News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

dreday3

And how it will it look when your upclose in the plaza...
the-fountain-hugh-jackman.gif

We're all going to get sun-burn on our faces! :D

Dreamer76

I will too! I agree. The design of the entry plaza is all about symmetry. It truly is a wonder why they would leave those horrendous unmangaged trees. Let's get those palm trees back!!!
So it appears there's some movement on those horrendous trees. It looks like they took down the left one on the right side (that's the side with the two trees. So the left one seems to be gone. I need someone to confirm but here's a picture of a video clip I took from 4K WDW on Youtube. First picture is from July 27th. And the next picture is from a clip on Aug 12th. They are both circled in blue. Can someone confirm this? Maybe this is the beginning of something exciting. Fingers crossed. Palm Trees please!!!
tempImageA2YuET.jpg
tempImagewuZc72.jpg

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I think that's how the one on the left looks, so if one is gone, I think it would be the one on the far right, which may simply be cropped out in the second picture. I found a photo from the 11th where both are still there, so if one was removed between then and this video, it would have literally been the night before.

Dreamer76

I think that's how the one on the left looks, so if one is gone, I think it would be the one on the far right, which may simply be cropped out in the second picture. I found a photo from the 11th where both are still there, so if one was removed between then and this video, it would have literally been the night before.
So here's a screen shot of a live stream tonight. It look like the tree is gone. It would have been on the left. They must have removed it overnight. Hopefully this is a good sign. We shall see.
tempImageTsPvPd.jpg

James Alucobond

I did go check a separate stream on YouTube (thanks, you made me hate myself; deleted it from my history immediately 😆), and one does seem to be gone, though it's always harder to tell at night.

Dreamer76

Definitely removed one of the western trees - it's been dying/dead looking for a few months now so it took them long enough to get to it. Wish they would have finished the job while they were at it and removed the other two.

But, yes, bring back the palm trees!
Great! Thanks for confirming. Hopefully they will go a little further and take the other two down. Fingers crossed

Splashin' Ryan

Something tells me the one on the left was removed to let them see testing of the lights easier or to make the promotional videos they will undoubtedly shoot there look better.

Goofyernmost

Great! Thanks for confirming. Hopefully they will go a little further and take the other two down. Fingers crossed
I truly doubt that will happen. They designed it that way for a reason and probably not because they didn't like palm trees. We'll see, I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

James Alucobond

I truly doubt that will happen. They designed it that way for a reason and probably not because they didn't like palm trees. We'll see, I guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
They designed it that way to frame a completely different iteration of the entrance plaza. With everything else changed (including the rest of the landscaping), there's no reason why we couldn't see this changed as well. Not saying it will be, just that the reasons they had for selecting these trees were likely swept away with the Leave a Legacy monument rubble.

mightynine

Zack Attack from beyond the cosmos said:
We are exploring visual poetry that respects the lighting legacy of this grand icon while bringing rich new depth and motion to life - all inspired by colors and textures that evoke stardust and the mystery and wonder of our universe.

Can't wait for the after hours party where they cue up some Pink Floyd - wacky tabacky optional!

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

(NOTE: Simpsons GIF used to make post more timeless and more Disney+)

All jokes aside, I'm really hoping this looks ok in-person.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom