Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

P_Radden

Yawn. More fake news from that loon. I don't understand why people continue to give his site any acknowledgement. If it isn't from WDWMagic, I assume it is LIES. Lol.
fral-f-lies-all-lies.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The current bench seating is inefficient for the express loop especially when you consider the proliferation of strollers or even the transit crushes of rope drop and post fireworks.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So, take this with a grain of salt, as my beother is a known story teller, however he has been more right then wrong recently. So my brother works for a company that Disney works with on different projects. (Keeping this vague for obvious reasons). He said he was at a meeting about their projects and the person confirmed he met with confirmed that Disney is getting a new fleet by bombider. He said it will be a modified version to fit the track (not sure what version but modified to work in WDW). And that this is where the theater money went. (So everything that has already been stated) however he said that the same person mentioned back in February that this was a possibility. Like I said take it for what it's worth.

msg7

whether or not its true... it NEEDS to happen. otherwise they might as well get rid of the monorails (which I do NOT support btw)- it's an embarrassment at the moment

I can't figure out how other cities and airports can have rail-type systems that are so much better than what is at WDW - people fly into MCO and can rid a better one there and then get to Disney and the doors fly open, they are down, or they are trashed
MCO has Automated People Movers. (APMs) They cost significantly less than the monorails, and less to maintain...

JUFL2019

t Disney works with on different projects. (Keeping this vague for obvious reasons). He said he was at a meeting about their projects and the person confirmed he met with confirmed that Disney is getting a new fleet by bombider. He said it will be a modified version to fit the track (not sure what version but modified to work in WDW). And that this is where the theater money went. (So everything that has already been stated) however he said that the same person mentioned back
MCO has Automated People Movers. (APMs) They cost significantly less than the monorails, and less to maintain...

The average Guest traveling from MCO to Disney World, does not, nor cares not, about the difference. One is brand new, one is falling apart.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Wow, congratulations, you managed to make it sound like a door flies open about every two seconds instead of once in 30 years and that they are all down (some are down for the maintenance that so many say doesn't happen) or trashed (I don't know of any that have been trashed) and that in order to use the mono rail one has to walk on the top of the rail itself from TTC to MK or Epcot and that it is constant. I don't mind the fact that after 30 years it is probably time to upgrade to new equipment, maybe replace it one train at a time, but, gloom and disaster spouting only hurts the chances of that happening.

Have you experienced the monorails over the past year? I didn't make it sound like a door was flying open every 2 seconds... but once is bad enough imo. I mean lets be honest here... modern equipment should have sensors to detect that. It has a lot of other issues as well I didn't specify. It is time to upgrade, change the design, or something.

Bender123

I know people rightfully so give Tom a lot of crap for his poor attitude and news stealing practices (myself included). But I agree with Marni he wouldn't have run this story unless he had something substantial.

That's on point. Like his attitude or not, he hasn't shown himself to be a wildly inaccurate source. Sometimes, you need to give the devil his due and its infinitely likely that sooner or later a monorail fleet replacement was going to be forced out. Im skeptical, but I as a source, this has me hopeful.

Kman101

I know people rightfully so give Tom a lot of crap for his poor attitude and news stealing practices (myself included). But I agree with Marni he wouldn't have run this story unless he had something substantial.

Let's hope it is substantial. I'd hope he wouldn't run it without believing it to be true.

danheaton

I rarely click on articles from that particular site, but I did have to read this one. While I'm entirely convinced, there is a lot of logic to the move from Disney. I also do understand the abrupt cancellation of the theater if that is helping to justify the costs of the monorails. Unlike a lot of the rumors, I can see the possibility of this one happening.

msg7

then why doesn't Disney consider moving to that design with a more Disney-like look?
They would have to replace all of the monorail track with a new guideway specialized for the APM system. An APM is meant to be used for smaller scale systems like airports. (sans Detroit's one...) The amount of vehicles that they would have to purchase to be more efficient than the monorail would just add up to being just as costly or even more...

I can’t verify this specifically but new trains are in the works. I don’t know about “soon.”
Any estimate of when we may see the first one roll out? (If you're allowed to say or even know, of course.) By the 50th?

JBIRDTO

If it is true unfortunately Bombardier is notorious for being late on projects. We have been waiting for years for new streetcars for Toronto and they have had delay after delay in delivering the product. Hopefully they can roll out single replacement monorails as they become completed.

castlecake2.0

If it is true unfortunately Bombardier is notorious for being late on projects. We have been waiting for years for new streetcars for Toronto and they have had delay after delay in delivering the product. Hopefully they can roll out single replacement monorails as they become completed.

I was thinking exactly this as I read this on the Queen street car ;) .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom