New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

Silver Figment

I don't hate the new costumes, but I don't like them either. Part of me doesn't care about them and part of me thinks they should have stuck with the old uniforms.

COProgressFan

Who on earth could have thought this was a good idea, or any sort of an improvement over the 1982 thru 2011 themed uniforms?!? Someone needs to check the coffee machines in the TDO office building; I think someone snuck something naughty into the coffee! Their decision making skills have been severely damaged somehow.

I find myself asking the same question. Who could possibly think this is an improvement? I don't even ask that rhetorically, but seriously, how can any person in leadership at WDW think this is a good idea?

It just illustrates how out of touch TDO is with their own product, or what is supposed to be.

asianway

Original Poster
I find myself asking the same question. Who could possibly think this is an improvement? I don't even ask that rhetorically, but seriously, how can any person in leadership at WDW think this is a good idea?
Group think at its finest. One person thinks its a good idea and no one has the courage to open their mouth in fear of losing their job. The VP has already proven she manages by indifference, so...

ExtinctJenn

As an American, if you're struggling to "get" these costumes, I think that means someone missed the mark on them.
Maybe there's a backstory that'll explain this mess to all of us perplexed Americans. :rolleyes:
I think part of the biggest reason I'm in that category is the costumes used to fit with the attraction inside and the theme of the overall interior. I don't even think one could call the old costumes "outdated" because honestly they were perfectly dated to fit the theme of the pavilion. Oh well. Maybe I'll get it when I see them in person. LOL!

DougK

The costumes at The American Adventure were my favorite thing in all of Walt Disney World.

I cannot believe they changed them.

My upcoming trips will be ruined.

:rolleyes:

WDWFigment

Does anyone know what, if anything, happened to CM Lonnie for leaking this information and taking the stance that he did?

It would be a shame to lose such a great CM, but I can't imagine that Disney just shrugged off his statements.

asianway

Original Poster
Does anyone know what, if anything, happened to CM Lonnie for leaking this information and taking the stance that he did?

It would be a shame to lose such a great CM, but I can't imagine that Disney just shrugged off his statements.
Based on what some of the hourly population gets away with, I think hell be fine. The union may have to get involved, but firing for speaking ones mind in a professional manner? Nah

COProgressFan

Based on what some of the hourly population gets away with, I think hell be fine. The union may have to get involved, but firing for speaking ones mind in a professional manner? Nah

I hope so. Lonnie is a great cast member, and I would hate to see him punished for speaking out against the ridiculous costumes.

BrittanyRose428

I don't understand the new costumes, they look very flight attendent-esque. I also don't see how thats unique to America, I guess I would describe the new look as professional looking, but I'm pretty sure clothing from other countries is also professional looking sooo....? I really like the old costumes, I know they did not want it to look like a museum or whatever, but the colonial garb is probably what America is most well known for...

MissM

I find the merchandise one the best. It's perfectly fine. (Though I don't know if a men's version in pants would translate as well.)

The flight attendant ones are pretty meh. They look cheap, old 70's polyester flight attendant quality.

The food worker ones though are utterly inexcusable. Those are HORRIBLE, fast-food ugliness. They're just bad. Truly and miserably awful.

jklakeview

I don't know. The food ones look like McDonald's type of outfits. To me if anything says food service uniforms in the United States, I would say it would be McDonalds. Anyway, I don't really think it's a big deal anyway. Somethings change and it's not a huge deal. If there was no dress code and the people could wear jeans and a t-shirt (like Target) I would get upset. I'm sure that most people wouldn't even realize this changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom