New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

mm52200

How am I not surprised that the full rollout happened the exact same day they decided to cut talking Mickey. This just further proves that money can't be spent by TDO without something else being cut entirely.
Completely coincidental and unrelated.
This rollout of the redesign was eventually going to happen and was already slowly happening.
The closure of talking Mickey more so had to do with the daily operational cost of multiple rooms of mice getting show premium, backstage performers who helped Mickey talk, designated costumers and technicians who helped run the venue.

SoFloMagic

This rollout of the redesign was eventually going to happen and was already slowly happening.
The closure of talking Mickey more so had to do with the daily operational cost of multiple rooms of mice getting show premium, backstage performers who helped Mickey talk, designated costumers and technicians who helped run the venue.

Worked out well to not have to make a talking mickey version of the new head too...

SoFloMagic

Yes making it even more ironic and sad that they spent all the money to upgrade and replace all of those expensive articulated heads to only use them less than a year.
Yeah, that's awful. I was thinking the fact that it was an old mickey head at least brought some sense to it.

Donaldfan1934

While I agree that it most certainly had to do with daily operational cost, I strongly doubt the full rollout was coincidental. As you mentioned, the rollout was slowly happening at WDW as opposed to overnight like all of the other resorts except for TDR did. The only logical explanation for such a phenomenon is that TDO wasn't willing to fork out the money for a whole new fleet of costumes all at once. Yes, it was an inevitability that the rollout would be completed at some point, but I don't see how anyone could believe it's a coincidence that the entire fleet of new costumes just magically appears the second major daily operational costs are cut in a directly related area.

Last edited:

mm52200

While I agree that it most certainly had to do with daily operational cost, I strongly doubt the full rollout was coincidental. As you mentioned, the rollout was slowly happening at WDW as opposed to overnight like all of the other resorts except for TDR did. The only logical explanation for such a phenomenon is that TDO wasn't willing to fork out the money for a whole new fleet of costumes all at once. Yes, it was an inevitability that the rollout would be completed at some point, but I don't see how anyone could believe it's a coincidence that the entire fleet of new costumes just magically appears the second major daily operational costs are cut in a directly related area.
The end of Talking Mickey coincided with the end of one scheduling bid/season and the heads debuted with the start of the new bid/season which started the next day.
I believe the two are unrelated expense wise, just my opinion.

Donaldfan1934

The end of Talking Mickey coincided with the end of one scheduling bid/season and the heads debuted with the start of the new bid/season which started the next day.
I believe the two are unrelated expense wise, just my opinion.
Good observation with the scheduling bids/seasons, but you can't say that there weren't many bids/seasons over the past 12-18 months that Disney could've done the full rollout. Now there's a chance that you could be right and it's all just a coincidence, but from years of observing how Disney does things, I can't bring myself to believe that two major costuming changes made to the very same character are completely unrelated occurances.

peter11435

Good observation with the scheduling bids/seasons, but you can't say that there weren't many bids/seasons over the past 12-18 months that Disney could've done the full rollout. Now there's a chance that you could be right and it's all just a coincidence, but from years of observing how Disney does things, I can't bring myself to believe that two major costuming changes made to the very same character are completely unrelated occurances.

Bids generally change twice per year. Usually about every 6 months. Changes like these are generally implemented at those times. Regardless of wheather changes are or are not related they would have been scheduled to happen at the next bid start.

Cesar R M

Talking Mickey was using the new design head since last July. Sooooo you’re point is?
youvsyoure.png

Got you brother.

YorkshireT

I still haven't seen a proper explanation as to why Talking Mickey was done away with, and a chap who advised on them said it wouldn't happen. I'm livid as it was fantastic, will they ever come back?

discos

I still haven't seen a proper explanation as to why Talking Mickey was done away with, and a chap who advised on them said it wouldn't happen. I'm livid as it was fantastic, will they ever come back?
$$$ pretty sure it was stated earlier that it all has to do with the behind the scenes operating costs of talking Mickey vs a regular Mickey M&G

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom