News New movie coming Epcot's Canada Pavilion

Cmdr_Crimson

His plastic surgery didn’t become him on a Circlevision screen.
That was the only unconfortable few seconds of the film...Each shot is A Meme on it's own...
martinshort.jpg

180º

Saw the film on its opening day a couple weeks ago, but I just did a youtube re-watch and I want to express that "Canada, You're a Lifetime Journey" has never sounded better. I was a fan of the '07 performance already but Andrew Lockington's new orchestration of the song is very grown-up and beautiful. Only the vocals remain, as they should. I was so happy to hear the song get the treatment it deserves. It's an EPCOT Center classic and we need more like it. Come on, Disney. Throw us a Tomorrow's Child or Listen to the Land next! Re-record Destiny while you're at it, too.

I will say that, while more reverent in tone than their predecessors, both Canada Far and Wide and Awesome Planet feel a little choppy and un-cinematic. I just had this scene in my mind of Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, and Ty Burrell showing up to their recording booths in between jobs and saying, "What's this? A Disney World ride?" before cranking through their lines and peaceing out to lunch.

As others have said, many guests exited just as the song began. I don't remember that happening in O Canada. Maybe it's editing. In O Canada, Martin Short said his goodbyes after the song, whereas in Far and Wide the hosts sign off beforehand.

JohnD

Re-record Destiny while you're at it, too.

Well. . . I'm in no rush on that one. It had too much of a 90s R&B vibe for a space attraction. But the original Universe of Energy could work in the queue area for GotG. Retro vibe for Star Lord and all that.

Jones14

Saw the film on its opening day a couple weeks ago, but I just did a youtube re-watch and I want to express that "Canada, You're a Lifetime Journey" has never sounded better. I was a fan of the '07 performance already but Andrew Lockington's new orchestration of the song is very grown-up and beautiful. Only the vocals remain, as they should. I was so happy to hear the song get the treatment it deserves. It's an EPCOT Center classic and we need more like it. Come on, Disney. Throw us a Tomorrow's Child or Listen to the Land next! Re-record Destiny while you're at it, too.

I will say that, while more reverent in tone than their predecessors, both Canada Far and Wide and Awesome Planet feel a little choppy and un-cinematic. I just had this scene in my mind of Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, and Ty Burrell showing up to their recording booths in between jobs and saying, "What's this? A Disney World ride?" before cranking through their lines and peaceing out to lunch.

As others have said, many guests exited just as the song began. I don't remember that happening in O Canada. Maybe it's editing. In O Canada, Martin Short said his goodbyes after the song, whereas in Far and Wide the hosts sign off beforehand.
We had just a few guests exit as the song began, but I liked the choice to sign off before the last song, almost like they were like “Okay, now just enjoy the beauty, no more jokes or exposition”.

Overall, this was a lovely update, and I hope it gets some good traffic beyond these opening weeks. Those rocks and trees on the facade might be the worst in the resort, though. Have they always looked like that?

TrainsOfDisney

I can see that. Especially for O’Canada. The Martin Short version seemed more personal and less text-book. When she said “helli-yes” it made me cringe more than any of Martin Short’s jokes that’s for sure. Like the mom or teacher who is trying wayyy too hard to be hip and cool.

UNCgolf

Overall, this was a lovely update, and I hope it gets some good traffic beyond these opening weeks. Those rocks and trees on the facade might be the worst in the resort, though. Have they always looked like that?

The trees in the rockwork used to be real, living trees. They just recently replaced them with artificial trees as part of the refurbishment.

Touchdown

I thought the first 10 min were extremely rushed, and featured way too many non Circle Vision shots, but then they striked up the band and played that wonderful song and I forgot all of my complaints. Also, no one moved towards the door during the song in my show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom