New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Kman101

I agree about Chip and Dale, while they do look fine. I feel like they both need a makeover around the head shape, facial structure and costumes. I love how Mickey and Minnie's new heads have different size and facial structure to make them look more expressive and stick out more. Since the older Mickey and Minnie heads would be the either the same size or the same Mickey head with makeup. The most notable is the new Mickey and Minnie heads have different sizes noses.

I hope they might do something similar for the chipmunks. Dale's nose needs to be more redder since it looks brown depending on the lighting. It's why I really love the Chip and Dale nutcrackers sold during the Christmas seasons sometime last year or a year before that.
24b68206fa0a62580574a07173db7f76.jpg

Also Donald Duck is the most notable of Mickey's friends that gotten the most amount of costume designs over the years. Such as his look which lasted from the late 1970's till the mid 1990's.
bigDisney019.jpg

But I have a soft spot for this design of Donald lasted from 1996 till 2002. Since the bottom half of his body isn't as plump and his legs looked more natural.
images

That's actually better, the last picture. While I agree the munks and Goofy could use the same facial restructure that Mickey and Minnie received (those would all be a nice plus), Donald's who I think needs a total overhaul. The rest just need new faces and maybe costume updates.

brb1006

So much better.

I want more trees so badly, but I know that's not a reality :(

The stage doesn't bother me too much, I've just been so used to it I have no memory of it not being there, unfortunately. My problem is the added stuff on the stage.
The reason I miss the trees at MK the most is not only because it looked beautiful at night as seen in this picture.
cc94f-3.jpg

But if you look at older footage of Cinderella Castle during the 1980's and 1990's from this angle. The trees are able to hide a bit of the view of the upcoming parade floats surprising some guests. Now that the trees are gone, it kind of ruins the surprise of what float will come up next. As seen in these videos from previous parades.

Here's a video of Share A Dream Come True Parade from 2003 during the final years of the trees at Magic Kingdom

Last edited:

brb1006

That's actually better, the last picture. While I agree the munks and Goofy could use the same facial restructure that Mickey and Minnie received (those would all be a nice plus), Donald's who I think needs a total overhaul. The rest just need new faces and maybe costume updates.
They need to make Donald, Daisy and the other ducks to look less plump and go back to a similar approach with Donald's body design from the late 1990's and early 2000's. Don't get me started with Ludwig Van Drake's appearance during the Long Lost Friends Week. His eyelids are really bugging me.

b66ea51751ecba3d636c271d8e314313.jpg

I actually prefer this design of Ludwig only seen during the World According to Goofy Parade from 1992 at Disneyland.
latest

brb1006

Donalds fine IMO theres not much to improove. Goofy could loose the eyelids and he would look better. I do not know whats wrong with chip and dale IMO
Chip and Dale look good compared to the others, but Dale's missing his hair near his forehead for example.

Piebald

The ducks look better in the Asian parks because they're actually short performers. Here they dont care who they staff as long as they're not 6' so sometimes it seems like Donald is a bit too tall.

MagicHappens1971

Don’t mean to bump this thread up, but I was just on the Dream and they do not have the articulated heads for Mickey and Minnie on the cruise ship, which I thought was odd.

tirian

The reason I miss the trees at MK the most is not only because it looked beautiful at night as seen in this picture.
cc94f-3.jpg

But if you look at older footage of Cinderella Castle during the 1980's and 1990's from this angle. The trees are able to hide a bit of the view of the upcoming parade floats surprising some guests. Now that the trees are gone, it kind of ruins the surprise of what float will come up next. As seen in these videos from previous parades.

Here's a video of Share A Dream Come True Parade from 2003 during the final years of the trees at Magic Kingdom

That first photo makes me deeply nostalgic for the classic WDW experience. Main Street was a land with unique shops and amusements, Main Street and Liberty Square had magic shops, the Golden Horseshoe still featured shows, POTC still fired cannons, etc. Plus the MK seemed to have live entertainment everywhere, all the time. *sigh*

rescue_ranger

The general public and OLC for Tokyo Disney does not like the look of the new head, in turn they are holding on rolling them out in their parks.

Several years ago, TDR released a figure of the classic Mickey costume (it was manufactured by Medicom, a Japanese action figure maker) and just earlier this year, they released one of Minnie so I don't anticipate we'll see the new heads anytime soon either.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 320

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Disney should mandate that Tokyo use the new heads. Whatever happened to character integrity?

If a child visits Tokyo and another resort within a short period of time, he/she may notice the difference and it would ruin the "magic" for the child.

They should have rolled these out world-wide on Shanghai's opening day.

The old heads are still used in media and other places. I don’t think the kids are in danger of being traumatized.

brb1006

Disney should mandate that Tokyo use the new heads. Whatever happened to character integrity?

If a child visits Tokyo and another resort within a short period of time, he/she may notice the difference and it would ruin the "magic" for the child.

They should have rolled these out world-wide on Shanghai's opening day.
Reminds me of how Disneyland was a year behind Walt Disney World when they we're getting the then new heads for Mickey and Minnie between 1988 and 1989.

tathompson87

Update: Apparently the New Mickey and Minnie heads might finally arrive at Tokyo Disneyland in early 2019.

Makes me wonder are they going to make the noses extra shiny like they’ve been doing with the old look. I never could figure out why they gave them the super shine treatment compared to everyone else.
34CDD132-C6BF-4227-8594-E8706A7A3126.jpeg

B3F3E465-9BAF-418B-9533-67F06C1D292F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom