New Luggage tags correspond with Magic Band Color

mufasa0505

My Magic Bands arrived today, sans luggage tags. We booked our package through the Sports division, not sure if that made the difference. :(

boufa

I did not book ME and the tags arrived in the magic band box 3 days ago. They were in a envelope in the bottom of the box. Had to remove the band holder part to find them.

The number one most confusing thing in Disney Marketing... Why oh Why do they bother with this "promotion"... the ME luggage tags and these tags are completely different, and have nothing to do with each other. This promotion is as dumb as if they gave you a commemorative hotel room door key, in addition to a working one, just because Schlage Lock paid them for the marketing and promotion. The ME tags are generic large yellow stickers, these tags do absolutely nothing but look cute on your luggage, and get broken when you luggage goes down those moving belts at luggage claim in the airport.

People complain about FP+ and how complicated it can be, but I wonder how many people on ME lose their luggage because they guest swears they put the grey mini mouse luggage tag on their bags, but their bags didn't show up in their room... then blames Disney for losing their bags.

dreamfinder

People complain about FP+ and how complicated it can be, but I wonder how many people on ME lose their luggage because they guest swears they put the grey mini mouse luggage tag on their bags, but their bags didn't show up in their room... then blames Disney for losing their bags.

Isn't this why the Mears employees checking you in for DME specifically ask, did you check any luggage, how many bags, etc? Just to help try to catch people who don't understand how it works?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Isn't this why the Mears employees checking you in for DME specifically ask, did you check any luggage, how many bags, etc? Just to help try to catch people who don't understand how it works?
I have never once been asked by the check-in DME person if I have any checked luggage.

I must look like I know how to use the yellow tags ;).

dstrawn9889

I have never once been asked by the check-in DME person if I have any checked luggage.

I must look like I know how to use the yellow tags ;).
that is BECAUSE the TAG that has your Airport Barcode is ROUTED to Mears for transport to the resorts, it has NOTHING to do with these tags.

Tinkerbell 8

Got our magic bands today and no luggage tags, we booked a package, but it was for the Wine and Dine half marathon so I booked through the sports number, not sure if that makes a difference. I know its silly but I was really looking forward to new Disney luggage tags since I have about 30 of the clouds/castle one :(

G00fyDad

Got our magic bands today and no luggage tags, we booked a package, but it was for the Wine and Dine half marathon so I booked through the sports number, not sure if that makes a difference. I know its silly but I was really looking forward to new Disney luggage tags since I have about 30 of the clouds/castle one :(

Did you take the MB "holder" out and look underneath? Some members have reported Disney sticking them under that.

Tinkerbell 8

Did you take the MB "holder" out and look underneath? Some members have reported Disney sticking them under that.
Yep, and i even removed the directions sheet and looked under that. I didn't even get the old tags in the box or the envelope I got before with our package info. Has anyone else that booked a sports package gotten the new tags?

G00fyDad

Sorry to hear that. This whole endeavor appears to be hit/miss. I wonder if there is some sort of formula they use to determine who gets the tags?

I have a split stay, and found the tags hiding in the bottom of the box for our package only, not for the room-only reservation so it does seem to be for packages only. I never would have found them if I hadn't thought to check into this thread. The real upset is that we have room only first, and then package so we picked a nice color assortment for the first set of bands and didn't care about the second colors so my 2 girls, sister, husband, and I have 2 donald, a pluto, and a creepy goofy since all the minnie & daisy colored bands were in the first set :arghh: They also didn't include one for my younger daughter since she's not yet 3. Cute promotion, but I'm underwhelmed by the execution.

officialtom

Our luggage tags always come alone, with the vacation brochure and other paperwork, since Disney won't ship magic bands to Canada. We always end up getting the tags a couple weeks before the trip. Hoping they'll correspond to our MBs for our Jan/Feb trip!

boufa

that is BECAUSE the TAG that has your Airport Barcode is ROUTED to Mears for transport to the resorts, it has NOTHING to do with these tags.

Thank you for proving my point about confusion. The airline tag that says MCO, and is placed on your luggage when you depart by the airline, does nothing but get it routed to MCO. It does NOT tell mears, or anyone at the airport anything at all. The airline doesn't care where you are going once you land. ONLY the Yellow tags indicate to the mears employee that they need to get your bags. The ground crews at MCO know that if it has a yellow tag it gets separated from the rest., and held for mears to deal with.

The tags with the magic bands are worthless trinkets that do nothing for anyone.

JamieLee18

I haven't seen what arrived in my package yet, but one of the other rooms in our group received all matching tags despite having different colored magic bands. They coordinate with the band color assigned to the name on the account in this instance.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
image.jpeg
Does anyone know what the corresponding tag will be for the new purple option?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom