New Monorails ?

WDWFREAK53

Hehe, I didn't say I had a well thought idea...just an idea! LOL

Maybe they could implement my ideas as transportation from the parking lots to the entrance rather than using the trams.

Magic Kingdom: Different themed vehicles per each parking area (Mine cars, antique cars, star cruisers, etc.)
Epcot: Peoplemover style transports (Different colors for each parking area)
MGM: Trolley Cars (Different colors for each parking area)
Animal Kingdom: Safari trucks (Different themed Jeeps for each parking area)

Shaman

Another thing to take into consideration especially after todays news out of London...is risk.

A larger, expanded monorail system becomes a large target for terrorist and in many ways and easy one. So you would have to add in costs for security, etc...plus the risk of loss on various level if an attack were to occur.

Shaman

Hehe, I didn't say I had a well thought idea...just an idea! LOL

Maybe they could implement my ideas as transportation from the parking lots to the entrance rather than using the trams.

Magic Kingdom: Different themed vehicles per each parking area (Mine cars, antique cars, star cruisers, etc.)
Epcot: Peoplemover style transports (Different colors for each parking area)
MGM: Trolley Cars (Different colors for each parking area)
Animal Kingdom: Safari trucks (Different themed Jeeps for each parking area)

That would certainly add a nice touch to guest experience...and I'm sure it can easily be done.

slappy magoo

I heard rumors that the current WDW Monorail system would be extended. As of now, it only connects the Magic Kingdom to Epcot with the main parking lot. They want to extend the system to cover Disney-MGM Studios and eventually to Animal Kindom Park. Has anybody heard about this? As of now, guests must either use buses or use their cars and get caught in traffic congestion. It would save fuel, too.

First I heard of it. :D

vmkaddict

I heard they are expanding the monorail past my house......would sure make my life a lot easier.....Is Indiana too far?:D Probably justa rumor:brick:

tnchefbear

I am so glad we all are getting along in this thread.... I would hate to think this thread would become inappropriate too :goodnevil

Baums101

I heard rumors that the current WDW Monorail system would be extended. As of now, it only connects the Magic Kingdom to Epcot with the main parking lot. They want to extend the system to cover Disney-MGM Studios and eventually to Animal Kindom Park. Has anybody heard about this? As of now, guests must either use buses or use their cars and get caught in traffic congestion. It would save fuel, too.
yes it has beeen brought up but the price would be far too much they said.

WDWFREAK53

That would certainly add a nice touch to guest experience...and I'm sure it can easily be done.

Hehe, and as far as income is concerned...it would be so great that people would actually WANT to park in the lots...and pay the $$$!!! :lookaroun

What? You wouldn't? :lookaroun

Mr.EPCOT

I think the term expensive is used often because it all comes down to costs and return on that investment. In this case, costs could outweigh any profit that monorail expansion would yield. A new ride, like EE would probably bring in more money and cost less than an expansion of the monorail. I would take a fifth gate any day over a monorail expansion....and I would assume, so would Disney. Just my opinion though.

Keep in mind that whatever Resorts the Monorail is expanded to, the room rates would increase at those Resorts. That would be where any profit came from. People forget that when they stay at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary, they are paying more than at Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc., because Monorail access is part of their room rate.

metscool

South Dakota... Phew! For a second there I was worried you were from North Dakota............ then again, no one is from North Dakota.
I thought that North and South Dakota settle their differnces and become one big Dakota. And now there are only 49 states.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom