New Monorails?

DonickCo

Disney Market Place concept model, I found it well I was browsing awhile back.

Attachments

• marketplace.jpg
    marketplace.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 176

DisneyWorldGuru

Well I can see Fultons Crab House, Pleasure Island, ans the Grosvenor Resort. I wrote on DonickCo's picture.

Attachments

• marketplace.jpg
    marketplace.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 221

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
Well I can see Fultons Crab House, Pleasure Island, ans the Grosvenor Resort. I wrote on DonickCo's picture.

Sorry, I know, I know what I said and labeled as Pleasure Island is the Marketplace. Sorry. :lol:

Attachments

• ritrmapddimg.jpg
    ritrmapddimg.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 157

CDavid

An amazing look at what might have been (and still should!). :)

But, what exactly are those two large towers sitting where Courtyard/Howard Johnson's is supposed to be? Were there plans at some point to demolish Howard Johnson's (as it was probably still called around the date of this model, if I guess correctly)? There are also those all those identical buildings where the Hilton was built - an early concept perhaps? Or, is all this just "artistic liberties" taken with constructing the model?

There is an awful lot of monorail track running around. Wonder where the beam running up Buena Vista Drive toward the Club Lake Villas eventually wound up?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DonickCo
maybe?

That looks pretty confusing. Also the way you show the model no train can be coming from Epcot if another one is going to epcot because there is only a single rail you put in.

DonickCo

1st Draft.

If you look at the tracks you can see the new orange Market Place line and the old Purple Epcot line. Also the stations are Teal. You can see little white ticks on the tracks, if you have one tick it mean there is one line, if you have 2 ticks in a cluster you have 2 track ….and so on. ….this if my first draft …so be nice.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 117

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Disney4648
So, you all think Disney will expand their monorail line to downtown disney eh? I dont see it happening for another 10+ years.

I agree with you 100%!! I don't see it happening for a while. The money they have now can just be used so many better things than the monorail. It just wouldn't be a smart investment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom