New Muppet Ride?

skellington22

i think Muppet Studios is a great idea...

I love the Idea of the swedish chef's restaurant

whatever it is they need to do something to boost volume in DHS

maybe expanding Pixar Studios like everyone has stated before
adding some more pixar rides..

iceman22

maybe expanding Pixar Studios like everyone has stated before

Yeah I would love to see the Pixar place get an expansion with more Pixar rides like a Monsters, Inc. rollercoaster, a Ratatouille water ride, & some sort of The Incredibles ride!

If they do expand they can build a new building for pizza plant so it would look the one in Toy Story & replace the old building with a Tron themed arcade! :D

That would be so COOL too see but this will probably never happen. :(

Nemofinder

Pizza Planet replaced with Swedish Chef restaurant, Pizza Planet moved to Pixar place. Muppet Movie ride. What if Muppetvision was like a gate way? We get taken in the the screen at Muppet theater and then we see the muppet version of the movies. I already love the Statler and Waldorf there, when I was little those characters were so real to me. Even now they look as though they're really muppets, and therefore really, human? felt? i don't know. That attraction is where the characters come alive the most for me. I'd love to see more.

Magenta Panther

You're totally right!!! Whoever owns the Muppets should just build a ride about them in their OWN studio so that the DISNEY studio can only have DISNEY characters in it!!!!!!1!

:hammer:

Wow, I guess that's just too radical a concept for some people. Imagine...a DISNEY park devoted to DISNEY-created/interpreted characters. No Star Wars or Indiana Jones or Marvel or Muppets etc. What a horrible idea. Why would anybody want that? Hey, if stuffing a bunch of clashing concepts and characters into a mishmash of a park is good enough for Universal, then it's good enough for Disney!

Magenta Panther

This seems like an awful idea all together. The muppets really have nothing to do with Disney and its enough of a presence thanks to the theater.

Bingo. Disney may have bought them, but to say they really fit in is like saying Darth Vader fits into the Disney dynamic. For me, the Muppets and Star Wars are fine in their little niches at Disney Hollywood Studios, because I think of them as part of the "celebration of Hollywood" that DHS is supposed to be. But using up more space on any one non-Disney-inspired property is overkill IMO.

Tigger1988

Wow, I guess that's just too radical a concept for some people. Imagine...a DISNEY park devoted to DISNEY-created/interpreted characters. No Star Wars or Indiana Jones or Marvel or Muppets etc. What a horrible idea. Why would anybody want that? Hey, if stuffing a bunch of clashing concepts and characters into a mishmash of a park is good enough for Universal, then it's good enough for Disney!

Might as well bulldoze DHS then, using your logic.

Magenta Panther

Well, if the new film does as well as expected (and largely the word of mouth has been phenomenal), Disney will certainly be "influencing" it a lot more as they now own the property.

That said, I think you will be disappointed in the future of the parks, though. As Avatar shows, the direction they are heading in is more and more use of this type of thing, outside themes. Although I agree that it's a shame we haven't seen a Sleeping Beauty dark ride, for example, and I too would like to see more use of classics (especially as opposed to Pixar, I mean - we have two rides with Toy Story characters you shoot at), but Disney is out to not be Potter'd again.

It's all about your personal taste, though. Avatar is quite literally the last...I don't know what to call it, as it's not a "franchise" yet, just one film, but the last property, I guess, I'd ever want to see at WDW, but if they said they were building a park of all Star Wars and Muppets? I'd be camping out at the gate the day they announced it.

But, as I said, you should expect a lot more of this - or you will be disappointed. It's just the direction the company is going in. Like I also said, I do want more use of classic characters/films, but on the other hand - Six Flags isn't gonna build a good Star Wars or Muppet ride, so I'm glad that we have Disney to do so, or we wouldn't see them at all.

I realize that it's the direction the company is going at present. But I wonder if Iger overstepped himself with Avatar. It's interesting that after he arranged that deal, his pending departure was announced. Maybe there's no connection, but then again...Certainly the reaction to the Avatar park was very mixed, from the media and the public alike. Personally, I think it's a major blunder. And it seemed so weak. Iger apparently thinks the Disney characters aren't popular enough to inspire a attraction that can compete with Wizarding World, so he goes to James Cameron! Then a few weeks later, the Lion King reissue at movie theaters rakes in big bucks and makes him look like a fool. If people were so eager to see a 17-year-old 2D animated film that it ruled the box office for 2 weeks in a row, how would they react to a Lion King dark ride at Animal Kingdom?

Well, thanks to Iger, and the type of corporate thinking that thinks acquisition is more important than artistry, we'll likely never know...

Supergirl7710

I think some people took my comment the wrong way. I enjoy Indie and Star Wars and the Muppets 3D is a must hit for me when I'm in HS. I would just like to see them develop more disney related ideas before going on with this muppets idea.

I mean take a look at how many Disney movies aren't represented ANYWHERE!

I'm an avid Hercules fan and to be honest when was the last time (besides Fantasmic) you saw any Hercules representation anywhere?

Nemofinder

I think a Lion King/ Jungle Book ride has been tried, or so they think. There have been numerous shows focusing on the two movies throughout the parks and they may believe that suffices. I agree wholeheartedly that the success of The Lion Kind- 3D should result in some sort of park reaction, but it doesn't. Avatar-land is a business move, as are most of these decisions. The Muppets were originally going to have a larger presence in DHS, but alas they were cut. The name change was necessary and with that name change comes an interesting new dynamic to the park that may not have been present before. Now the studios are truely studioS. Pixar, Lucasfilm, Muppet Studios. its an interesting concept I'd love to see developed more.

csm

I assume this last post was joking...but people do realize that Disney Owns The Muppets right? It's not the same as Star Wars/Avatar...these are now Disney Owned properties and characters

Of course I know Disney owns the Muppets. It was a commentary on how out of touch the person *I* was quoting seems to be.

Cmdr_Crimson

Not to mention the WB/MGM themes that still remain. It's always been in the Studios park's nature to be more then just Disney stuff.

Plus
Paramount (Indy)
20th Century Fox (Star Wars)
Plus if you also count all the films that were done at the studios from other companies as well..

NadieMasK2

I think Disney is on the right track with expanding other properties like the Muppets in the parks. To me, if it's classic Disney movie characters and rides you want to see, you go to MK. They are even enhancing those properties in FL as we speak. To stay competitive in the market, they have to think outside the box. A revival of the Muppets is perfect. Each park has to have a really separate identity to pull guests in. As it is, how many people have I met who say they've seen WDW because they went to the MK? Tons! I personally love the direction the Studios is going, with Pixar Place, Star Wars, Muppets (now just expand Indy, I know, a pipe dream).

RSoxNo1

Lots of talk about something that ain't gonna happen.

Just hoping the movie is decent ...

~GFC~

I assume that for the results of this movie to trigger a Theme Park attraction would have to be something ridiculous, like a $200-300 domestic level?

I had heard a $40 million budget for the movie, so I really think they're not betting much of anything on this project. I'm excited for it, and really hope it leads to a resurgence of the characters.

Silver Figment

I'd love to see more of the Muppets in wdw, but i wouldn't want to lose TGMR because of them. I'm not sure how trying to add more of them would work out, in that i'm not sure where else they could be placed in HS. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom