New Luggage tags correspond with Magic Band Color

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If this is only for guests on a package and using ME, I'll be disappointed. We haul our own luggage and drive our own (rental) car, and we get bupkis! :(

You don't have to be using ME because in the past before we joined DVC (2013) and had a package booked we got a luggage tag regardless of using ME. Hoping they start sending these with the MB boxes! That would be awesome!! :D

sxeensweet

The official language:

Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests will receive their items as follows:

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 10+ days prior to arrival will receive their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at home.
  • Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.
Note the third option. So they will have the tags at the front desk. It will likely only be the grey one- like they have as Magic Bands.
Although I'm going to be going up there and sweet talking to see if I can get a couple. I'm DVC so we don't get any :(
If you will be getting Magic Bands as per what a you posted above, they should be in the box from now on with the Magic Bands for us DVC members. :)

sxeensweet

The language mentions a "package"- so I would highly doubt we get it. What I posted just mentioned the timing of when you would receive it.
True but I think if hey are putting it in Magic Band boxes they may put it for everyone so as to not have different Magic Band boxes for some than others(besides the special Passholder boxes that look totally different). :)

shipley731

I had opted out of getting more magic bands for my October trip as we have about 25 of the things between me & the DH. Might have to rethink that decision.

HolleBolleGijs

The language mentions a "package"- so I would highly doubt we get it. What I posted just mentioned the timing of when you would receive it.

Where do you see it referencing a package? Or did I miss something?

FWIW, you know what other official language mentions a "package?" FP+ selections at 60 days out. In practice, all you need is a resort reservation, not a "package." But sometimes Disney just throws around the word package so as to not confuse guests, since most people probably book packages and might be confused otherwise.

KathyFio

We are arriving on 9/29 and just received our magic bands yesterday...no luggage tags!! I called Disney Travel and the cast member didn't know anything, beyond what she saw posted on the internet, about the new luggage tags. She said nothing had been released by Disney or confirmed. She checked with Magical Express to see if the new tags were coming from them, but they didn't have info either.

Bairstow

Neat!
I'm really glad to see the Paul Rudish versions of the characters appearing in a more official capacity.
These versions of the characters are really appealing to me.

mickey-croissant.jpg

KathyFio

We check in October 2nd. Got our magic bands and luggage tags in the mail yesterday.
Did you get the luggage tags that coordinate with the magic bands, or the standard ones with Mickey and the yellow background? We got the Mickey ones, the same ones we have gotten the past two years.

WDW_Firefighter

Original Poster
Did you get the luggage tags that coordinate with the magic bands, or the standard ones with Mickey and the yellow background? We got the Mickey ones, the same ones we have gotten the past two years.
We got the luggage tags that coordinate with the color of magic bands. I attached a pic with the previous post, did it not go through?

HolleBolleGijs

It looks to be the color-coordinated ones (he posted a picture).

We check in October 2nd. Got our magic bands and luggage tags in the mail yesterday.

Curious - do you have a package or room-only reservation?

dreamfinder

Keep in mind you are talking about two different sets of luggage tags. The ones that coordinate with the magic bands are (presumably until someone shows otherwise) meant to replace the most recent ones sent only to those who book a package (think the last style was blue with the castle/clouds). The yellow w/Mickey head are for DME and will be sent to anyone who books DME transfers to identify your luggage and get it grabbed by the DME CMs and delivered to your hotel room.

dreamfinder

We are arriving on 9/29 and just received our magic bands yesterday...no luggage tags!! I called Disney Travel and the cast member didn't know anything, beyond what she saw posted on the internet, about the new luggage tags. She said nothing had been released by Disney or confirmed. She checked with Magical Express to see if the new tags were coming from them, but they didn't have info either.

Do you have a room only booking or a package reservation?

raymusiccity

We booked a package and I customized our Magic Bands immediately after booking the trip.

It seems a shame that only pkg. trips are being sent the luggage tags. Disney would garner a lot more good will if they'd include the luggage tags with any room reservation. If they're concerned about cost, just offer it as a bonus for declining a customized Magic Band.

Mouse_Trap

Neat!
I'm really glad to see the Paul Rudish versions of the characters appearing in a more official capacity.
These versions of the characters are really appealing to me.

mickey-croissant.jpg

Not sure I get what that means, but at least they're not the digital animation ones. They are so horrid.

lIXe0zrG.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom