New Monorail spiel

Knett

The monorail magnet is really cool. I bought one back in July when we stayed at Pop Century. The gift shop there had them. Dunno where else they may be found, but they were there. BTW, the first time I went in the shop and saw them, I didn't buy one. Went a couple days later to get one and they were out. Got one a day or two before we left though, they sell out pretty fast from what I was told. Only cost about $4.

KevinPage

You have to remember Disney wouldn't push the character if he wasn't immensely popular. Is it overkill, yeah you could make that point. I'm geting a little burnt on Stitch too, as much as I liked the movie and all the clever promos before it came out. But that is bound to happen with anything these days. We live in a mass market culture so you are bombarded with it all the time.

It the same thing when people refer to "the good old days". There were no "good old days". People were complaining there was too much ______, violence and foul language 50 years ago as there was today. But we tend to think of the past as "better" since we only remember the "good things" about it.

As far as the new monorail speil, I haven't heard it, but it generally gets updated over the years, so I'm not surprised. The past speil is what I'm used to, so naturally it is going to be a shock or looked at under a microscope by people. But in a few years it will be considered "the norm" as I assume people do off version 2 iterations ago. :D

wdwcptink04-05

MonoRon said:
No more: Please stand clear of the doors, Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas. That's the best part, I'm getting sick of stitch fast!
I agree. I miss the old announcer. I was visiting MK for the last time as a CP and we rode the monorail. We were gonna say the spiel when all of a sudden it was different. WEIRD! I am getting sick of stitch everywhere. What happened to Mickey. He is the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS!
Tiffany

wdwcptink04-05

Thanks for putting that website up. I worked at WDW for almost a year. I've been back home for a week and I miss it so much. That website really brightened up my day. Thankyou!
Tiffany

Siege898

no way! no more please stand clear of the doors. please excuse me i have to mourn.:cry:

p.s. if anyone get that on tape/audio recording (the please stand clear...) that would be great:sohappy:

mickey04

Well I just got back from 6 wonderfully wonderful days in the world, and was extremely disappointed by the change. It really took away from the magic as I'm very emotionally attached to that guy's voice (and I realize that's a little ridiculous). But Jack Wagner fans rest assured that " Please Stand Clear of the Doors" is still on there.

Oh, and it seems odd to me that they've gone through the process of plastering Stitch on the busses and monorails, and he even invades the speil (and I hate that "Welcome to Stitch Kingdom" line) but they've not even updated the park maps to include the attraction!! Anyone else find that surprising?

Invero

mickey04 said:
Oh, and it seems odd to me that they've gone through the process of plastering Stitch on the busses and monorails

Yes, I just saw him on the buses today. (I've been off the past few days)

However, this time I think they've crossed the line. On some buses, they have Stitch MOONING other cars! That's just terrible. :(

WDW-Imagineer

I am quite disapointed with the changes made. I surely hope they are only temporary and Disney for once listens to the feedback of the guest on this one.

mickey04

Invero said:
However, this time I think they've crossed the line. On some buses, they have Stitch MOONING other cars! That's just terrible. :(

He does that on the monorails too. I agree completely, that definitely crosses the line.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
DizkneeBoi said:
I'm surprised they didn't try and put Stitch into the new Carosuel of Progress pin as well.... :rolleyes:

Yeah - That's actually a good idea. Put Stitch on the COP pin.....jammed in between the gears. :cool: Enough with the Stitch and what not!

aklodge

Maybe the reason they took the Please Stand Clear of the Doors spiel is so they can make a new one with Stich narrating the whole spiel through out the MK monorail line. I sure do hope not. Then they REALLY would have crossed the line.:mad: :cry: :( Although, I doubt this would ever happen.

Invero

aklodge said:
Maybe the reason they took the Please Stand Clear of the Doors spiel is so they can make a new one with Stich narrating the whole spiel through out the MK monorail line. I sure do hope not. Then they REALLY would have crossed the line.:mad: :cry: :( Although, I doubt this would ever happen.
Jack Wagner's "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" is still there. That has not changed.

peter11435

Invero said:
Jack Wagner's "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" is still there. That has not changed.
Do you have any info about the work they are supposed to start tomorrow at the MK resort monorail stations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom