on 3 right now! lol I do think however that whatever Disney will come up with will be great. Theyve done a wonderful job (except the new JIYI, that one kinda had a short life. The visuals were cool, especially the room with the "stars"-the connect the dots thingy- not to mention i love Eric Idle! Monty python IS AWESOME!) I hope they dont go the route of universal for one reason, Disney is Disney, it is not about action and adventure. I mean, some of it is, but not to the extent that Universal is. Like i said before, maybe one or two AMAZING rollercoasters, but not an entire park. But hey, ill be happy to see whatever they come up with!!!!!!

:lookaroun

Mr. Toad

The only reason I would like to see Disney build a park of thrill rides is so that it can lessen the crowds at the other parks so I have shorter lines to wait in :animwink: .

Personally, I would like to see them do a Villians land at MK even if its major attraction was a roller coaster of some sort.

Pioneer Hall

I only want the villian land in the Kingdom. I wouldn't want it to be a totally new theme park. I think that the new park will be Disney Seas, only because it is doing so well.

CoP

I hope Disney builds up their parks before they creat a new one.

MGM can grow by 1/3
AK needs Beast Kingdom and Australia plus lots of ETICKET tides.

Put money in parks that allready there.

ToTBellHop

Yes, Animal Kingdom needs several E-Rides, and every other park could use one more major e-ride and a couple smaller rides in addition to those projects already green-lighted and/or underway.

Davis224

They don't need to build a thrill park just for one audience. The whole purpose of Disneyland/world is to bring kids and adults together.
But I agree the best thing to do would be something about the villains. They make great Disney things fantastic. . .
Like Fantasmic, without the villains sequence it wouldn't be nearly as awesome

renthead7

i would love to see the disney villians get a park for themselves...it's about time they've gotten some respect...where would any good disney movie be without them?!

brer big bear

Account Suspended
heres and idea

why not have a disney sea and a villian park. the sea will have to do with the villian from little mermaid. the you wrap it in with all the villians. also the villian from little mermaid have a water ride in a scary dark tunnel. have a dueling coaster with the villian from hecurles. these are some ideas have any please share. no wait how about that new flying coaster features jafar and aladin. the flying coaster is where you lay on your stomach and do a 360.:hammer:

SJTSmith

Original Poster
I would love to see Disney build out the parks. It would be nice to see Animal Kingdom built out. I also would love to see a Villians theme in one of the parks.

Legacy

Personally, I love both the Ancient Wonders and Villian themes. I think the Ancient Wonders thing may almost be horning on Busch Gardens territority to a minor extent though.

Anyway, I have a couple of ideas that would fit both parks, and be quite lucrative in the process (I want royalties on these too).

Ancient Theme:

Triple Dueling Coaster- Maya, Aztec and Inca... not neccisarily a big coaster, just exciting that would pull people away from Dueling Dragons
A Hercules Dark Ride, or show. The movie is so campy, either is possible.
Great possibities with the Emperers New Groove.
Atlantis for sure, but Sea World might have a problem with that.

Villians Theme:
Escape from Bald Mountain- Think Journey to Atlantis, only themed to Fantasia's Bald mountain scene
Wraith of Jafar- I'm sorry, I just see a stand-up coaster on this one. Plus, it would be the only one in FL.
You know a Ursella-themed Dumbo will happen (unfortunately)
The center piece needs to be Maleficent's Castle, a hideous take off sleeping beauty, complete with dark ride.

I would much rather see one of these two rather than Seas or FA. Disney is doubling up too much on its parks as is. NO MORE!

WigglyWiggins

i heard a rumor a while back that if they built a villian themed park it would be a kind of dark reflection of magic kingdom, i personally though would prefer just a villian land...how cool would this be, bulid a new smaller castle the behind cinderellas castle and have the villian land as a reflection of fantsy land.
I would love to see a new park based on the seven wonders of the world...seven lands...each with an e-ticket....intricatley themed...how amazing would that be...

tinkrbel

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Now take what I am about to say as RUMOR MAJOR RUMOR.... I spoke with a CM, and we spoke some about Beastly Kingdom etc, then they mentioned a villian based kingdom. They mentioned land had already been cleared away, and plumbing had been laid. Though the project had currently stopped. But like they said take it as rumor also Disney could change their mind and make it a Resort instead. RUMOR AGAIN RUMOR

We had a CM tell us this too a couple of years ago .. if I remember right it would be mostly a coaster / thrill ride type of park too

bvolguards

I think any new park (disney sea, beastly kingdom or a villians park ) would be great.......Disney should also consider adding a new country to the world showcase (maybe australia or russia would be cool)

DisneyKrazed

Epcot should add more attractions to the world showcase. EX. Fuji Mountain for Japan (revise the plans so it will get sponsership).

MGM should get some smaller rides around the park and a E ride attraction in the New York sector of the Park.

Magic Kindom should get the villan themed land with the mirror fantasy land.

AK should get BK

One thing I should add. What major rides at IOA avoids family atmospher except Hulk and DD? I mean all the rest of the rides are quite good and all the members of my family go one them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom