New Monorails?

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by Buzzforprez
Tyler, just had to thank you for the pics you posted a while back. Got the one of the monorails parked together on my screen. Always a happy sight to see. Thanks again.

Not a problem... I just wish I had more to post... but alas, my hard drive crashed, and I'm still trying to salvage files... but most was lost, Im afraid.

Main Street USA

I like the trains they have now. Changing these trains in appearance would take away from the WDW feel. I think the rehab is a great idea.

BTW, Tyler, I really enjoy your posts. Not only because you are knowledgable from a cast member's point of view, but also because you seem really exited to be a part of the Disney team. Thanks!:cool:

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by Main Street USA
I like the trains they have now. Changing these trains in appearance would take away from the WDW feel. I think the rehab is a great idea.

I somehow think that they'd keep the basic appearance of the train the same... they might alter it slightly, just to freshen it... but I agree with you, the current look is "Classic Disney". Albeit, some DL folks might say the same about the Mark III "bubbletop" monorails...

BTW, Tyler, I really enjoy your posts. Not only because you are knowledgable from a cast member's point of view, but also because you seem really exited to be a part of the Disney team. Thanks!:cool:

Thanks :) You're right, I am excited to be part of the Disney team... I've always beleived that you have to love your job... and if you don't... you need to find a new one. But as you can tell, I'm all set. I love Disney, and I'm a transportation freak... :D

Main Street USA

Then don't ever leave! Happiness is the #1 most important thing in life, nothing else matters. Contrary to popular belief, money does NOT rule the world!

s25843

Re: Re: Where?

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Mark in this instance means "iteration", as in a sequence, or series. For example, our trains are:

Mark I - First daily operating Monorail in the US... 3 cars long
Mark II - Modified Mark I... added a 4th car
Mark III - Modified Mark II... added a 5th car.
Mark IV - Original trains at WDW (5 and 6 car)
Mark V - Current trains at DL (5 car)
Mark VI - Current trains at WDW (6 car)

Lincon also does this with their cars

Invero

Original Poster
Contrary to popular belief, money does NOT rule the world!

Can you tell that to the bank for me when they ask for my car payment??

WDW Imagineer

I think I heard somewhere that Disneyland in California might be getting new monorails within 5 to 10 years, maybe to tie into the 50th.

So maby Disney might be going for the 2 for one deal:lol:

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDW Imagineer
I think I heard somewhere that Disneyland in California might be getting new monorails within 5 to 10 years, maybe to tie into the 50th.

So maby Disney might be going for the 2 for one deal:lol:

Although the trains share simmilar exterior design cues, that's where any similarity ends... They're totally different and incompatible trains...

The Mark V trains at DL are quite a bit smaller in size, and are less advanced. They also run on a different sized beam and power grid.

foxfire

My concern is if they rehab the current trains that safety becomes an issue. I know WDW is (cough) concerned with guest safety for the most part. I put a lot of faith in them, especially when traveling as high up as on the monorails, but if it's safer to replace the trains, and within their budget, I'd feel safer if they did that then try a "cheap fix"---kind of like changing WoM into TT, look @ all the problems there.

But I would hope Disney does what is best for the guests and not their wallet...I would like them to do more than replace a few parts and cross their fingers before sending us on our way on their "Highway in the Sky".

jaylenofan86

I heard about the new mark VI monorails for DL too. Also, DL could change the beams and get more power, but it's a l....o.....n.....g shot.

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by foxfire
My concern is if they rehab the current trains that safety becomes an issue. I know WDW is (cough) concerned with guest safety for the most part. I put a lot of faith in them, especially when traveling as high up as on the monorails, but if it's safer to replace the trains, and within their budget, I'd feel safer if they did that then try a "cheap fix"---kind of like changing WoM into TT, look @ all the problems there.

Safety-wise, there's nothing wrong with the current trains, nor will upgrading the systems effect the safety systems. If anything, it might increase safety...

Luau Cove

Will we be able to notice the new monorails? Apart from it being extra-clean, is there any new distinctive mark? For example colors or sticker...

-->LUAU

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by Luau Cove
Will we be able to notice the new monorails? Apart from it being extra-clean, is there any new distinctive mark? For example colors or sticker...

-->LUAU

Here's the proposed color scheme... look for them on your next visit!

- Monorail Clear
- Monorail Invisible
- Monorail Imaginary

:D

jaylenofan86

Text from monorail clear and central.

Central: Monorail Clear from central.

Clear: Clear bye

Central: Who is that???? Invisible or Imaginary?????

Invisible: 10-9?

Central: Monorail Invisible, 10-20.

Invisible: Pylon 46.

Central: What???? Then who is that! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom