New MagicBands and Sliders coming soon

Jahona

Original Poster
Source Article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-and-accessories-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Out now. Classic Steamboat Willie and Finding Nemo.
NMBU38491.jpg

Later this month Jack Skeleton and Winnie the Pooh are going to be added.
NMBU38492.jpg

Expanding on the park specific magic bands, started with the castle for magic kingdom, comes one for each park. Figment in front of spaceship earth is great.

NMBU38493-613x368.jpg

I'm not sure if I've seen these before but the new sliders are kinda cool. I'm not sure how comfortable they would be but they stay attached better than the MagicBandits.
NMBU38494-613x366.jpg

NMBU38495.jpg

mergatroid

Sorry for this question but ................................................... We've just bought 2 x AP's which we'll pick up in October as being in the UK Disney won't post them to us (amazing how they couldn't find the money after taking $1,400 off us but hey, ho, maybe things are tight). We still have bands from last year but will we qualify for another band as our AP's aren't being renewed but starting afresh?

Jahona

Original Poster
I'm not sure exactly. I know in the US when you link an AP to your MDE account they send you bands 10 days after. Although Disney says you can't pick up your AP bands at the resort itself. That would be a call to Disney question I would think.

mergatroid

Yes. However, you'll need to call and talk to Disney. They can have the AP bands waiting for you at the resort, just as if they would any other band.

Thing is we aren't staying at a resort as we have a family place near Haines City. As you say, a call will need making.

Last edited:

Haylo

Now I'm really in a dilemma about what band to get when I go down there next month! I had been planning on getting the Haunted Mansion band, then I saw pictures of the the Steamboat Willy and Jack Skellington ones which I also really like so I had to decide between the three. Now there's going to be a Figment one too?!?! Too many choices!!!!!!

I know this is a silly thought, especially since Disney would never do it, but why can't the Special Magic Bands have a replaceable battery? They can keep the generic ones that die after a year, but I would be interested if I didn't have to buy a new one once the battery died.

wogwog

$ $ $ $ $ Are you new to Disney? $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Same reason they sell such cheap quality clothing. Planned replacement.

draybook

Source Article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-and-accessories-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Out now. Classic Steamboat Willie and Finding Nemo.
NMBU38491.jpg

Later this month Jack Skeleton and Winnie the Pooh are going to be added.
NMBU38492.jpg

Expanding on the park specific magic bands, started with the castle for magic kingdom, comes one for each park. Figment in front of spaceship earth is great.

NMBU38493-613x368.jpg

I'm not sure if I've seen these before but the new sliders are kinda cool. I'm not sure how comfortable they would be but they stay attached better than the MagicBandits.
NMBU38494-613x366.jpg

NMBU38495.jpg

Great......once my wife sees that Jack Skellington, it's gonna be all like this:

joker_zpsnetsd67m.gif

Jahona

Original Poster
I know this is a silly thought, especially since Disney would never do it, but why can't the Special Magic Bands have a replaceable battery? They can keep the generic ones that die after a year, but I would be interested if I didn't have to buy a new one once the battery died.

$ $ $ $ $ Are you new to Disney? $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Same reason they sell such cheap quality clothing. Planned replacement.

Actually part of it has to do with the fact that the bands are extremely waterproof. Having a door that is user serviceable opens up the possibility of increased failure.

jensenrick

These do look really neat. I was just going to use the magic band provided for our room stay, but . . .

QUESTION- who has done this? I'm assuming you buy one of these special bands and then they switch the info from your regular band to the new one, right? Is this a quick and seemless process or have people had issues? Just very curious.

arko

These do look really neat. I was just going to use the magic band provided for our room stay, but . . .

QUESTION- who has done this? I'm assuming you buy one of these special bands and then they switch the info from your regular band to the new one, right? Is this a quick and seemless process or have people had issues? Just very curious.
There is no info on the band they will both be linked to your MDE account, so your old band will still work.

The band basically has a serial number on the RFID chip, that number is linked to your MDE account, and when you touch your band to a reader all it gets is the serial number which the computer shows is attached to you account which has tickets and hotel info linked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom