New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

mguimond1990

I dont know how true this is, but someone on twitter "reported" that Disney was debating on either announcing the opening date for star wars land or ROL yesterday during the earnings report and that the other one would be announced on Friday. So maybe we'll get an opening date announcement friday.

ToTBellHop

I dont know how true this is, but someone on twitter "reported" that Disney was debating on either announcing the opening date for star wars land or ROL yesterday during the earnings report and that the other one would be announced on Friday. So maybe we'll get an opening date announcement friday.
Checks all the boxes. Still hearing Sunday for us mere mortals.

djkidkaz

Watched the video and it's ok. It looks like someone sat in a board room meeting and said let's take the screens from fantasmic and the earth globe from illuminations and we're all set! I think part of the issue is that Disney is causing "projection fatigue". They are using the technology everywhere and when your projections on your B shows ( castle and tree of life ) look better than the night time spectacular that's a problem IMO. As others have stated hopefully they add to it in the coming months.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Watched the video and it's ok. It looks like someone sat in a board room meeting and said let's take the screens from fantasmic and the earth globe from illuminations and we're all set! I think part of the issue is that Disney is causing "projection fatigue". They are using the technology everywhere and when your projections on your B shows ( castle and tree of life ) look better than the night time spectacular that's a problem IMO. As others have stated hopefully they add to it in the coming months.
I don't know, this show seems like it's based on feeling and emotion a lot more than visual spectacle. I suspect that, of the four nighttime spectaculars, this is the one where internet videos compare least favorably to the real thing.

JohnD

Can't wait to see the show but I've already shifted gears this year. I'm hoping to go to Israel the week before Memorial Day with my diocese. Just need money, work schedule, and renewing passport to correctly align. ROL will still be there later in the year.

JohnD

a much clearer version just got posted, you can see a lot more of the laser and background effects plus its clearer.... still shaky but ehh

Really nice. I can understand why it's called Rivers of Lights. Water projections are used throughout the show. It will be highly dependent on weather, though. I wonder how wind and rain factors in. Just like Illuminations, I'm sure it tells a story but darned if I can figure it out unless told. All I care is that it's a beautiful spectacle.

TabulaRasa

Really nice. I can understand why it's called Rivers of Lights. Water projections are used throughout the show. It will be highly dependent on weather, though. I wonder how wind and rain factors in. Just like Illuminations, I'm sure it tells a story but darned if I can figure it out unless told. All I care is that it's a beautiful spectacle.
Just like Illuminations, Rivers of Light definitely needs to be interpreted. I would say the message is that what ties us all together on planet earth is the light within us all. That we are one with animals, and they are one with us. You know, mutual respect for animals and the environment.

BriEcho3194

The butchering of this show is very disappointing. But at least it will finally open.
It wasn't butchered. Butchered would be adding Lion king and other IPs. It had to be fixed up a bit. While I love the show, some parts from the cast preview did drag on. And the new Narration really makes me feel something now. So this version of the show is amazing honestly .

JohnD

Just like Illuminations, Rivers of Light definitely needs to be interpreted. I would say the message is that what ties us all together on planet earth is the light within us all. That we are one with animals, and they are one with us. You know, mutual respect for animals and the environment.

I'm not saying it's a bad show. It's a great show. But the average guest doesn't really need to know the play-by-play story in order to enjoy it.

Clamman73

Curious to see in person how the scale of the animal floats is...should they have been bigger to make a greater impact to the audience, or it doesn't matter...

JohnD

Curious to see in person how the scale of the animal floats is...should they have been bigger to make a greater impact to the audience, or it doesn't matter...

Considering it took a year to get the show right and coordinate the computer movement of the floats, I'm not sure making them bigger would help. They might bump into each other with less room to maneuver.

180º

a much clearer version just got posted, you can see a lot more of the laser and background effects plus its clearer.... still shaky but ehh

Thanks! I like the extended look at the pre-show.

Also: Nice image quality, but ugh, what DID that person do to the audio? I had to stop watching because I couldn't take it anymore. It sounds like spectral noise removal gone horribly wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom