New Magic Kingdom Guidemap Cover

EPCOT Explorer

I don't want to come across as mean or anything, but Disney=Pixar.

I think we are fortunate the Lassiter is Disney trained, and back in the stable. Does he do things differently, absolutely. As has been pointed out ably above, Disney promotes what sells.

Yep,but it's not the Disney that people think of when they go on a trip.Guests generally think of the Fab 5 and the Castle.Not A attraction that made it's debut a year and a half ago and isn't even a E tic.

It's about time they changed the MK cover. Now, if they could just do a new EPCOT one (the one for the 25th was AMAZING).
I KNOW!

Why not put the new SSE on?

Tom Morrow

No, I didn't grab a map since I already had one from when they were originally using that cover. Can anyone else confirm if they are still using Soarin'?

EPCOT Explorer

Huh...Disney is very strange sometimes....Why not put the newest attraction or event on the maps.I remember reading a thread that told of low attendance for SSE.Why not use the map for adverts?

Same with F&G....Why not commemorate the time with that?

For such a big company,Disney really is slow to do these things.:brick:

hpyhnt 1000

Huh...Disney is very strange sometimes....Why not put the newest attraction or event on the maps.I remember reading a thread that told of low attendance for SSE.Why not use the map for adverts?

Same with F&G....Why not commemorate the time with that?

For such a big company,Disney really is slow to do these things.:brick:

Because that requires extra time and, more importantly, extra money. Its easier and cheaper to just print the same map cover for many months (or in some cases, years) then it is to change it, especially if the change will only be relevant for a month and a half.

nemofinder22

Because that requires extra time and, more importantly, extra money. Its easier and cheaper to just print the same map cover for many months (or in some cases, years) then it is to change it, especially if the change will only be relevant for a month and a half.
I dont mean to bring a WDW vs. DLR in to the thread but not all park map covers stay that long. At WDW I guess it seems that way but at DLR its changes a lot, not all are Pixar ones and even Matterhorn got on the cover. So I dont think its always about the newest and greatest or always about Pixar. Strange are we sure some have lasted this long at WDW?

Found this all on Miceage, but it made it easier to find all the pics except for the one set which I have in my hands that being the Snow White/Jedi ones.

Oct- I cant find them but its generaly HalloweenTime covers

Nov-Dec-
DL-Castle in snow
DCA- the ugly fake Christmas tree(I dont mean to be mean but its a fake tree it dosnt really get much better)
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=127

After the holidays-
DL-Jedi Training Academy
DCA- Snow White 70th Anniversary exibit
Cant find the pics

March
DL- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
DCA-Pixar Play Parade
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=303

April-
DL- Matterhorn
DCA- Soarin
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=338

June-
DL-Indiana Jones Adventure
DCA-Toy Story Midway Mania
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=441

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
No, I didn't grab a map since I already had one from when they were originally using that cover. Can anyone else confirm if they are still using Soarin'?

Well, I don't know how you found one, but they haven't used Soarin' since Nemo opened. They've released a version most recently in May, which all I've noticed on that's different is that they have REIMAGINED! on the Spaceship Earth description now, and the customary reversing of the cover colors. Still Nemo, still that aqua blue/green color. The previous version was March 2008, which had the Spaceship Earth description returned after been missing during the overhaul, still Nemo cover. The only times it has been different since The Seas reopened was during the holidays with the Candlelight Processional, and the glorious 25th Anniversary Guidemap. I was there plenty of times throughout April, and I made a point to grab a couple of sets of the guidemap, times guide, and festival guide. Plus stocking them at work almost everyday. All Nemo, Dory, and Clamshell.

A slight overreaction guys?

I wish disney would develop some decent new IP too. To be fair they had a good start with Meet the Robinsons. Which IMO was a great film, just wasnt pushed hard enough. Enchanted was great too but I cant see what ride oppertunities one can get from that film.

I like Laugh Floor, Finding Nemo; The Musical and ITTBAB. Our of all the pixar related shenanigans I actually dont like Living Seas with Nemo so much. The pavillions fab and the rides cute. But that song ("In the Big Blue World") kills it a tad. Though maybe it didnt help that the ride stopped for 5 minutes at that bit the last time I rode

Also; Donalds Gran Feista sez hi guys. I know it isnt much, but it is a recent WDW attraction featuring classic characters.

But yeah Disneys going to want to push things that people are most likely going to get excited about on the maps. Il'd like more of a mix too. But Disneys got a way to go before it can reach the headdy heights of the 90's again. They pretty much abolished the animation unit (non-CGI) 3-4 years ago. So the companys almost pretty much back to square one in that area.

Kman101

I think I might have the Snow White/Jedi Training Academy ones.

When I was there in May, I know the Disneyland one was sporting the Indiana Jones Adventure, but it was a different picture than the current one. I can't recall the DCA one. I'll try to find it.

EPCOT Explorer

I dont mean to bring a WDW vs. DLR in to the thread but not all park map covers stay that long. At WDW I guess it seems that way but at DLR its changes a lot, not all are Pixar ones and even Matterhorn got on the cover. So I dont think its always about the newest and greatest or always about Pixar. Strange are we sure some have lasted this long at WDW?

Found this all on Miceage, but it made it easier to find all the pics except for the one set which I have in my hands that being the Snow White/Jedi ones.

Oct- I cant find them but its generaly HalloweenTime covers

Nov-Dec-
DL-Castle in snow
DCA- the ugly fake Christmas tree(I dont mean to be mean but its a fake tree it dosnt really get much better)
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=127

After the holidays-
DL-Jedi Training Academy
DCA- Snow White 70th Anniversary exibit
Cant find the pics

March
DL- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
DCA-Pixar Play Parade
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=303

April-
DL- Matterhorn
DCA- Soarin
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=338

June-
DL-Indiana Jones Adventure
DCA-Toy Story Midway Mania
http://micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=441

*cough*:D

Why does DL ALWAYS get the nice stuff?

A slight overreaction guys?

I wish disney would develop some decent new IP too. To be fair they had a good start with Meet the Robinsons. Which IMO was a great film, just wasnt pushed hard enough. Enchanted was great too but I cant see what ride oppertunities one can get from that film.

I like Laugh Floor, Finding Nemo; The Musical and ITTBAB. Our of all the pixar related shenanigans I actually dont like Living Seas with Nemo so much. The pavillions fab and the rides cute. But that song ("In the Big Blue World") kills it a tad. Though maybe it didnt help that the ride stopped for 5 minutes at that bit the last time I rode

Also; Donalds Gran Feista sez hi guys. I know it isnt much, but it is a recent WDW attraction featuring classic characters.

But yeah Disneys going to want to push things that people are most likely going to get excited about on the maps. Il'd like more of a mix too. But Disneys got a way to go before it can reach the headdy heights of the 90's again. They pretty much abolished the animation unit (non-CGI) 3-4 years ago. So the companys almost pretty much back to square one in that area.

Not a overreaction-I'm just a big fan of the maps(They are free!:lol:) and know that Disney can do MUCH better.

sweetale

I would venture to guess that they change the maps at DLR more frequently due to the target audience. At DLR you have more locals visiting vs. people making long distance trips. Thus, you want to keep things fresh, including cover changes. At WDW, there are more people visiting from far distances or perhaps just visiting less often. Thus, you want to inform them of "new" or "marketable" (Pixar) attractions. That's just my speculation!:wave:

nemofinder22

*cough*:D

Why does DL ALWAYS get the nice stuff?
But WDW gets the better stage shows DL only has 2 great ones that being Aladdin and Fantasmic. Plus WDW has PhilharMagic and Everest! :animwink:

I would venture to guess that they change the maps at DLR more frequently due to the target audience. At DLR you have more locals visiting vs. people making long distance trips. Thus, you want to keep things fresh, including cover changes. At WDW, there are more people visiting from far distances or perhaps just visiting less often. Thus, you want to inform them of "new" or "marketable" (Pixar) attractions. That's just my speculation!:wave:

Ahh beat me to it I was just about to add that part.

I think MK's should be changed to PhilharMagic :lol:

djkidkaz

one couldn't agree MORE!!! I thought this place was called Disney World.. Not Pixar World??? hmmmm

Heres what I dont understand. Walt Disney didn't create and draw Pinocchio, or Snow White or Little Mermaid or any of it. A group of people did all the work and he just tagged it as a "Walt Disney production". He did this because he said he didn't want people thinking about a "Bill Jenkens production for Walt Disney", or a "Tom Smith production", etc. It was all just Walt Disney. The people who created all those classics were basically the "Pixar" of that era. Disney went out and found the best talent in the industry, just like Walt himself did back in his day. The only difference is that now they have to say its a Disney/Pixar film due to legal obligations because of changes in our societies business policies. Ask your average person who made Toy Story or Finding Nemo and the majority of people are going to say Disney, not Pixar.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Wow I thought I was the only one that took a big handful of the park maps both from the parks and a couple from the resort. I came back from Disneyland last week with 15-20 maps for each of the parks. I missed TSM's opening by 1 DAY!!!:brick::brick:I tried to talk the security person into letting me ride on previews b/c I won't be able to see it for another 5 years since we moved our next trip back. They just smiled and said verry sorry but we can't. My plane left LA on the 17th of June b/c I had to be back on the 18th for a conference.:(:(:(:cry:

EPCOT.nut

It's very unfortunate that one E stop next to a screaming bratty fish does this to you.:lookaroun:lol:

Yes well the same 20 second loop over 15 minutes will do that to a person.....

EPCOT Explorer said:
So why not put the Icon on the maps?Do we want guests to think that all Disney cares about is the MILF:)lookaroun)

I want a MILF shirt......wait, I don't have kids. *nevermind* :lol:
Honestly that is the funniest thing to read here on these boards.

Dragonrider1227

Hey, it's not Pixar's fault they're the only ones making movies worth turning into great rides to advertise :lol: Quite frankly, I don't see the issue. Pixar IS Disney now. Woody and Nemo are just as much a part of Disney as Mickey and Donald now. I'll admit, it's a little much, but so is your reactions of doom and gloom. You all just don't like it 'cause it isn't what YOU grew up on.

EPCOT Explorer

But WDW gets the better stage shows DL only has 2 great ones that being Aladdin and Fantasmic. Plus WDW has PhilharMagic and Everest! :animwink:

Ahh beat me to it I was just about to add that part.

I think MK's should be changed to PhilharMagic :lol:

AGREED!I remeber hearing ReDis:)lookaroun) say that it had low attendance...Why not boost it?THe same argument applies to SSE

Yes well the same 20 second loop over 15 minutes will do that to a person.....

I want a MILF shirt......wait, I don't have kids. *nevermind* :lol:
Honestly that is the funniest thing to read here on these boards.
:eek:
:lol:

Ah,You crack me up!

Hey, it's not Pixar's fault they're the only ones making movies worth turning into great rides to advertise :lol: Quite frankly, I don't see the issue. Pixar IS Disney now. Woody and Nemo are just as much a part of Disney as Mickey and Donald now. I'll admit, it's a little much, but so is your reactions of doom and gloom. You all just don't like it 'cause it isn't what YOU grew up on.
Actually,I did.I'm 16 so these ARE the movies of my childhood.

Yes,Pixar is Disney and vice-versa but it's never been where Pixar creates all the movies.Back in the '90s we had both-Amazing Disney pictures AND Pixar.To me,it seems like they are two different franchises working under a common name.That's why Pixar getting all the attention bothers so many.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom