New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TabulaRasa

Anyone else hearing December now? I've heard executives were there 2 weeks or so ago and want this show up asap. In testing within the last two weeks there was an incident where two floats (lotus and an animal float) bumped into each other. No damage was done to the floats but this backed things up a bit. The company in which that built the floats in not cooperating all that well either.
@Magic Feather have you heard this at all?

Magic Feather

Regarding the boat bump? I was told it was too minor to matter, if it even happened, as my friend has no clue, while my other said she heard rumblings, so I can't fully answer that. As for the December delay, I was told that the original Soft Opening goal was missed, but, if you remeber how I said softs were originally going to go, then you will know that (as of now) what month this opens in is kind of up to judgement, although, I believe the original media day was scrapped. But I would love to be proved wrong @marni1971

TabulaRasa

Regarding the boat bump? I was told it was too minor to matter, if it even happened, as my friend has no clue, while my other said she heard rumblings, so I can't fully answer that. As for the December delay, I was told that the original Soft Opening goal was missed, but, if you remeber how I said softs were originally going to go, then you will know that (as of now) what month this opens in is kind of up to judgement, although, I believe the original media day was scrapped. But I would love to be proved wrong @marni1971
Thanks! Do you think a premiere by the end of year is still a possibility at this point? Even with the media event being canned?

Nubs70

So much wrong info in this thread.

When ROL opens it will still have some hitches. Why does everyone need to be there at the first one?
Whenever it soft opens it will still take several weeks of working through some of those challenges.
Give it to February 1st before seeing the show.
When I fought to be first into the DS parking ramp......o_O

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney needs to better manage their hype train. Announcing projects months or years before they even break ground either leads to people forgetting/becoming indifferent or the project becoming so over-hyped that it can't possibly live up to expectation. I'm looking at you, New Fantasyland.

At the risk of derailing this further, Diagon Alley was half-built before it was announced to the public. Not very long to wait, but plenty of time to plan a vacation. It seems that TDO would have done well to not announce ROL until last spring.

People on these boards see the hype since we follow WDW news so closely, but I bet it has little to no impact on 99% of the people going to the parks.

Next Big Thing

So much wrong info in this thread.

When ROL opens it will still have some hitches. Why does everyone need to be there at the first one?
Whenever it soft opens it will still take several weeks of working through some of those challenges.
Give it to February 1st before seeing the show.
Sure it'll have hitches, but is the opening dates being thrown around for this correct?

HauntedMansionFLA

You would think they want this show up and running when Rohde, Cameron and Landau will be in town November 20th discussing Avatar then heading over to DAK for a nighttime event.

Cesar R M

Anyone else hearing December now? I've heard executives were there 2 weeks or so ago and want this show up asap. In testing within the last two weeks there was an incident where two floats (lotus and an animal float) bumped into each other. No damage was done to the floats but this backed things up a bit. The company in which that built the floats in not cooperating all that well either.
Speaking of delays. I wonder if heads will roll for these monstrous delays..
also wonder how much money Disney lost according to their projections.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom