New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

prfctlyximprct

A25EDEA8-76CD-4CAC-AFEB-91C6D37CA87E_zpswuad3d7i.png

Magic Feather

Is "not for a little time longer" a longer or shorter period of time compared to "soon"?
I'd say that it is similar, assuming what I have been told is correct. We need to remeber that that answer is in comparison to "this week" which the date is not close to, however when compared to somethings, it is considerably soon. Time is relative. You could say Fallon is opening soon (April 6 which RoL should be open before) especially compared to Fast and Furious or Even Pandora and Volcano. Everything is relative.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd say that it is similar, assuming what I have been told is correct. We need to remeber that that answer is in comparison to "this week" which the date is not close to, however when compared to somethings, it is considerably soon. Time is relative. You could say Fallon is opening soon (April 6 which RoL should be open before) especially compared to Fast and Furious or Even Pandora and Volcano. Everything is relative.

Time goes slower when you approach the speed of rivers of light. -Albert Igerstein

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hey its the Animal Kingdom Zone, remember Avatar was supposed to open in 2years...... and that was in 2011 (cue twilight zone theme)

From September 2011:

"We’ve just begun the design phase on our Animal Kingdom project and we expect to begin construction in 2013. From start to finish, a project of this size and scope takes about 5 years to design and build. We can’t give you an exact date but we know that when it’s complete, it’s going to be a truly unforgettable experience."... Tom Staggs

So at the time of the initial announcement they were estimating late 2016.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From September 2011:

"We’ve just begun the design phase on our Animal Kingdom project and we expect to begin construction in 2013. From start to finish, a project of this size and scope takes about 5 years to design and build. We can’t give you an exact date but we know that when it’s complete, it’s going to be a truly unforgettable experience."... Tom Staggs

So at the time of the initial announcement they were estimating late 2016.
Tom who ?

Shame.

RSoxNo1

Hey its the Animal Kingdom Zone, remember Avatar was supposed to open in 2years...... and that was in 2011 (cue twilight zone theme)
Avatar never had a timeline that quick. When it was announced in September of 2011 it was deliberately stated as far away/early stages of development. A year after the announcement (September 13, 2012) was the first date range I saw and that was Rasulo saying 2015-2016.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom