Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its just gotten the least attention until recently.

MK had its periods, too. 20k sat for 15 years, like an open wound. Stitch is vacant. Snow White is now a meet and great.

Zombie attractions exist, as well. Under new Management was a rare one that was mostly rectified and Stitch is an example that fits both columns.

The issue with doing this with Studios is that it had very few "rides" at the start and only one would be considered a classic...GMR. Otherwise, the classics have all been recent (in relation) to the park...Muppets and ToT. AK has two I would consider rides that have withstood the test of time and are approaching classic status...Safari and Everest.
You had me until Everest...which is a design failure and just a moderate switch track indoor coaster. Not much different than having 5 1/2 flags flying over it.

But goofy joe spent $100 mil on the queue...so there’s that...I guess?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My far out theory is that the original Future World was built under political pressure. And Disney has a!ways considered the "content" temporary. In "Disney Years"
Epcot was and still is the most unique amusement park concept ever built....and an engineering marvel.

I love theories...but I’m gonna reject this one 100%.

What “political pressure” would Disney have been under the carter administration?

Bender123

You had me until Everest...which is a design failure and just a moderate switch track indoor coaster. Not much different than having 5 1/2 flags flying over it.

But goofy joe spent $100 mil on the queue...so there’s that...I guess?

Space Mountain is a pretty tame wild mouse elevated by its theme/setting. Everest has that, but the Yeti failure wrecks it...I cant really blame that on a theming failure so much as an engineering one.

Most WDW attractions can be boiled down to "its just a _______ that's been prettied up" in the same way PotC and Splash are just log flumes elevated by their theme and story.

Historically, Disney attractions are elevated by the details more than the ride system.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Space Mountain is a pretty tame wild mouse elevated by its theme/setting. Everest has that, but the Yeti failure wrecks it...I cant really blame that on a theming failure so much as an engineering one.

Most WDW attractions can be boiled down to "its just a _______ that's been prettied up" in the same way PotC and Splash are just log flumes elevated by their theme and story.

Historically, Disney attractions are elevated by the details more than the ride system.
I agree with you...

But the world/expectations/engineering changed a lot from when they slapped rickety space together in 1974 as compared to joe spending a mint in 2003-2005

I also point that the best two WDI created ever - splash and tower- where new takes on old general concepts. More than the sum of its parts.

Everest was a better ride in A mode...I think I saw it 3 times? On boards such as this and the pixie dust playground...I see people defend it who never rode it. Speaking from what they do not know.

It’s like me appointing myself for Defensive Coordinator for KC this weekend...I can venture my opinions, but I still look dumb

Bender123

I agree with you...

But the world/expectations/engineering changed a lot from when they slapped rickety space together in 1974 as compared to joe spending a mint in 2003-2005

I see your point, but would counter that if the Yeti worked, it would be a no brainer. I was able to ride It when Yeti moved and its definitely not as impactful now. I really don't know which rumor to believe on the thing, but at some point they actually need to shut that ride down for an extended refurb and fix it. If Im not mistaken, its never been down for an extended refurb since it was built.

esskay

I see your point, but would counter that if the Yeti worked, it would be a no brainer. I was able to ride It when Yeti moved and its definitely not as impactful now. I really don't know which rumor to believe on the thing, but at some point they actually need to shut that ride down for an extended refurb and fix it. If Im not mistaken, its never been down for an extended refurb since it was built.

As i recall it was more than an extended refurb that we're used to. The top would need to be taken off the mountain, or a huge hole cut in the side due to the yeti being bolted to the foundations. It's all based on rumors however.

Like you said, its never been down for an extended refurb so when the time comes for a major refurb we'll probably see something done

lazyboy97o

As i recall it was more than an extended refurb that we're used to. The top would need to be taken off the mountain, or a huge hole cut in the side due to the yeti being bolted to the foundations. It's all based on rumors however.

Like you said, its never been down for an extended refurb so when the time comes for a major refurb we'll probably see something done
Go read the effects watch thread. The yeti has been removed in the past.

peter11435

There was no huge whole in the top or side of the mountain when the yeti was installed the first time. The building was complete in Florida at the same time the yeti was in California awaiting shipment to Florida.

Minthorne

This video makes it look like they are not getting entirely new trains but new bodies/passenger compartments that will be affixed to the existing chassis.

Tokyo got a new Monorail body ...

1581021942087.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom