New music for RnRC...

StevenT

Blasphemy! Get rid of Aerosmith?! They are one of the biggest music acts of all time. To replace them with a pathetic artist like Britteny Spears would be unthinkable. I'd rather they tear the ride down before they do that!

If they were to ever change the music they'd have to keep with the theme and put some classic rock in there. AC/DC, GnR, Led Zeppelin, something good and loud, not some has been who lip syncs at her live shows.

The_CEO

You made an interesting idea.. What if each rider can choose the track they wanted to hear? Like a variety of artists?

speck76

I thought I had read that Disney had wanted to be able to change the band every once in a while, but Aerosmith found a loophole in the contract, and will never be replaced.

Anyway, I think they need to stick with classic music and bands, as anything current will be considered old by the time they get the music on the ride...plus, most of the music coming out these days is crap (IMO)

aimster

I've liked Aerosmith for around 20 years now so I'm perfectly happy with RnR just how it is. They're a fun band and their music is a perfect fit for a rollercoaster.

I just miss the old poster promoting Duran Duran's "Pop Trash" album that was up in the queue 4 years ago. First time I saw it was the day some friends and I visited MGM after a weekend filled with DD shows at House of Blues. So of course we all screamed like the Duranie dorks we are and jumped over the chain to get our photo taken with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(and yes I know that album flopped big time... but just you wait until October!)

TnkrBelPixiDust

Aerosmith is great for RnRC!!! I love it! Everytime I hear a Aerosmith song I think or WDW... then get sad for a minute because im not there.. but then happy again because im going back! As far as Britney goes... uggh... the thought makes me wanna vomit! :hurl: If anything is sooo 5 minutes ago it would be Britney lol!

Lee

Adventurer
aimster said:
(and yes I know that album flopped big time... but just you wait until October!)

Off-topic....

I could not agree more. I've been wearing out my cds of last year's Costa Mesa show, so the new album is very welcome at my house.

bsandersjr

First, Aerosmith is one of the GREATEST ROCK bands of all time. If they were to replace them, Britt. Spears should not even be a molecule in the thought of Disney. A slutty, plump POP singer? Come on, name a buffet after her not a ROCK-n-ROLLercoaster.
Just change up the music tracks.

wannab@dis

Have to agree with most of the replies... Aerosmith should stay, maybe add some more songs.

If they ever did change bands, it should go to a variety of good solid ROCK bands, not some teeny bopper pop junk spewed my most of the top 40 junk out today. Sorry, as you can tell, today's music does absolutely nothing for me. Keep it out!

DDuckFan130

bsandersjr said:
First, Aerosmith is one of the GREATEST ROCK bands of all time. If they were to replace them, Britt. Spears should not even be a molecule in the thought of Disney. A slutty, plump POP singer? Come on, name a buffet after her not a ROCK-n-ROLLercoaster.
Just change up the music tracks.

I was ready to just put in my two cents about Britney being a horrible idea for RnRC because I really dislike her but now I have to defend her. I don't think it's fair to call her "plump" because she's well...NOT. People keep calling her and Beyonce fat when really they aren't. At least they're healthy. But I guess your tastes are more along the lines of Lara Flynn Boyle and Calista Flockhart. Sorry, but THOSE two are just disgusting and should take a lesson from Britney and Beyonce. And for the record, I really dislike Beyonce as well as Britney, but I don't think it's right calling them something they're not.

Anyway, Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands and if anything they should add songs to the ride, not change the band. Britney is soo five minutes ago and not a good idea.

pinkrose

Areosmith is an AWSOME band. I think they should stay. :wave:

If they ever did change the music, it would def. have to be Rock. If they put Pop music on there, it just wouldn't be the same.

ToTBellHop

Disney knows better than to put pop music on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! The name, alone, says what type of music must play ;) Aerosmith is so timeless...they have their classic songs that we all love and they still release new music, so for the time being, there is no need for a change :)

Jerm

It is a great attraction as it is. I think replacing Aerosmith at some point would be a good idea but it is not anything they need to do right away. As far as adding in new Aerosmith songs they would have to be hits that everyone knows.

Also while we all might get sick of the same songs, we are a very small group compaired to the millions of visitors WDW gets. That is one thing about some of the ideas we all have on making WDW a better place, we get sick of things cause we see, hear, or know about them all the time. Think of the family from the mid-west who is taking their first trip with there 2.25 kids. They love it all from Tiki Under New... to El Tempo (well maybe not that) but that is who WDW has to work toward. We all will go over and over again no matter what but it is those people that Disney makes the money off of. Come on we are people that all go on a board to hear a 16 (17 sorry ISTC dont know for sure your age, keep up the good work) year olds weekly update from WDW. Really should we be throwing stones????? :hammer:

Off high horse now.

J

Boo's Mom

if you don't like listening to aerosmith, then DON'T RIDE THE DAMN THING! Britney Spears SUCKS! If they start playing her on RNRC that would ruin the thing. As soon as I saw the title of this thread and saw your picture, I figured you would say Britney and I didn't even have to finish reading the rest of your post. You look like somebody who would listen to that skank. (sorry guys if i'm using rough language but that just fired me up. I HATE BRITNEY WITH A PASSION!) :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:
:hurl: BRITNEY

Boo's Mom

DDuckFan130 said:
I don't think it's fair to call her "plump" because she's well...NOT. People keep calling her and Beyonce fat when really they aren't.

HAHA HAVE YOU SEEN BRITNEY'S BELLY LATELY! SHE'S GETTING CHUBBY. she needs to lay off the fast food and the drugs and cigarettes she's been doing. (and don't say she hasn't been doing drugs and smokin cigarettes because its been all in the media lately) Britney is a no good hasbeen who is trying to be like madonna which is really sad because madonna sucks with her fake english accent. If you ask me, most of today's pop singers are talentless. they make me wanna :hurl:

DisJosh

Kendal said:
Am I the only one who wants new music for the RnRC? I'm so sick of hearing Aerosmith on every ride...they are soooo 5 minutes ago! Anyways I wish there would be a screen in front of you that lets you choose what song you want to go along w/ the ride. Wouldn't it be great to ride it w/ Britney's "Toxic" blaring from the speakers....whoops I guess I'm the only one who would want that! :animwink: :lookaroun

I agree. How about some Dimmu Borgir or Slayer instead of Aerosmith. :rolleyes: :p

I'm not a big fan...but I don't think Aerosmith is going anywhere. That would require a complete overhaul and retheming of the attraction. That is not likely to happen...not for a LONG time.

PhotoDave219

Kendal said:
Am I the only one who wants new music for the RnRC? I'm so sick of hearing Aerosmith on every ride...they are soooo 5 minutes ago! Anyways I wish there would be a screen in front of you that lets you choose what song you want to go along w/ the ride. Wouldn't it be great to ride it w/ Britney's "Toxic" blaring from the speakers....whoops I guess I'm the only one who would want that! :animwink: :lookaroun

Okay.... Its an Aerosmith themed ride. Why wouldn't you have their music on it? Besides, its about Rock and Roll - Brittney Spears music just isnt anywhere close. Now Godsmack or Metallica, I can understand that but it just doesn't scream Disney the way Aerosmith does (Think "Arrmegeddon" folks :D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom