New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Slowjack

Rocket Rods still makes me incredibly sad. Disneyland's Peoplemover was really nice- it was relaxing! Not so much RR. Now the track rots.

Do you know why High in the Sky didn't open for years? Just curious. Went on it in November and thought it was pretty cute!
On the latter, I don't recall all the details, but it was originally going to be a different ride (with a different name, Sylvester Monkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines). Think of it as a Tomorrowland Speedway type of attraction, where each party has their own car and the "driver" can control how fast the cars go, but over the elevated track. Pretty neat. I've heard different stories about why it never opened--mechanical problems and reliability, some say, or safety issues, others say (because of the elevated track, evacs would have been troublesome). I know Universal and the company that built the original ride got into a legal battle over it. Eventually Universal decided to keep the basic track structure and ditch everything else.

So yeah, that may be a kind of record for delay--intended to open with the rest of the park in 1999, but actually opening in 2006!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This attraction may have hit Yesterland already as on Marathon weekend I saw a couple of 'Rivers of Light' t-shirts at the GF. The shirts were gorgeous but these days when you see an attraction t-shirt...

The shirts main color was the AK brown with the floats in pastel hues with a box surrounding the picture with the box outline being the main color of the float.

Jeremy Geertsema

This attraction may have hit Yesterland already as on Marathon weekend I saw a couple of 'Rivers of Light' t-shirts at the GF. The shirts were gorgeous but these days when you see an attraction t-shirt...

The shirts main color was the AK brown with the floats in pastel hues with a box surrounding the picture with the box outline being the main color of the float.
GF? Grand Floridian? Which gift shop?

FigmentJedi

The only attraction shirts that are a death sentence are the ones sold online for a single week.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hours at AK for February just got extended by one hour each night. Could this be a good sign for ROL?

Nautical twilight ends around 6:45p, so, that would be the earliest to have a RoL show. If the park is closing at 8p... it would be rough to have two shows in that time period unless the second show is right at 8p.

I would presume once RoL starts, the park will be open to at least 9p.

Extending closing hours for AK is something WDW does continually on a month by month basis and has been doing for the past half year. It's really not a sign of anything except an attempt to have AK open for some part of the night for the evening festivals, rides, and ToL Awakenings.

I am Timmy

Is there a picture of this shirt somewhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom