New park ideas

WDWLover#1

Original Poster
I would love to know what anyone thinks about a new park coming to wdw. Is four enough? Disney certainley has a lot of room left, that probably 3 more parks could fit. But what would it be?
I would personally love to see a disney sea park. Like the one from tokyo. It would be so cool to have parades on the water like from tokyo and would feature new and cool rides with a sea theme-could we possibly get a submarine voyage here in orlando. That would be great. :)
Has anyone else got any ideas?:lookaroun

bubbles1812

Whatever they did do, I think I'd like at least a portion of it to be geared a bit more towards the older crowd...ie rides along the lines of TOT, RRC, Everest, ect. I think that that's one area Disney lacks. Yes, I know they are family parks and that is just fine, but they could use some more E ticket rides to make the whole place more appealing to families with older children. I'm not saying all of it would need to be geared to the +40/44 inches crowd, just some of it.

And I'd agree that DisneySea seems like it would be a natural extension of AK...though I'm not even opposed to Avatarland like many seem to be. I think the movie had potential to generate really cool rides. Though I do think Disney probably should have chosen a stronger brand. But that's for another thread... Anyways, I'm not sure what other themes they could do besides DisneySea...if they ever do get back the rights to Marvel's characters to appear in theme parks, I could see them making a Super Hero Land though not necessarily a whole park. Though I know that seems to be another property most here would dislike...and again, I wouldn't be opposed to it if it was done right. You have to use the brands that make you money and Marvel certainly seems like it will for Disney for the forseeable future.

epcotisbest

Yeah, I could do without Avatarland, but do think DisneySea could stand on its own. Of course this opinion is coming from a Seaworld annual passholder.

Jakester

I think they need to worry about fixing DHS and AK before a 5th park could come.

But if a 5th park where to come, Id like to see something brand new, not found anywhere else.

ECU_PIRATE

I strongly agree with bubbles, add more rides geared towards older crowds. I am not saying turn in to a six flags type park but I think the imagineers have shown that a thrill ride can be created and still be unmistakably Disney themed.

Also with the problems and deterioration of attractions around WDW I don't think a new park is the solution. Having more attractions to maintain would probably just lead to more breakdowns and longer wait times for refurbs.

However, once the issues are addressed in the current parks I would love to see a new and completely original park be built.

bamillerpa

I would love a villians park but I really think a sea park would be the best option. It would be something completely different and would help them compete with SeaWorld and keep more people on property. I know that I take the last day of my Disney vacation and go to SeaWorld but if Disney had something similar I would just stay on property the extra day.

menamechris

When and if a 5th gate ever comes....Villians park, please. I have always loved the idea. There would be something magical on its own about a park with the icon being Maleficent's Castle. I think they have hit upon every other type of theme park. They could create something new and exciting with a dark, sinister thrill park....but still Disney-fied. I think Disney could do very well with a park targeting a 10+ audience.

Jedeye80

A villains park please, not totally aimed at the older visitors but enough so that it stands out compared to the other Disney parks. Just put more rides like ToT, RnRC and maybe even something like duelling dragons with a few rides for the little ones. Then, come Halloween give uni some real competition.

Tom Morrow

A 5th park would be completely pointless under the current circumstances. I would so much rather see them expand DHS and DAK into experiences worthy of a one day, one park ticket. You can say they are, but only if you really take your time, its really busy, and you force yourself to see every show - and some of those shows are only mediocre and sitting through numerous shows is not everyone's cup of tea as to what they want out of a theme park.

If they were to build a 5th gate anyway, I don't know what I would want, but I've never been a fan of the villains idea. Too specific, and they'd have to really stretch in the storytelling as to why all these villains are in one place, their purpose, and why you are voluntarily entering their lairs.

Redsky89

I agree with the post about DisneySea it sounds like a amazing idea. Actually never heard of it till now. I think it could be a good stand alone park. Avatarland is gonna unfortunately be used in Animal Kingdom instead of the sea idea which makes no sense to me. But with Disney's creativity a DisneySea would be something amazing. A villains park is a interesting concept but to me it goes against Disney's family friendly feel. Something devoted to such dark characters ( and Disney villains are pretty dark! ) would feel out of place to me.

Beholder

I've always liked the idea of a theme park with a dark fantasy setting. A little more intense, more sinister. Things based on the "original" source material of fables and perhaps modern works from Robert Jordan, Robin Hobb, Martin, T. Brooks to just name a few.

On a similar note, I would love to see something based on world mythology/folk traditions. Greek, Norse, Native American, it's endless. Handled with respect and dignity, I think it could be pretty amazing (with the right budget).

I've always thought AK was missing a huge opportunity by not having marine dinosaurs represented in the form of a major attraction. A journey through time and under the prehistoric oceans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom