New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

Bairstow

This.

and this.

My first thought. Fire everyone who is involved with this idea. Bypass Main Street USA... :banghead:

This is what TDO comes up with? Well let's just get the crowd to bypass MSUSA?! But we've come to expect this...convenience before show. EVERYTHING before show!

How about adopting Disneyland's crowd control techniques?! The road is for standing, the East sidewalk is for people going into the Hub, the West sidewalk is for people leaving the park. IT WORKS PEOPLE! The folks wanting to watch the fireworks are happy because they can camp out in their prime spot, and the crowds buzzing around UNDERSTAND one-way traffic. What they DON'T understand is the chaos that ensues at MK because Park Ops can't grasp crowd control!

Bypass Main Street USA.... :mad:

Safety before show?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is the path my parents described when they took the back stage exit. It stated next to the Plaza restaurant which has always had a kind of a awkward look anyway. I'm wondering if this new path will connect up mid way at the ally in the middle of Main St. because aren't those buildings on the dead end ally just empty facades?

msusa_walkway2.jpg
Yes this is the current route that is frequently used during busy periods of the year. The new bypass will take a similar path.

CTXRover

I'm surprised by the responses here. For years they have funneled people behind Main Street in an unthemed backstage area with some bushes to try and direct your attention from the parking lot that sits behind Main Street. Now it sounds like they will finally address that with a more show ready permanent route. Sounds like a much needed solution. I don't know what extent of theming is happening, but if Steve says it is to be a show ready route, I'm all for it.

devoy1701

Safety before show?
yes, there's that.
I'm surprised by the responses here. For years they have funneled people behind Main Street in an unthemed backstage area with some bushes to try and direct your attention from the parking lot that sits behind Main Street. Now it sounds like they will finally address that with a more show ready permanent route. Sounds like a much needed solution. I don't know what extent of theming is happening, but if Steve says it is to be a show ready route, I'm all for it.
Unnecessary.

Marc Gil

This.

and this.

My first thought. Fire everyone who is involved with this idea. Bypass Main Street USA... :banghead:

This is what TDO comes up with? Well let's just get the crowd to bypass MSUSA?! But we've come to expect this...convenience before show. EVERYTHING before show!

How about adopting Disneyland's crowd control techniques?! The road is for standing, the East sidewalk is for people going into the Hub, the West sidewalk is for people leaving the park. IT WORKS PEOPLE! The folks wanting to watch the fireworks are happy because they can camp out in their prime spot, and the crowds buzzing around UNDERSTAND one-way traffic. What they DON'T understand is the chaos that ensues at MK because Park Ops can't grasp crowd control!

Bypass Main Street USA.... :mad:
I agree, the crowd control at Disneyland much better, and if MK actually adopted these techniques, they would save a boatload of money. IMO, I'm actually quite interested to see what this new passage through Main Street is going to look like.

I won't think of is as "skipping" Main Street, but just seeing it at different point of view.

Remember when everyone was complaining when they removed West Main Street? Well, I guess we have more of a Main Street now than we ever did! I just hope it's themed like the rest of MS.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No question it is absolutely needed, and has been for years. There are simply times of the year that Main Street U.S.A is at complete grid lock. It can make for a scary situation for guests, and cast.

midwest_mice

This will help. I have been back behind there for tours and such, but the one time I remember it being somewhat themed was when President Obama was giving his speech on Main St. They had Christmas floats and other floats back there. I am sure whatever theme they come up with will hopefully tie in with Main St.

devoy1701

No question it is absolutely needed, and has been for years. There are simply times of the year that Main Street U.S.A is at complete grid lock. It can make for a scary situation for guests, and cast.

Because of lack of crowd control, Steve. Disneyland can handle the after firework rushes but MK can't?

Marc Gil

Agreed, there's been many instances where MS has been packed like a sardine can. Getting out of the park when another 60,000 are trying exit is pure h@&$!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Brand defenders, relax.

It's okay to wonder about the level of theming we are going to see here. If they only take a half measure, then they leave themselves open to criticism.

aladdin2007

Agreed, there's been many instances where MS has been packed like a sardine can. Getting out of the park when another 60,000 are trying exit is pure h@&$!

Its scary too and completely out of control, I said never again a couple weeks when getting stuck in it myself. Its gotta be a fire code violation or something like that. Whats odd is I dont ever remember it being this bad before, now all of the sudden its always this way.

PhilharMagician

It is about time that they did this. I can't tell you how many times we have been routed backstage both going in and going out of MK. With the busy holiday season coming up and also the Christmas Day Parade taping weekend this will be a real plus. I love how they used to try and dress up the walk path with those temporary rolling planters for barriers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom