New music for RnRC...

Kendal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Am I the only one who wants new music for the RnRC? I'm so sick of hearing Aerosmith on every ride...they are soooo 5 minutes ago! Anyways I wish there would be a screen in front of you that lets you choose what song you want to go along w/ the ride. Wouldn't it be great to ride it w/ Britney's "Toxic" blaring from the speakers....whoops I guess I'm the only one who would want that! :animwink: :lookaroun

MagicalMonorail

I'll ride with Britney Spears! Uh, her music that is. :lookaroun

It would be cool to have different music. Aerosmith isn't my favorite band. They're alright, but I would have picked a different group. Any idea on why Disney went with them?

Steamboat_Kevin

Kendal said:
Wouldn't it be great to ride it w/ Britney's "Toxic" blaring from the speakers....whoops I guess I'm the only one who would want that! :animwink: :lookaroun
Yes, yes you are... :p

PS. So five minutes ago? Isn't that expression so five minutes ago? :lookaroun

CaptainMichael

Toxic is a good song, but I am a big Aerosmith fan. They are a legendary band and legends live way past 5 mins. I am mainly a Country Music fan, Aerosmith is the only thing I'll listen to other than Country.

Britney Spears on the RnR? Are you sick?! :hurl:

I'm not a big Aerosmith fan but we're talking about the ROCKN rollercoaster here! Go stick pop music on the Barnstormer with the rest of the kids and leave the perfection that is RnR alone!

NemoRocks78

Seized
MagicalMonorail said:
Any idea on why Disney went with them?

It was originally planned to be The Rolling Stones, but they wanted too much money, and Disney already had a partnership with Aerosmith (they did that song from Armageddon) so they went with them.

I love Aerosmith, they are actually one of the few "bands" that I listen to. I think that Disney should add some songs from Honkin on Bobo, the new album they released a while back....Road Runner would be an awesome addition to the on-board soundtrack.

With that said....I want to see an indoor Mad Tea Party-style ride with laser lights and such themed to a turntable. It could star Funkmaster Flex. :lookaroun

Figment1986

If the ride ever changed the songs, I would like to keep the Rock theme..... :D

I perfer keeping aerosmith but i could go with a different rock band...... :lookaroun

The coaster could never be the same with Pop, or most other music types....

Steamboat_Kevin

I agree with NemoRocks78 about adding songs from "Honkin' on Bobo" to the soundtrack, along with some other Aerosmith songs:
1. Road Runner (Honkin' on Bobo)
2. Baby, Please Don't Go (Honkin' on Bobo)
3. Toys in the Attic (Toys in the Attic)
4. Back in the Saddle (Rocks)
5. Rats in the Cellar (Rocks)
6. Same Old Song and Dance (Get Your Wings)
Just my opinion, though.

PS. If they ever WERE to replace Aerosmith, I'd say Simon and Garfunkel would be an excellent choice.
Hello darkness, my old friend...

:lookaroun

dzne4eva

That would be evil and wrong. It's like taking out "It's a Small World" out of Small World. Stick on some headphones if you want a different track. :rolleyes:

Steamboat_Kevin

General Grizz said:
How about "There is a season. . . Turn, Turn, Turn?" :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Or they could turn everything rainbow colored and swirly, and play the full version of "Innagaddadavida"
That would be one long ride...

Lee

Adventurer
As I have posted before...

Disney is already considering another band for the next incarnation of RnRC, which is proposed for a possible spot at DCA.
From my information, they have a tenative agreement (tenative meaning IF the ride ever gets built) for the Anaheim version with a "local" band. Music fans will know who I mean.

Now, from what I hear, this agreement will expire in a couple of years, so the lifespan of this happening has a limited window of opportunity.

Me? I like the idea. :D

ltbeach

Britney who? :veryconfu

might be because they dont want to promote boozing, smoking, barely clothed teens at a family park.

Steamboat_Kevin

Lee said:
As I have posted before...

Disney is already considering another band for the next incarnation of RnRC, which is proposed for a possible spot at DCA.
From my information, they have a tenative agreement (tenative meaning IF the ride ever gets built) for the Anaheim version with a "local" band. Music fans will know who I mean.
Uggh.. I don't like that idea, because I no longer like No Doubt. Ever since Rock Steady was released, they have become waaay too poppy for my taste.
Some of their old stuff (from Tragic Kingdom, their self-titled album, and even a little bit from Return to Saturn) is good, though. Maybe they could play that...

Calamar

New Audio on RNRC!

Actually, Disney has tested new audio on (formerly Aerosmith's) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! Back in early May, I experienced this first-hand. Although Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was playing as the ride began, the audio abruptly stopped after a few seconds. It was up to me to finish the song, a responsibility I readily accepted! Unfortunately, I know none of the lyrics, aside from the title. Hence, I repeated, "Do-do, do-do, dude looks like a lay-dee! Do-do, do-do, dude looks like a lay-dee! Do-do, do-do, dude looks like a lay-dee," and so forth, until the ride ended, much to the dismay of the cast member friend I was riding with. I'm sure that she and the other riders were highly impressed by my singing, though. :lookaroun

GoofBall06

:eek: GASP! i couldnt even think of such a thing..that is getting rid of the aerosmith music. of course they are my fav. band so of course i love it..But their music makes the whole ride soo awesome! they have great songs that make the roller coaster a really ROCKIN roller coaster...but i do think it would be cool to have them put new aero songs from Honkin on Bobo..good cd. :D

Ringo8n24

Aerosmith is great for the ride. I wouldn't mind hearing more of a variety of their music. It seemed when it first opened there were different tunes playing than there are now. I love it because it is like driving fast down a highway with their music blaring. Pardon me, but there is nothing RocknRoll about anything Britney sings. Ohhh, just the thought of that change is ridiculous.

dxwwf3

Steamboat_Kevin said:
Uggh.. I don't like that idea, because I no longer like No Doubt.

Ouch. I didn't think of them as a "Rock" band.....because they ARE a pop band. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it is the ROCK N Roller Coaster. Oh well. If they ever do replace Aerosmith it will be impossible to find another band with that type of broad appeal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom