New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

ToTBellHop

It is not in a guest area it is backstage. No one expects backstage to be pretty like the Main Street is. I'd rather see what backstage really looks like. It helps me to appreciate what is on the other side.
As was stated above, if guests can go there, and they can go here, it is on stage. Just because this standard was lifted several years ago with Fantasmic (instead of the planned exit from Fantasmic right to the area around the boat dock in front of DHS that would, God forbid, bypass the shops) does not mean it wasn't the standard for the first 30 or so years of WDW. Good to see DL is getting in on the bad show, too.

Goofyernmost

As was stated above, if guests can go there, and they can go here, it is on stage. Just because this standard was lifted several years ago with Fantasmic (instead of the planned exit from Fantasmic right to the area around the boat dock in front of DHS that would, God forbid, bypass the shops) does not mean it wasn't the standard for the first 30 or so years of WDW. Good to see DL is getting in on the bad show, too.
Yea, I know. I was there 30 years ago. However, it is now 2014. The world has changed and not necessarily for the better. Management has changed. All the old time imagineers are either dead or retired. At some point in time people will have to accept that Disney will probably never be that way again. We can enjoy it for what it is or create ulcers trying to turn back the clock. It just isn't going to happen.

The Visionary Soul

Yea, I know. I was there 30 years ago. However, it is now 2014. The world has changed and not necessarily for the better. Management has changed. All the old time imagineers are either dead or retired. At some point in time people will have to accept that Disney will probably never be that way again. We can enjoy it for what it is or create ulcers trying to turn back the clock. It just isn't going to happen.
And I thought I was negative. :(

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The only thing sadder then Disney lowering thier standards is when Disney park fans start accepting those lower standards.

Sage of Time

None of this is an excuse. You're paying for a product. Expect the best out of it.

Kman101

I understand what you are saying, but is there a company that does train you to not expect the best aside from (possibly) discount businesses?

I get what you're saying too. But when I hear a woman on the bus talking about how even restrooms are "well cleaned" (her words) because Disney has such high standards (and this was yesterday) ... you hear Disney and you just simply expect quality. Certain brands just demand and equal quality. Not every company goes out of their way to tell you they are a quality product and that they expect nothing but the best. Disney set themselves apart. That's all. But I know what you're saying.

I get what you're saying too. But when I hear a woman on the bus talking about how even restrooms are "well cleaned" (her words) because Disney has such high standards (and this was yesterday) ... you hear Disney and you just simply expect quality. Certain brands just demand and equal quality. Not every company goes out of their way to tell you they are a quality product and that they expect nothing but the best. Disney set themselves apart. That's all. But I know what you're saying.

I was not trying to nitpick, but I'm just saying it is hard to say. "Quality" in itself is broad, and some take it to unreal levels.

Case in point...I saw three groups of people in one hour who who so confused about the concept of waiting 30 seconds in line before someone greeted them (because they were busy helping others) that they came looking for me to complain no one was there to say hello....is that expecting quality, or just looking for reasons to be unhappy.

(I am NOT saying you are like them at all. I know you are not ;) )

Kman101

It is hard to explain. I don't know how to really explain why I think they set themselves apart. I think back to the "Roseanne" episode at Magic Kingdom where they are poking fun of how there's no trash on the ground. I just think Disney has always been expected to be quality. Maybe it's taken to an extreme level by some. Like the lady and her clean restrooms lol. She just *expects* them to be clean because it's Disney. It's been ingrained some how.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom