New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

tathompson87

I have never seen knock offs that looked so close to the actual characters. What company is this?

The company's name is BBBfesta on Instagram. From what I can tell it's a Latino party company where you rent out characters to come to birthdays etc. But they have knockoffs of every character possible it seems. Non-Disney as well. Some terrible looking, some not so terrible.

brb1006

The company's name is BBBfesta on Instagram. From what I can tell it's a Latino party company where you rent out characters to come to birthdays etc. But they have knockoffs of every character possible it seems. Non-Disney as well. Some terrible looking, some not so terrible.
They sure did a fine job with the first photo.

Thumper 32

I love the new Clarabelle head! I noticed it hasn't been put into use at DL yet over here out west.. It's still the old one in a Christmas Fantasy Parade.

The old Clarabelle look is still used at MK too, just a few yards away at the Frontierland Hoedown. I don't know that there even is a non-articulated version of her new look yet.

Between this with Clarabelle, Beast having his new look in the parade but not at Be Our Guest, and the whole smattering of Mickey and Minnie new vs old - what happened to character integrity?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
It still blows my mind seeing their mouths move. I just can't get over it. It's such a seemingly simple change yet it does so much to make them seem real. I realize it has been that way for years now, but still... Every time I see that I get instantly transported back to my foggy memories of being in Disney World when I was so young I believed the characters were real.

Sonic Sunglasses

It still blows my mind seeing their mouths move. I just can't get over it. It's such a seemingly simple change yet it does so much to make them seem real. I realize it has been that way for years now, but still... Every time I see that I get instantly transported back to my foggy memories of being in Disney World when I was so young I believed the characters were real.
That's exactly how I feel. The rational, jaded adult part of my brain wants to reason out how the mechanisms work to animate the mask, but the 10-year old part of my brain says I should shut up and buy into the magic. I love the wisdom of my 10-year old brain.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That's exactly how I feel. The rational, jaded adult part of my brain wants to reason out how the mechanisms work to animate the mask, but the 10-year old part of my brain says I should shut up and buy into the magic. I love the wisdom of my 10-year old brain.
I remember being little and stealing honey packets from the breakfast at my hotel so i could give them to Pooh during Crystal pallace lunch. Just like you said, the tiny kid part of my brain that used to steal honey for Winnie the pooh takes over completely when I see the characters mouths move!

Sonic Sunglasses

I remember being little and stealing honey packets from the breakfast at my hotel so i could give them to Pooh during Crystal pallace lunch. Just like you said, the tiny kid part of my brain that used to steal honey for Winnie the pooh takes over completely when I see the characters mouths move!
What an amazing memory! Treasure it. It's brilliant!

I caught this picture of Tigger in March. Right after I snapped this, he paused long enough to muss my hair. I laughed like a little kid, and I'm over 50 years old now. Damn, I love the Magic Kingdom!
BBjaXjN.jpg

That's why we do this. Why we go to the Disney parks again and again. These small, magical moments that reconnect us to our childhood. Innocence and optimism and gleeful joy. We need this now more than ever.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

The old Clarabelle look is still used at MK too, just a few yards away at the Frontierland Hoedown. I don't know that there even is a non-articulated version of her new look yet.

Between this with Clarabelle, Beast having his new look in the parade but not at Be Our Guest, and the whole smattering of Mickey and Minnie new vs old - what happened to character integrity?
The old Clarabelle is in MOUACT

The Hatbox Ghost

What an amazing memory! Treasure it. It's brilliant!

I caught this picture of Tigger in March. Right after I snapped this, he paused long enough to muss my hair. I laughed like a little kid, and I'm over 50 years old now. Damn, I love the Magic Kingdom!
BBjaXjN.jpg

That's why we do this. Why we go to the Disney parks again and again. These small, magical moments that reconnect us to our childhood. Innocence and optimism and gleeful joy. We need this now more than ever.

Yeah, l'm one of those that need this now more than ever- just booked my next trip this weekend! Really looking forward to some of that optimism and gleeful joy :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom