Anyone noticing a pattern here?
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

*headdesk*
:brick:

That attraction is a year and a half old.Whatever happened to having the ICON on a park map?!?(I could make the obvious Pixar take over comment here,but I won't. :p)

And EPCOT STILL has the Seas?Why not SSE?That's new too,Disney!

Sheeeesh!

(I do like the little YOAMD banners though...Classy.:cool: )

djkidkaz

Pixar has put out all the best Disney movies in the last decade, what would you expect? I love Pinocchio, Beauty & the Beast and Toy Story. My parents love all the old original Walt classics, but also are falling in love with the new Pixar films as well because they are such well written stories. Every parent and child knows Nemo, every parent and SOME children know Pinocchio, so Disney puts the most recognizable and most current characters on their covers. Im baffled by all the Pixar "hate" on the boards. Can someone break it down with a valid reason why they should put old characters rather than their hottest new franchises?

EPCOT Explorer

I think it's because it's all Disney "hypes" up these days.All the headliners are Pixar.Some people feel that Pixar is pushing the Disney aspect out of Disney.I know for one that some people want the return of original characters and stories for the parks.Something original and creative one could say.Pixar seems like the only thing Disney is making these days.While I think that's a little extreme,I do think that the maps are a bit much.

Hope that answers your question.

Jerm

It is all about the latest and greatest, heck Disneyland has Indy on the cover because of the push from the movie. This has always been the way for as long as they have been doing this type of cover....yes I know Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and The Seas W/Nemo and Friends is a bit old, but you have to think these are so little kids can but there parents to see the things they know. What is on the cover of AK now?

EPCOT Explorer

EE(and not me LOL) still is...Although they could easily pull a Finding Nemo The Musical if they really wanted to go all out Pixar.:dazzle::brick:

It's over a year old too!:lol:

the-reason14

I dont mind them, only one I would mind is the MK one. BTW, what was previously on that map? I forget, but showing the crappy boring monsters show is what I dont like. Its not new, I know nemo at epcot isnt either but I enjoy that one. The Monsters show is horrible IMO, and I wish theyd show something worth it on the MK map.

krankenstein

EE(and not me LOL) still is...Although they could easily pull a Finding Nemo The Musical if they really wanted to go all out Pixar.:dazzle::brick:

It's over a year old too!:lol:

I sat ITTBAB for DAK. They need to include as many Pixar films as possible! :)

I dont mind them, only one I would mind is the MK one. BTW, what was previously on that map? I forget, but showing the crappy boring monsters show is what I dont like. Its not new, I know nemo at epcot isnt either but I enjoy that one. The Monsters show is horrible IMO, and I wish theyd show something worth it on the MK map.

If my memory is right, I believe tht had the POTC one with Jake Sparrow in front of the castle.

EPCOT Explorer

JAck from POTC was there last...Remeber the HCOE Map?I LOVED having the castle on the map.

I sat ITTBAB for DAK. They need to include as many Pixar films as possible! :)
)

If my memory is right, I believe tht had the POTC one with Jake Sparrow in front of the castle.
Why not?It's "marketing" no?:brick:

Laura

Premium Member
Actually while I was in Disney this past week I was thinking about how much I really liked the map covers and I kept one of each. :)

EPCOT Explorer

I always get a stack of maps too...And admittedly these look MUCH better than the HSM one and a few of the Holiday ones we have had.I just wish Disney would do something creative instead of relying on Pixar for all their marketing and such.

maryszhi

nice, my cousin brought some back for me. i think its coincidental they are all disney and pixar. if you go on facebook, there is a circle that has disney's year of a million pixar attractions and promos. is it just me or is disney just doing pixar?

AEfx

Actually while I was in Disney this past week I was thinking about how much I really liked the map covers and I kept one of each. :)

Wait, you don't already grab a stack on your way out of a park just because?

Laura, I thought you were more of a Disney geek than that. :ROFLOL:

AEfx

wickedfan07

While it is kind of funny that we are all complaining about the pictures on the front of a map, I'm going to complain anyway!

why does epcot still have Nemoon the front? Be original, folks! At least the Laugh Floor is newer than the PotC refurb. But they could have easily put the HM on there, too. TSM makes sense for DHS because it is brand new. I'm sure AI will be on the cover when it opens. But the Laugh Floor? Now? (Does this mean that the PotC craze is officially over now? :lol:)

Don't get me wrong, I love Pixar, but I think this is the fate of Disney theme parks until Pixar starts making flops, which isn't likely. I love me some Mickey, castles and geospheres every so often, too.

/senseless complaining

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom