News New Park Hours...

ImperfectPixie

I would think only specialty items, beef, and pork will be problematic for supply chain acquisition.
We're in the northeast, and supply chain issues have been very strange...TP is still an issue (of course), but other than that, it's meats in a rotation - one week, chicken is hard to get, then it's beef, and so on. Cleaning products are the same as meats...on a rotation (but good luck finding anything antibacterial at all). Pasta is another one. Ice cream - even Mickey Bars - hasn't been a problem at all, nor have most snack foods.

The reduction in park hours and no park hopping is what broke it for us. We like taking advantage of later hours at amusement parks. Even if there are no EMH, we would still would enjoy the added time of 7:00 to 9:00 at MK. We were supposed to go in September and are moving it (again) to November. We fully expect to have to move it again after that as well.

Ravenclaw78

We're in the northeast, and supply chain issues have been very strange...TP is still an issue (of course), but other than that, it's meats in a rotation - one week, chicken is hard to get, then it's beef, and so on. Cleaning products are the same as meats...on a rotation (but good luck finding anything antibacterial at all). Pasta is another one. Ice cream - even Mickey Bars - hasn't been a problem at all, nor have most snack foods.
Supply chain isn't the issue for "walking food", it's whether Disney is willing to sell someone an excuse to walk around the park with their mask down outside of designated areas. People on these boards have outright said they'd buy a popcorn to carry around for the purpose of mask non-compliance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Supply chain isn't the issue for "walking food", it's whether Disney is willing to sell someone an excuse to walk around the park with their mask down outside of designated areas. People on these boards have outright said they'd buy a popcorn to carry around for the purpose of mask non-compliance.
I would think think in areas where walking space is already tight carts won’t be open. In places where there’s room for people to sit down or spread out some it should be ok.

ImperfectPixie

I realize that is a big question, but please see the comment I was responding to.

disneygeek90

Yes, they do. And they might be in the parks as well. I'm not even completely sure whether that's the wrong answer, either.
I got a beer at Springs last week and walked around taking my mask off between sips. Only took my mask off for an extended period of time when I was sat at a table with it. I can see many not doing this but there were others around walking with a drink in hand with their mask still on.

nickys

Premium Member
With that said, only resort guests will get to see MK past sunset. Once per week. That’s kinda sad. Same for a nighttime ride on ToT--one night per week, only for resort guests.

Is this going to be some kind of special,EMH? With separate booking or for those with reservations for those parks on that day?

Kman101

I agree! I think it’s crazy to open Epcot during the height of the day when it’s the hottest. And then to close hours before sun goes down.

personally to everyone I recommend visiting tourist recreations in small towns or islands that are going to have a harder time surviving this pandemic than Disney. Disney fix can wait! I personally recommend Ocracoke island in North Carolina

I've been saying this on other social media. Stay in your state and do a staycation. Boost your state's economy. Disney will be there next year. I know it sucks to wait and folks want their happy place but 2020 is a wash in terms of traveling, unless it's a road trip, IMHO.

But if folks are willing to put up with the heat, the restrictions, the masks, not getting the 'full experience' then by all means, come on down, LOL

davis_unoxx

I've been saying this on other social media. Stay in your state and do a staycation. Boost your state's economy. Disney will be there next year. I know it sucks to wait and folks want their happy place but 2020 is a wash in terms of traveling, unless it's a road trip, IMHO.

But if folks are willing to put up with the heat, the restrictions, the masks, not getting the 'full experience' then by all means, come on down, LOL
I’m glad you agree! I just don’t see how in heck it’s worth it to go there right now.

Kman101

I’m glad you agree! I just don’t see how in heck it’s worth it to go there right now.

It's not. If I didn't live an hour and a half away here in Florida, I'd not be going this year and it would suck but it's just not the time. Of course I'm crazy so I'd go anyway but it costs a lot of money and for that once in a lifetime trip or that once a year trip for those who want the 'full experience' pre-covid ... now isn't the time. It's hard to hear but it's what needs to be said.

Yellow Shoes

I'm always a bit surprised just how many people rely on Disney Transportation when they go to WDW.

We've always rented a car, and driving to and between the parks/hotels is kind of an integral part of the experience. I couldnt imagine having to use the buses for the whole trip.

I bet we see rental ratios increase quite a bit.
We will be attending with my 81-year old father who needs an ECV. I refuse to try to dismantle that every time we need to go from Point A to Point B.
WDW Transportation is the only way we can manage it.

Be grateful for your healthy bodies....

UNCgolf

I'm always a bit surprised just how many people rely on Disney Transportation when they go to WDW.

We've always rented a car, and driving to and between the parks/hotels is kind of an integral part of the experience. I couldnt imagine having to use the buses for the whole trip.

I bet we see rental ratios increase quite a bit.

I doubt it -- I drive to Disney when I go and mostly just leave my car parked at the hotel. I do use it to do stuff like go to Animal Kingdom Lodge for Boma breakfast, or to go off property if we need to, but for actual parks transportation (or to Disney Springs) I think the Disney services are far more convenient than driving yourself.

If the buses are really backed up for some reason we might use an Uber/Lyft, but that's pretty unusual.

The real question will be—how many rides can you get on in 10 hours? What if lines are similar to mid-September?

With that said, only resort guests will get to see MK past sunset. Once per week. That’s kinda sad. Same for a nighttime ride on ToT--one night per week, only for resort guests.
Why do you say resort guests will get to see sunset in MK once or week?

stratman50th

I doubt it -- I drive to Disney when I go and mostly just leave my car parked at the hotel. I do use it to do stuff like go to Animal Kingdom Lodge for Boma breakfast, or to go off property if we need to, but for actual parks transportation (or to Disney Springs) I think the Disney services are far more convenient than driving yourself.

If the buses are really backed up for some reason we might use an Uber/Lyft, but that's pretty unusual.
We used to drive every year, sometimes multiple times from Maryland starting in 89 through 2012. We live 30 minutes away now but that's not to your point. We parked the car and used Disney transportation for everything. Always worked for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom