New NextGen RFID main entrance turnstiles to go live this week

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Excellent. Thanks for the help, still trying to grasp this whole concept. I'll understand once I'm using it in June
It is really not all that different that what you are currently using. Instead of sliding a ticket through a slot and having it read a magnetic stripe, you simply hold it up to a sensor and it reads a chip inside the card.

Acolli18

It is really not all that different that what you are currently using. Instead of sliding a ticket through a slot and having it read a magnetic stripe, you simply hold it up to a sensor and it reads a chip inside the card.

Gotcha, maybe I'm thinking more of the Fastpass+ things...

luv

With the current turnstiles Disney knows that only people with Valid tickets are entering the park. 1 spin of the turnstile per ticket read. With this wide open free for all how does Disney control the flow of the guest getting in? How do they prevent people with expired tickets from calmly walking right past the scanners and walking into the park. Also with large groups It has to be hard to keep track of what kid scanned what ticket and who gets to take the walk into the park. It just seems like a big mess.

Why not just put the RFID readers at all the current turnstiles in place of the insert card reader? Make everyone spin the turnstile.

I like things to feel and be in order. The RFID entrances seems like a confusing mess of people.

Can someone explain to me how this will not be a problem? This has been my only brain scratcher about all of this RFID stuff. The poorly designed entrances.
They stand there and watch you do the green circle thing. Plus, the way they have them set up, it is a frequent occurrence that not all of them can be used at the same time because people clog up the machines by standing in front of them, waiting for others to use it. So even if they're supposed to be watching four of them, it's usually more like two in use at a time.

I wish they'd line these things up so that people could get to and use the ones nobody is using. Maybe they will at some point, but the way it is now, the things just sit there not being used.

TP2000

I have not been to DL in a few years, not sure what they are doing on their turnstiles.

At WDW, the congestion relief with handhelds is to basically create more turnstile points when all the regular once are in use. I

As Flynnibus said above, it's now all about CM's with small iPads at Disneyland's turnstiles to prevent fraud with multi-day ticket holders.

I went with friends from New England last month who had multi-days, and the photo process was a little weird but it only took a few seconds.

Otherwise, the Disneyland turnstiles are just like they've been since 1955, except with newer gates and turnstile equipment obviously.

If and when the MyMagic+ thing comes to Disneyland/DCA park entrances, it is going to have to look and work much differently than WDW. The two park main entrances sitting less than 100 yards from each other, plus the easy access off the street and/or Downtown Disney creates a very different vibe and physical space and they'll need security and logistics issues at Disneyland that they don't have to worry about at WDW parks. Personally, I don't know that it would work at all in Anaheim, using the current WDW MyMagic+ setup as a guide, but that's just me.

erasure fan1

, people trying to shove a jogging stroller through one, etc and that has drastically sped things up.
Yea I can see that point making a significant impact on how long things take. Having had 11+ years of having a stroller, I can say Disney CMs just have no clue as to how to get strollers in the park at rope drop in an efficient way. So this will be a plus just for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom