New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

Cmdr_Crimson

Technically, this Maui looks better than the on ICE one.
The on ICE looks disproportioal and has a balanced head based on the movie. The on Ice's one is flat.

Here's a better angled version...
1515365998806.png

Donaldfan1934

Interestingly they used the Older versions during the recent Marathons and not the new version..

View attachment 255555
Seriously? It's 2018 and all the other resorts excluding TDR had their heads fully rolled out by early 2017. There's literally no excuse for them to be THIS far behind. Like I've said here in the past, this situation really shows how WDW is becoming the dirt cheap red headed stepchild of the Disney P&R family.

brb1006

Seriously? It's 2018 and all the other resorts excluding TDR had their heads fully rolled out by early 2017. There's literally no excuse for them to be THIS far behind. Like I've said here in the past, this situation really shows how WDW is becoming the dirt cheap red headed stepchild of the Disney P&R family.
TDO is moving as slow as this guy when it comes to rolling out the heads. It's been 2 years at this point.
latest

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

That's cause the Marathon characters are supplied by Disney Character Events and not technically the parks. So if that department hasn't received enough of a certain "product" they use what's on hand.

So even the one's used at Disney Springs like the Maria & Enzo Grand Opening wasn't thru Character Events? Interesting..

jrhwdw

Interestingly they used the Older versions during the recent Marathons and not the new version..

View attachment 255555
Reminds me of the early 90's commerical for Disney On Ice that featured the then new Mickey head while Minnie still kept her late 70's and 80's head. I need to find that particular commercial sometime.
I watched some of the marathon on WFTV and it looked like the new head was at the start of the race and the old one was at the finish line, which was weird.

I've seen commercials with the opposite. Look under Walt Disney's World On Ice.

disnyfan89

So even the one's used at Disney Springs like the Maria & Enzo Grand Opening wasn't thru Character Events? Interesting..

Did those happen to be Articulated? Ive seen the photos but cant tell 100%, that could be the difference there... and while I can't say 100% for certain (I'd imagine they where DCE as well) there's any number of factors as to why the outfit and designated look was assigned for a particular event from anything as simple as needed accessories may not work on a particular head or there was demand elsewhere for other events, maintenance/show quality, they only have 1 but because of the number of performers/sets they need more in a shift than can be provided, etc..

Cmdr_Crimson

I watched some of the marathon on WFTV and it looked like the new head was at the start of the race and the old one was at the finish line, which was weird.

I've seen commercials with the opposite. Look under Walt Disney's World On Ice.

The only ice show using New Mickey that I have seen so far is the Dare to Dream show...You'll see it at the tail end of the ad...

Did those happen to be Articulated? Ive seen the photos but cant tell 100%, that could be the difference there... and while I can't say 100% for certain (I'd imagine they where DCE as well) there's any number of factors as to why the outfit and designated look was assigned for a particular event from anything as simple as needed accessories may not work on a particular head or there was demand elsewhere for other events, maintenance/show quality, they only have 1 but because of the number of performers/sets they need more in a shift than can be provided, etc..

They were the Articulated ones...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom