New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

NeXuS1000

I'm going to WDW Sept 24th... and with AK first on the list of parks to visit (Sept 25th); what's our chances of being able to see Rivers of Light?

seascape

I have mixed feelings. I would like to see ROL but I will be there in September and November so I would like both shows. Wait till October for ROL.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
The parks blog marketed it as a "limited engagement", just for the summer. I can't see them extended it, especially with the horrible reviews it got. I haven't had a chance to see it yet so I don't know how terrible it is

I just saw it on Monday. It's pretty bad. There were two shows that night. We had FastPasses for the first show. That was probably a mistake because the theatre was packed. It was very hot and there wasn't much airflow (at least not where we were sitting). We just sat there sweating for 20 minutes waiting for the show to start. We could barely see the singers on the center stage and I don't know what the three dancers on the side stage were doing. The dancers and drummers on the stage in front of the seating area weren't bad, but the ones running up and down the aisle didn't add much. Finally, the water screens were pretty much unwatchable. The large, center screen was completely out of focus. I had to struggle to guess what they were showing.
I really, really, really can't wait for Rivers of Light!!!

DisneyRoy

Well...when I saw they were retesting during the day I got my hopes up. But by the recent responses it seems that was in error. I am hoping that by the first week of October I get to see it. But am not planning on it.....sigh....:cry:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Well...when I saw they were retesting during the day I got my hopes up. But by the recent responses it seems that was in error. I am hoping that by the first week of October I get to see it. But am not planning on it.....sigh....:cry:

I feel your pain. Holding out hope for beginning of November, personally.

If not, I'll see it the next time I go to WDW... in 2022.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thanks to everyone with the updates of this interesting project. I hope this is ready for our trip in December.
I accepted weeks ago that I am out of luck for 9/11.
We'll stay for the Tree Awakens, and then we'll spend the rest of the evening at Disney Springs.

I also swapped our Boma ressie (had a whole AK themed day going there) for Frontera Cocina.

For us, there's always next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom