New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Also read that the site that shall not be named stated that this show was literally the most technically advanced thing Disney has ever done.

Which is part of why they had so many problems

I still think they could have prepared better though. In my opinion they planned assuming everything would work perfectly as drawn up on day one.

dm1988

I was there with a friend who had an extra ticket - I would rank it behind Illuminations and Fantasmic. It was decent but just kept dragging and didn't really have any wow moments. It would have been a lot better with additional elements like fire or more performers.

But then again I live in Southern California and have seen World of Color probably 20x and think its a lot more entertaining than ROL...so maybe i'm jaded.

Last edited:

Jedi14

I think we already knew that RoL was going to be a technical marvel so that's not surprising. I personally prefer quiet, subtle, unspoken beauty than bam in your face stuff. Click-bait mentioned there's no WOW moment but you know what, no matter what any blog says, I'm very excited to see the show.
World of Color Season of Light has a subtlety to it as the characters are more in the background compared to the music. So I am hoping Rivers of Light will be like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom