New park ideas

Thrill

A 5th park would be completely pointless under the current circumstances. I would so much rather see them expand DHS and DAK into experiences worthy of a one day, one park ticket. You can say they are, but only if you really take your time, its really busy, and you force yourself to see every show - and some of those shows are only mediocre and sitting through numerous shows is not everyone's cup of tea as to what they want out of a theme park.

If they were to build a 5th gate anyway, I don't know what I would want, but I've never been a fan of the villains idea. Too specific, and they'd have to really stretch in the storytelling as to why all these villains are in one place, their purpose, and why you are voluntarily entering their lairs.

This.
Everyone (both Disney and us) would be better off if the existing parks were improved. If Disney built a new park, they would need to spend at least a couple of billion to get people in the gate. Anything less, and they will have an empty park. They would also need to work to minimize cannibalization of the existing parks (namely Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios), which probably means expansions at the other parks as well, running probably a few hundred million dollars. All this so that Disney has to keep up with the maintenance of 5 parks, when they seem to have difficulty running 4. Then there's the issue of land, which, believe it or not, is actually starting to run out.

I'd rather see Disney spend the billions it would cost to build a new park on improving the ones we have. More parks isn't better. Disneyland has half the parks of WDW and yet I prefer Disneyland. Part of that is that DL's two parks are filled with great attractions. The rest of it is the convenience. Everything on property is accessible on foot. No waiting for a bus to park hop. No taking a tram to the car to drive to another parking lot to take another tram to a monorail to the park. You just walk a few yards, and you're done. It's too late to solve this at WDW, but adding a fifth park spreads things out more, and I don't like that.

As for DisneySea, as much as the park looks amazing, I am pretty sure that anything original in that park is exclusive to Tokyo by contract.

2bornot2be

I believe Avatarland is the closest you are going to get to a fifth gate. If the rumors are true Avatar 2 will be more of a underwater type movie so you might get the sea park (?? Kind of ??)
A Fifth gate sounds great but Disney knows they have a lot of work in AK, HS, and EPCOT.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yeah I agree. I think a 5th park wouldn't really work right now because 3 out of the 4 parks are in need of some tlc.

But down the road though, I always envisioned the 5th park based on the 7 Wonders of the World. I would call the park Wonderland.

Based on a CNN poll, the natural wonders include the Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Mt. Everest, the Aurora Lights, Paricutin Volcano, and Victoria Falls. But a lot of those could be up for debate, since there are several catagories of wonders in the world. And since Disney already has Everest, they can swap that wonder with the Egyptian Pyramids or something, because I believe that is also considered a wonder of the world.

I always liked that idea and I think some pretty cool attractions can come out of that. A Volcano ride like Fire Mountain, a river rapid ride through the Grand Canyon, a northern lights nightime show, and so many more options to choose from, but I think that would be way down the road. Hopefully technology will evolve enough so that we can get some amazing experiences out of that park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom