New Monorail Set

peter11435

Original Poster
Does anyone know if they have released a gold stripe monorail for the 50th. There is one on Ebay but I think it may be one someone painted.

jasonk

While in the toy store at Downtown Disney last week there was indeed several gold striped monorails. Just as I was getting excited, I took a closer look. Some idiot had actually painted (a very BAD paintjob) a gold stripe over the purple one. My wife wanted to ask a sales person what the deal was, but we never did.

BonzoAPD

I really want to get a monorail set with the hotels and SSE and all but I have nowhere to put it. It was so tempting though seing all the pieces at the stores.

monorail_driver

Pretty hilarious there was a painted one AT DISNEY. When I read that, couldn't help but laugh! Does anyone know if they sell monorails individually, without buying the additional track??

BSikor

As much as I love the gold monorail, I cannot get it. Every year for Christmas for the past x amount of years, I have gotten all of the resorts and attractions INCLUDING the switchgate and extra pieces. I had to get a storage unit to keep all of it.

BonzoAPD

BSikor said:
As much as I love the gold monorail, I cannot get it. Every year for Christmas for the past x amount of years, I have gotten all of the resorts and attractions INCLUDING the switchgate and extra pieces. I had to get a storage unit to keep all of it.

do you have any pictures of your setup?

peter11435

Original Poster
jasonk said:
While in the toy store at Downtown Disney last week there was indeed several gold striped monorails. Just as I was getting excited, I took a closer look. Some idiot had actually painted (a very BAD paintjob) a gold stripe over the purple one. My wife wanted to ask a sales person what the deal was, but we never did.
I went to WDW this weekend and can tell you this is not true. The new Gold monorails are everywhere and the paint job is just as good as on previous monorails. I actually purchased one and can assure you that it is not a painted over purple monorail.

VacationMan

jasonk said:

I would not be suprised if the displays were done this way in advance of the delivery of actual product. If the product was running late, and not available, they simply would not be able to wait until its arrival to design displays, forcing them to "modify" some existing stock. Smart thinking by someone in the product sales department to get the public hungry as early as possible...

tigger1968

New monorail.....just great.... :brick:

Now I gotta spend another $65.00 to feed my obsession....The wife's not gonna like this..... :lookaroun

peter11435

Original Poster
tigger1968 said:
New monorail.....just great.... :brick:

Now I gotta spend another $65.00 to feed my obsession....The wife's not gonna like this..... :lookaroun
yeah I know what you mean. I now have a red, purple, and gold monorail. On top of that I also have the HO train, the train station, the polynesian, the contemporary, and the TTC. And yet i can't wait untill they come out with another color. And I am still trying to get a yellow and black on Ebay.

tigger1968

Hey Peter, bet you don't have anywhere to put it all up at once either, just like me.... :lol:

I'm trying to figure out how to convice my wife that we don't REALLY need a guest bedroom.... :lookaroun

I do have one thing going for me, though. Any time she gets on me about my monorail collection ( I have all but the new gold one ), I just have to bring up her obsession with pin collecting. :rolleyes:

peter11435

Original Poster
tigger1968 said:
Hey Peter, bet you don't have anywhere to put it all up at once either, just like me.... :lol:

I'm trying to figure out how to convice my wife that we don't REALLY need a guest bedroom.... :lookaroun

I do have one thing going for me, though. Any time she gets on me about my monorail collection ( I have all but the new gold one ), I just have to bring up her obsession with pin collecting. :rolleyes:
I managed to get it all set up in one rooms, however I couldn't use all of my track. I also have two dead ends on each end because I did not have room for a full loop. It still looks good though.

peter11435

Original Poster
There not great but here are a few pics of my monorails.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

peter11435

Original Poster
monorail_driver said:
Awesome! Hey, I noticed you have an Epcot sign - do they still sell those, and if so, is it packaged with anything??
They never sold that. I made that myself and painted the white portions and blue letters with UV paint. I also made one of the purple signs in the display. I make many disney related things and models. I have also built models of Horizons, and the Team Disney buidling. And am currently working on the Universe of Energy(pre-rehab) and World of Motion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom