News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

JohnD

I was kinda hoping that this thread would be like the BAH thread, where we would see daily destruction/dismantling photos.

Except there would need to be photos of picture removal / reinstallation too. Once it’s clear photos are gone from each monolith, hack away.

mlayton144

Except there would need to be photos of picture removal / reinstallation too. Once it’s clear photos are gone from each monolith, hack away.

Why can’t they just smash these things with a wrecking ball? If not , TNT? Seriously though , do they really need to remove the pictures before pulverizing the monoliths , since they aren’t saving the photo plaques anyway ?

lazyboy97o

Why can’t they just smash these things with a wrecking ball? If not , TNT? Seriously though , do they really need to remove the pictures before pulverizing the monoliths , since they aren’t saving the photo plaques anyway ?
Wrecking balls really aren’t used anymore and wouldn’t be used for such small structures.

Blasting is also inappropriate for the scale and context.

They need to be disassembled if Disney wishes to recycle components instead of just tossing everything into a landfill.

JohnD

It’s called sensitivity.

JohnD

You're aware this is not an actual cemetery, right?

I’m very aware. But as others have already indicated they have family members or themselves on those stones. I want the monoliths gone just like everyone else. But come on, people went to the trouble to pay to have their photos placed there. You don’t just pulverize through them just because duplicates are placed elsewhere. Have a little respect.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It’s called sensitivity.

Correct, like the sensativty they showed towards the commemorative brick at MK. ;)

Timothy_Q

I’m very aware. But as others have already indicated they have family members or themselves on those stones. I want the monoliths gone just like everyone else. But come on, people went to the trouble to pay to have their photos placed there. You don’t just pulverize through them just because duplicates are placed elsewhere. Have a little respect.
This is funny content right here

mlayton144

What difference does it make? The pavers are being torn up and will probably be re-cycled. Even if the plaques were removed carefully they will still get discarded.

Yes discarded = thrown in the trash , I suppose that’s dignified. I get the point and the emotions , but this sentiment really smacks of entitlement. Many folks got 10+ years out of your purchase , plus additional future years in some other place. Do we really need to treat this as a graveyard ? It’s not like you are going to watch it happen

nickys

Premium Member
Yes discarded = thrown in the trash , I suppose that’s dignified. I get the point and the emotions , but this sentiment really smacks of entitlement. Many folks got 10+ years out of your purchase , plus additional future years in some other place. Do we really need to treat this as a graveyard ? It’s not like you are going to watch it happen

So you “get” the emotions but think the sentiment smacks of entitlement? Nice.

Look, I’m glad they’re going, but I don’t think there’s any need to ride rough-shod over people’s feelings about it. They will be dismantled behind a wall, for good reasons - health and safety ones.

Timothy_Q

You all should “listen” to yourselves. I’m simply suggesting removing the photos first before destroying the monoliths but you’re okay with literally smashing peoples’ faces in. Disgusting.
The photos will be destroyed / recycled / melted after being removed from the monoliths either way.

Is that disgusting too? You want them to do a memorial service for the photos?

JohnD

The photos will be destroyed / recycled / melted after being removed from the monoliths either way.

Is that disgusting too? You want them to do a memorial service for the photos?

“After being removed.” Bingo. Which was my point all along.

I never said they wouldn’t be destroyed. I’m just saying think about how it’s being done. But go ahead advocate smashing people’s faces in to destroy the monoliths if that’s what you want. That’s on you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
“After being removed.” Bingo. Which was my point all along.

I never said they wouldn’t be destroyed. I’m just saying think about how it’s being done. But go ahead advocate smashing people’s faces in to destroy the monoliths if that’s what you want. That’s on you.

No one's faces are being smashed in. Plaques with pictures of people on them are being discarded because they are no longer needed. No care is being taken to remove the brick at MK, not sure why you think care would be taken to remove the plaques.

JohnD

No one's faces are being smashed in. Plaques with pictures of people on them are being discarded because they are no longer needed. No care is being taken to remove the brick at MK, not sure why you think care would be taken to remove the plaques.

Then why the argument? That’s what I said a few posts back. You’re reading more into what I wrote. I simply said remove the photos first. I said nothing about “care.” They cannot be discarded unless removed first. Ie being sensitive to those who have a photo. Otherwise if not removed first then the photos are smashed in on-site.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Then why the argument? That’s what I said a few posts back. You’re reading more into what I wrote. I simply said remove the photos first. I said nothing about “care.” They cannot be discarded unless removed first. Ie being sensitive to those who have a photo. Otherwise if not removed first then the photos are smashed in on-site.
The photos are most likely being removed to protect the monoliths. It has nothing to do with being sensitive. Care will likely not be taken to avoid smashing the photos because metal is so easy to recycle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom