New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WHY AM I NOT A MOMMY BLOGGER WHAT THE HECKKKKK

Hi, @prfctlyximprct! Thanks for your question! I remember when I wasn't a Disney Moms Blogger. Back then, I didn't know how to answer someone's question without first a full paragraph of warm feelings and padding like I was trying to answer an essay exam question but I didn't know anything! But once I became a Disney Moms Blogger, they taught me to waste valuable time by sharing personal experiences to make myself seem relateable so as to make you feel valuable. It didn't much matter that this extra paragraph of fluff made it nearly impossible to find answers to questions by quickly scanning a search result on the Moms Blog.

As to the reason why you're not a Disney Moms Blogger is because your file has STALKER stamped on it in big red letters. Have a magical day!

prfctlyximprct

Hi, @prfctlyximprct! Thanks for your question! I remember when I wasn't a Disney Moms Blogger. Back then, I didn't know how to answer someone's question without first a full paragraph of warm feelings and padding like I was trying to answer an essay exam question but I didn't know anything! But once I became a Disney Moms Blogger, they taught me to waste valuable time by sharing personal experiences to make myself seem relateable so as to make you feel valuable. It didn't much matter that this extra paragraph of fluff made it nearly impossible to find answers to questions by quickly scanning a search result on the Moms Blog.

As to the reason why you're not a Disney Moms Blogger is because your file has STALKER stamped on it in big red letters. Have a magical day!
:hilarious::hilarious:

FigmentJedi

I'm trying to avoid the temptation to watch the video so I can see it live without preconception, but I am curious if any IP made it into the show? I know that was a concern for some.

Besides Disney Nature, none

Also, the aurora part of the third act is a straight-up homage to Brother Bear's "Transformation" scene. Besides the music, groups of elephants/mammoths marching, wolf pack dashing around in a circle, followed by herds of deer and a Grizzly mother/cub.

Like I think the only reason Brother Bear got left out of that Tree of Life montage was because of Rivers of Light.

dreamfinder912

Does anyone else who saw the cast previews think the music is sped up a little? Like not just the pieces they cut toward the beginning but all of it seems faster. Am I going a bit crazy?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the posted videos, it looks great. An 8 out of 10. For me, that means I'll make sure I see it at least once every visit.

So, now onto the quibbles:
  • The boats with the dancers were kept in the background too much. It's hard to see what they're doing at a distance. And for those who aren't into the slow music and fountains (likely most children), boats passing by in the foreground would be a welcome distraction.
  • Likewise, the light-up animal barges could have been involved more with a slow spaced-out parade around the circumference of the lake when they weren't 'on stage'.
  • The Tree of Life hardly participated in the show. It could have been bright and had swirly colors during the fountain part (adding more interest there) and then at the end a faux-fireworks-ish display could have been happening.

Jeremy Geertsema

Are cast members still scheduled to work at the theatre? Is the Feburary 12 date happening? If the show is ready, then they should show it, enough stalling!

FigmentJedi

Agreed, I will admit, I am a bit disappointed of one aspect of what was cut, but the rest (IMO) was justified. Also note: While there are still some squabbles about the show, no one seems to complain about pacing anymore.
I feel like they'd have a point if they actually talked about what was going on during the portions that were cut, but otherwise it seems like the Animal Spirit parade was mostly reliant on those floats and it dragged because of that. Like if it was something where their movement across the lagoon was accented more by the water screens, then they probably wouldn't have needed to have made those cuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom